Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I did that at my Mazda dealership, but they weren't too happy about it. I believe merchants pay a fee for the privelege of charging to credit cards, that could be one of the issues.

I know my local VW dealer will allow up to $5,000 on a credit card, but at Mazda I really had to tell them my purchase of the CX-7 was contingent on letting me put the down payment on my card. Like you, I paid it off within the month.

So, neither of those case are Acura dealers, but hopefully it will work out for you.
  • it was rochelle park, park avenue acura. i'm sure i can cut it down to $ 31,000. i'm buying the RDX this weekend
    i will post the final price
  • it was rochelle park, park avenue acura. i'm sure i can cut it down to $ 31,000. i'm buying the RDX this weekend
    i will post the final price

Awesome. They are five minutes from where I live. Thanks.
  • jayctjayct Posts: 16
    I got an RDX Base for $200 under invoice here in CT. If I wanted to go to RI I could have got it to $500 under. With the great financing (4.9%), it was a deal too good to pass up. we were considering a CRV, but for a little bit more we are driving a great vehicle. Jay
  • did1did1 Posts: 2
    Tomorrow I am purchasing an RDX with Tech for $100 under invoice. I got the deal from an Acura dealer in Libertyville, IL.

I sent out a request for bids to all the chicagoland Acura dealers. Most played the "come on in and let's talk" game. Sorry, homey don't play that.

I imagine you can get much more than $100 under. These things are piling up on the lots. Pauly Acura in Highland Park, IL told me they had 4 RDX's. I checked the lot and they must of had at least 30 in the wrappers lined up rotting on the storage lot.

Be ruthless!
  • I've seen a couple of different invoice prices. Am I assuming correctly that people use the Edmunds 33,290 when referring to invoice?
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    30774 for base (includes destination)

33960 for tech (includes destination)
  • $33,200 with Tech package.

Did it all on the internet. Dealers are ready to make deals on these cars in this area - piling up on the lots.

$33,200 before taxes, tags. Got the 4.9% financing as well.

Dealer made $260 profit on the car
    Invoice: $33290
    LESS Holdback: $998
    Dealers Cost: $32291
    Destination: $670
    Sub-total $32,961 - this would be a "no profit deal"

What I paid: $33,220
    Dealer profit: $260

I'm happy. Car is great so far.Shop around folks - people are willing to do deals - at least in the Bay Area...this car isn't selling.
  • How did you know about the Holdback amount? - is there a place where such information is regularly posted? I was wondering why dealers were willing to sell under invoice. Are there any other reasons or incentives that would lead to such willingness, in general?
  • Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

The dealers are willing because RDX sales are terrible, and they have a lot of cars sitting on the lots. I am seeing $600-700 under invoice in Virginia with little haggling.
  • I'm looking in DC area. Where have you seen that? Thanks.
    Try Pohanka in Chantilly -- ask for an internet quote.
  • minoteminote Posts: 13
    If you would, please let me know how much you paid out the door price (included tax, title, license). I'm trying to get a good price here in SoCal and dealers have not offered me a good price yet and I just want a base one. Would you think $32.5K offer for an out the door price with back up sensor + splash guard is a good offer? Thanks in advance. :confuse:
  • minoteminote Posts: 13
    Hi, please let me know how you did with the offer.
    I am also trying to get a good deal in So Cal with only the base package but they sent me an offer for OTD for $36K.
    I think it's ridiculous. Thanks.
  • dont have the exact #s in front

-tax was 8.25%
    -tags were about $200
    -$45 doc prep fee

that's it
  • My brother brought a base model from Serramonte Acura last week for $33600 out the door. This is roughly about $200 below invoice.
  • Hi Bob,

Would you be able to send me any (or all) information you had for the Acura RDX prices you had emailed to you for dealers in the Chicagoland area. We are looking to purchase it by the January 2nd date. Please email to jeffbrecker@gmail.com

Thanks so much.
    Jeff
  • did1did1 Posts: 2
    Jeff,

Wow, you want all my hard work handed over :)

Here's what you need to know.

RDX with Tech
    List Price $38,125.00 (includes destination)

What You Should Pay

Invoice $33,290.00
    Less Holdback -998.00
    Destination $670.00

Dealer Actual Cost for an RDX with Tech = $32,962.00

Now if you can get it for as little over this cost as possible you win. What's a fair profit? $50.00, $100.00, $500.00?

Then add tax, title, license. Good luck!

P.S. Only deal with the Fleet Managers.
  • mftmrtmftmrt Posts: 17
    I was just quoted for RDX with tech for 36 mo / 10k miles: .00146 & 56%. Is that the actual Honda Finance rate is dealing inflating it?