Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Keyless Entry

2»

Comments

• I'm glad they turned it off. I have a mazda 5 and we started it this morning to warm it up and the darn think locked it self with the keys in it. Now I have to call the locksmith because it IGNORES the 2nd keyfob when it does this. Needless to say I'm very upset as I didn't know it did that. From now On ill make sure to leave the door open when its running.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    If you have the second keyfob in hand, can you not use the key to unlock the door?

I think I've heard this before in a BlondeStar commercial.
  • nmknmk Posts: 111
    I open the door. Sit in the drivers seat with the key in my pocket.
    Try to start by turning the ignition knob. "Key" light flashes on the dashboard. Ignition knob will not turn. Cannot turn wheel, or use the shift lever. :mad:

Take out key, press "unlock" icon, turn on ignition knob, car starts.

Any clue as to why this occurred? I think that this has happened before, but was too busy to notice/remember.
    Has this happened to anyone else? :confuse:
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Posts: 498
    make sure you don't have a cell phone or loose pocket change in direct contact with the advance key. Either item can interfere with the signal.

Vince.
  • wjbushsrwjbushsr Posts: 135
    If it was in your back pocket in your wallet; you may have been sitting with a button or two pushed and that would cancel the signal...

I've learned not to leave my wallet in the back pocket because of this same thing... I now leave it on the front passenger seat, or on the console under the Navigation.
  • nmknmk Posts: 111
    Hmmmm! Thanks for all the suggestions. :)
    However, no Ipod (I'm a Luddite), no wallet (I have no money) :cry:
    Perhaps it was the loose change, if it happens again I will take care to take note.
  • astegmanastegman Posts: 171
    I accidently sent my husband's key through the laundry yesterday...and it still works!! Go figure!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I had no idea they were hermetically sealed but it's good to know!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Posts: 498
    Now, if they're really indestructable, you need to coat one with peanut butter and give it to your dog. If it survives intact, then I'm REALLY impressed! :P

Vince.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Well, if one is inclined to do that, it's nice to know it can be run through the washing machine when it is, um, retrieved. ;)

Please don't anyone do this to a poor, little doggie!! :cry: :) :P
  • slippertslippert Posts: 13
    I recently heard that if your key fob and cell phone come in close proximinty and a call comes to your cell phone, your key fob will be rendered useless forever. Any truth to that? :(
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Possibly! Check out this article.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • rbmotoxrbmotox Posts: 6
    I picked up my new CX7 today. My dealership is very helpful but NO ONE has any idea of exactly where the smartcard goes. Their suggestion was to leave the smartcard in the car and use the fob. The car remote started, locked, and unlocked with my fob a couple of times so I figured the same smartcard should work with my wifes fob also. Her fob locked the car but wouldn't unlock it. Of course I left my fob and her smartcard at home so we had to get someone to take us home to get the key. Is the smartcard supposed to be left in the car? Is each card specific to each fob even though they are for one car? Thank You! RB.
    I'm amazed no one at the dealer knew this; The Smartcard stays on your person, never in the car unless you have it your wallet or in her purse. :confuse:

The manual states that if you try to drive with the card not being recognized there could be some problems with the system. A couple of us on the board have noticed that if you have it in your wallet, be sure to not sit on it while driving, it tends to have a button or two pushed and won't be recognized, also if you take the wife on a trip, be sure to remind her if she leaves the purse in the car to remove HER remote, or the car won't lock and the chime will tell you to go and get it!

One more tip; if you go outside and it's blistering hot {ala Texas heat} push and hold the unlock button on your remote, this will lower your front windows and moon roof if so equipped! ;)

Good luck! :shades: and ZOOOOOM ZOOOOOM!!!
    Thank you for the quick response. I was surprised too. My CX7 was the first the dealership had sold with the remote start. It was like all of the town idiots (me included) had got together to make it work but no one knew exactly where the keycard went. Thanks again!
    P.S. My wife just called from work and says she LOVES her new CX. She traded her 2003 Corvette for it and couldn't be happier. RB. :)
    :confuse: Man I feel bad for having to keep asking about this. I have the remote system owner's manual. As I understand it all I have to do is press the single button (fob) transmitter twice and the car should start in 5 seconds. I have the smartcard in my coat pocket. So far I've been able to get the car to start once from about 15 feet away but it only ran for a few seconds then shut off. Other times it has started after pressing the single button (fob) transmitter twice but only if I was in the car. Usually after pressing the fob from a distance I hear the fuel pump working and the headlights and dash lights flash for a second or two. Then nothing for a few seconds. Then the fuel pump and lights etc. This will go on indefinitely until I push the rubber button on the door handle to open the car. When I get in the car will start on it's own, sometimes. I'm missing an important step somewhere but I can't find it in the remote start manual or the owners manual. I also enabled and disabled the valet setting to see if that function worked. It did.
    I just tried it again. I pressed the transmitter twice from about 10 feet away. Waited 10 seconds at a distance. Walked up, pushed the rubber button on the door handle to unlock the door. Engine started as soon as I got in the car. Thank you in advance for any help you can give. RB.
    I'm wondering if there is a conflict between the programs for the Tech Package and the remote start... I have the Tech Pack, but not the Remote Start and I've seen others with one or the other, but I'm sure you're not the only one with both features.
    My guess is that there is a glitch in your system, if you have another Mazda house in your area, I'd say give them a call, maybe someone else has come across this problem... What's the point of having remote start if your Techie won't cooperate? :confuse:
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to call the dealer where I bought the CX and get some other dealers phone numbers. The car actually was transferred from a dealership about 75 miles from here. Maybe they know how to make it work. Other than the remote start, the CX is very cool. It seems very well thought out and user friendly. The Tech package couldn't be easier to figure out. Thanks again for your suggestions. ZOOOOOOM! ZOOOOOOM! :)
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    It sounds like the installation wasn't done correctly. Take it back to any dealer and they should be able to get it worked out.
  • tbear1130tbear1130 Posts: 7
    This may sound silly, but after the last door is closed walk away slowly. I have found that sometimes if you walk away too quickly it doesn't work. I used to have the same problem until I figured this out. I have not had it fail since.
  • cxrabbitcxrabbit Posts: 134
    I hope RBMotox will respond... I know this is an old post.

I have the same problem... however, I'm having this problem suddenly after the system was working fine for over a year. I'm wondering what the solution was for you, RBMotox...

Thanks!
  • canayjun64canayjun64 Posts: 34
    Hi everyone,

I have gone through my manual but I can't seem to make any sense of what it says. My only wish is to be able to lock my doors "without" the transmitter or the key. Is there a way I can set this up or is this a factory default setting?

It's so frustrating having to look for the transmitter just to be able to lock the doors.:confuse:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jay
  • Does any have keyless batery problems?? :(
2»