Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 AC problems

18910111214»

Comments

• stantonb1stantonb1 Posts: 50
    I think that it is pathetic that the 2012 Dodge Avenger provided to me by Hertz Rental at Reedman Toll with close to 40,000 miles and average maintenance has terrific AC. My 2011 Mazda CX7 with under 10,000 miles and serviced every 3,000 miles has had from day of delivery poor AC. Come on Mazda has to know and be able to correct. The Acura RDX is looking more and more appealing.

I have been under the weather and have not been able to take as active a role as I would prefer to with the CX7, but now I am really ticked off with Mazda.
    Dealer and MAZDA Response:

Customer states there is A/C compressor noise in the morning. Called hotline, was told it was normal reference # 816964. Hotline is contacting engineers and will contact us and the customer.

Was contacted by field engineer. Normal condition of the vehicle. Compared to another like vehicle.

I have this to say to Mazda. This definitely is not normal. A/C is not cooling properly, is not running correctly and perhaps Mazda needs to consult with engineers who are better equipped to diagnose. I do not think Mazda customers would accept this as being normal.

Definitely considering unloading this brilliant black Mazda CX7 lemon. :mad:
    Just contacted by Mazda customer representative who advised me that phone call was going to be recorded. When I said I give permission and would be recording too she hung up. My A/C is evidently working up to Mazda's field engineers performance standards and I have to accept this. :sick:
  • we own a 2008 mazda cx7 w/ about 75k miles. last summer our ac stopped working no other signs of problems on a trip 5 hrs from home. car wouldn't start next time we stopped. mechanic who was a saint saw us, came to help, had the car towed to his shop. he replaced the direct drive psc cond fan motor. 1 month ago we were 3 hrs from home, the ac stopped working. the car ran fine. a dlrship told us it was the condenser and dryer (ran a diagnostic, $750) taking it to local shop tomorrow. how normal is it to have your ac go out twice in one year?
    not a lot of wear and tear in the year btw, fewer than 10k miles. we bought the car used w/ 60k on it, so no warranty. do we have a possibility for a claim? thanks
  • Aside from your a/c problems, be prepared for your timing chain to disintegrate at approx 80k like my '07 did. The car was religiously maintained by the dealer and was never abused. The engine was essentially destroyed and a replacement was quoted at $6400, if I remember correctly. Dump the car while you still can! I'm now driving a Subaru Forester - no more "zoom-zoom" for me!
  • I have a 2007 CX7 and just turned 21k. A/C has gone out, can anyone send me a copy of this letter please!
  • See post #268 for the link to the letter. Good luck!
  • my 2007 CX-7 has proven the worst purchase ever... Two repairs on the variable timing lifts/gear, two replacements on the rear wheel bearings, and I am on my 2nd seized air-conditioning compressor.

Talked to Mazda dealer who wouldn't repair it because the warranty replacement compressor expired at 60,000 miles...

Now the repair bill is $1,500 - for a product that is still defective...

Does anyone have similar issue but was able to get Mazda to replace the compressor after 60,000 miles... I investigated into the Lemon law in Michigan - no use...

Or, any inexpensive way to fix the conditioning before I sell it?

thanks

JC -
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,985
    edited October 2013
    I investigated into the Lemon law in Michigan - no use...

Did a lemon lawyer tell you that? You may want to see if you can get a free or cheap consultation and see if there's any kind of failure of warranty claim you can pursue.

Contacting Mazda directly could help too since this is your second AC compressor.

These links may help:

How to Effectively Complain about your Car Problem

The Secret Warranty
  • Michigan Lemon says 4 repairs of the same issue.. this is my 2nd issue with the same air conditioning compressor.

I sent emails to two lemon law lawyers and am waiting for answers.

Thanks for the links - will check them out

cheers,
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, but my point is that lemon law may not be your only option. You may still have a warranty claim. Knowing lawyers, it may cost too much to pursue it but sometimes a simple $50 demand letter gets results, or maybe you can get your local consumer protection agency to make a phone call or two.

They fixed it once and it broke again - not cool, if you'll pardon the (expensive) pun.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.
  • Well - I have perused a few options at once

1 - consulting a lawyer specializing in lemon laws
    2 - writing Mazda directly
    3 - finding a cheap way to repair it and then selling the junk...

two set of valve lifting arms / gears
    two sets of rear wheel bearings
    one blown turbo charger
    two sets of seized air conditioning compressors
    and more I don't recall at the moment.

less than 75,000 miles...

One thing I will never do again is believing "reviews" online.. Many "owners" would say how reliable their CX-7 have been, and were getting high mileage of something like 24 MPG on the turbo charged model. I have never found it close to that - the best I got in the 6 years of owning the vehicle was 19 miles...

Anyways, will keep everyone posted with my progress...
    Ah, okay, well maybe those suggestions will help someone else. Sounds like you really got a bad one.
18910111214»