Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2007

Comments

• bmb1767bmb1767 Posts: 63
    You can go to an intermittent operation, but then I have a 2009. Is this something with the 2007?
  • poleypoley Posts: 6
    I have a 2007 and can't really relate to the sensing problem. If I feel the wipers are going too fast or two slow, I will manually adjust them. I bought the car used a year ago and have put about 17K miles on it. Other than a couple of minor recalls, the car has been great! One problem I had was with the passenger seatbelt locking for no reason, but I believe a recall finally took care of that issue. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    You can turn off the automatic feature and just turn on the wipers manually when you need them. Slow or fast. This is the first car I have owned with automatic Windshield washers. I don't need this feature.
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Posts: 160
    Azeras do have intermittent wipers! You need to push down your stalk by a notch. This disengages the automatic wipers. Now, turn the barrel to adjust the speed you want. When you want auto wipers, just push the stalk up a notch & auto wipers are on!

I don't have my manual with me, but the manual shows you how to do it. I also have a 2007, btw.
  • s380s380 Posts: 2
    I took my 07 SE (17" wheels) to a Firestone dealer for tire rotation (OEM Michelins - 23k mi). On the lift, the inside shoulder of each tire showed visible cupping, which was causing loud humming and minor vibration in the steering wheel.

After I told the service advisor that I had been rotating the wheels, he stated that "They (Hyundai) have had problems with the suspensions on these cars causing tire wear, but haven't been able to figure it out." I asked him how to prevent the same thing on a new set of tires; his only suggestion was to rotate at each oil change (I think he meant every 3500 mi).

This car has not shown any of the classic shock symptoms over the almost three years since it was new.

These wheels have been rotated at about 8k mi twice before. Is this a tire defect, wheel misalignment, the result of the infamous shock problems, or a new suspension defect?

Have any of y'all who had premature tire wear figured out the cause? Any recurrence of the problem with a new set of tires?
  • Yes, I had the same problem with my 08, inside tire cupping and noise. Alignment was out of specs but to late to save the factory Michelins. Replaced tires with General Altimax HP's along with alignment, so far very quiet and no cupping for the first 7K.
  • rance2rance2 Posts: 39
    Same problem on my 2007. Began when tires were rotated first time around 25K. Lived with thumping noise until 36K and replaced with Goodyear. 5K later, all is now fine. Notably, the OEM Michelin model of tires have been discontinued.
  • Driving up a hill at about 50 miles per hour , I floored it to pass someone and the engine raced and nothing happened. the car seemd to put itself in Neutral. i checked and it was in drive. I punched it again, same thing. I backed off on the rpms and it performed as normal. No problem since and I have tested it several times. An Anomoly or should I take the car in? due for a service in a month.
  • If it's not repeating, it's likely some odd glitch. If you do take it in they could (for $50 or so) hook you up to the analyzer and look for any error codes...
  • Still under the 100k warranty. :>)At least my steering wheel did not come off!
  • jkolehjkoleh Posts: 38
    Annual Stats for 2010 for my 2007 Ltd.
    Annual Miles 14,316, Avge MPG 24.18, Gas cost 10.5 cents per mile (CPM), License at 1.5 CPM, Maintence/parts at 4.7CPM, and insurance at 2.6 CPM for an overall CPM of about 19.3. These numbers do not include depreciation. Car based in MN so gas mileage like this am, at 20 below, probably at about 3 mpg. Still love the car and enjoy every drive in it. Total mileage now at 49,000.
  • I have about the same Mileage in San francisco area. Get about 21.5 average and do mostly freeways.Annual miles about the same.oxygenated gasoline now until March reduces mpg about 10%, so we have to burn more. makes alot os sense, right? On a trip I can get 27mpg.

Nothing has really gone wrong except a few minor things covered by the warranty. every once in a while when I start the cat the rear sunshade goes up. I am going to mention that to the dealer next week just so it can eb documented in case is happens more often.

The CD Player stopped for a few weeks but has been fine lately.Might have gotten screwed up when I changed the battery.

My only regret is I wish I had gotten Blue instead of white. The white ain't bad, though.
  • stan28stan28 Posts: 14
    Noticed oil seepage from the valve cover going down to the alternator. Took it in for the 45k mileage service and told them. They found a service bulletin that the bolts were not torqued enough and fixed it under warranty.
    Had them replace the cracked dashboard as well. Other than replacing the rear sunscreen twice I have
    had no problems with the car and still love it. Saw the new Elantra in Black, sharp looking car.
  • hc106hc106 Posts: 10
    2007 Azera Limited with 43000 miles on it bought new. I have not had any of the above mentioned tire problems, although I switched to Goodyear Assurance after 25000, and they are far superior to the OEM Michellins. Also have not had the squeaking dash problem. The only problem so far is that the windshield washers quit working a couple of weeks ago. I'll get them checked out when I take in for the 45000 service. Incidentally, I bought this car from Baytown Hyundai in Baytown, Texas, and have taken it back there for regular servicing. I am very happy with the service department at this dealership, they are always friendly and very courteous and helpful.
  • ratledgeratledge Charleston county, South CarolinaPosts: 233
    I'm assuming when you say "replacing the rear sunscreen twice" you're just talking about the little plastic widget that gets torn up by the metal part that it meshes with - right?

Same thing in my '08 Ultimate model: I've had it go out twice on my car and both times they just replaced that little 10-cent part.
  • sonazsonaz Posts: 6
    When I finally dumped the oem Michelins, there was much less tire noise, but I still get vibration (slight even in steering wheel) with new tires which I had balanced twice.

So I suspect that I , too, have the 'suspension problem' that is not figured out. It is now 2011 and the 2007 (manufactured 4/2007) problem is still not figured out.

I wonder if it is substandard strut cartridges.

I did get one strut housing replaced under warranty - it was causing some 'chatter' at slow(5 mph) speed with side-to-side rocking on uneven (but not bumpy) pavment, such as in a parking lot.

Seems the other side has a slight chatter under same conditions.

Did you ever get the vibration fixed?
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    Now about 113K on my 07 Ltd. Had to replace both headlights in last two months. Have replaced fogs previously, but I leave them on all the time when headlights are on.

Also, blew a radiator hose last week. But given the mileage, still very few problems. Also had an activator go out on driver's side door (power lock issue).

Still gettng about 24mpg, and very happy with my Azzy.
  • rmcbainrmcbain Posts: 50
    We have a 07 Azera and the OEM Michelins are just horrible. The road noise is excessive and the tires were out of safe useage by 20 K. We do not drive the car hard and were very surprised how quick they wore out. What are you using for replacement tires. We would like something that is a lot more quiet running than the originals.
    Regarding our driving light our front right one burnt out in the first 2K and had it replaced. No problems with the headlights though.
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    A lot are going to General Altimax; I have Yoko Envigor high performance summer tires on my '06....Got about 35K on the Michelins; had a four wheel alignment and all 4 wheels were out.....I'm very particular with the car and do not hit pot holes or curbs....Michelins were "chopped" due to the alignment problem...excessive wear on only one of the tread bands.....Many have had good results with the Altimax tires. Yoko's have been very good.....No strut problems on this car...Tire Rack has some good deals....
  • rmcbainrmcbain Posts: 50
    Thank you. We had to have all four shocks replaced at 7 K as driving the car over any rise or change in elevation and it was like driving a 60's boat. It helped but the struts still make noise at low speed. We are taking it back in for another inspection as the noise drives you crazy in parking lots or entering any driveway.
    Will check tire Rack for the tires as these Michelins are done.
  • sonazsonaz Posts: 6
    You mention low speed noise - the symptom I was noticing occurred in parking lots where the car could pitch from side to side on the uneven surface. There was no issue going over bumps at speed.

I had the left strut housing replaced under warantee about a year ago. Now the right one is chattering/squeaking or whatever the noise is. About to be replaced under warantee as well.
    Still have some vibration issues at 45mph and up.
  • phmusicphmusic Posts: 5
    Hi just wondering how much it cost to fix the door lock. My '07 driver side door lock began to have trouble today. You can lock it with the key but it won't lock or open if using the remote.
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    try a new battery for the remote first
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    Do the other functions of the remote work? Do the other doors lock and unlock? How about the panic alarm? If those things work, it's probably not the remote battery: could be the driver door lock actuator or its wiring.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    The dealer replaced the latch assembly (under warranty for me) owing to the same symptoms; driver's door not responding to remote, all other doors working, manual key worked. My driver's door would unlock with the remote, but usually wouldn't lock...
  • 29tomt29tomt Posts: 12
    Is there an issue with the plugs seizing if left in that long?
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    i don't have a clue.
  • Was in the garage last night and periodically the lights would flash and car would beep. This morning car was locked.
  • You are likely accidently depressing the key fob remote buttons in your pocket. I removed the key fob and hang it from my belt with a small carabiner clip. While I still carried the fob in my pocket I accidently activated the car panic alarm while I knelt by the front bumper... :surprise:
  • ratledgeratledge Charleston county, South CarolinaPosts: 233
    Lights flashing and beep always indicates the lock engaged. There is a mostly undocumented feature that automatically locks the car 30 seconds after you unlock it with the keyfob - if no doors or the trunk is opened. As 'gamleged' said - it's WAY too easy to push the buttons with the fob in your pocket. That makes it a good thing that accidentally unlocking it results in it relocking itself in 30 seconds. :shades: This particular locking mechanism works a lot further away than most cars do: I've been known to accidentally set off the alarm "Panic mode" when I was on the 3rd floor of my house, even though the car is parked on "level 0" below the main floor (it's a beach-house)...