Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2007

Comments

• oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 212
    I have had a problem with the drivers seat belt being so tight it hurts my neck and shoulder.It releases ok and does not stick but the tension is just too tight. Pasenger side ok. This just started about a year after I got the car. Can the belt get tighter? I have never heard of this.

Anyway Dealer won't replace so I have filed a dispute with Hyundai. They are looking into this. I would be curious to know if anyone has ever head of this happening. I drive rental cars or friends cars and no problem so it is not Me.

There are devices I can use to stop the belt from completly retrackting but I would rather get this fixed. I hope I do not have to file one of those seperate disputes with that other agency.Too bad these things are not adjustable.
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Oskidunker1...it really could be an issue with the tensioner. My seat belt retracts, but it doesn't tighten until I apply the brakes. I would seriously keep pressing the dealer on this issue and force the issue that you believe the seat belt tensioner is defective. Not sure why they wouldn't just go ahead and replace it as it would be covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty. If they won't do it, try going to another dealer and tell them how hard of a time the 1st dealership has given you. Maybe they'll go out of their way to win your business over.
    They said they would call me Tuesday. Very Dissapointing. Looks Like I will have to call them again Monday.The dealer did say they call him to check some things .The guy I talked to said it had to be approved by his supervisor. Maybe the guy took the whole week off for the 4th and nobody else can make a decision.
  • rance2rance2 Posts: 39
    Please advise any fix to being able to hookup Ipod to a 2007 Azera Limited ... including adaptors or replacing the audio system in dash ... or ?? I have the XM system if that means anything. Appreciate whatever guidance you may offer. Thanks.
    Finally they replaced the seat belt and what a difference! I can actuall wear the thing without pain in my shoulder. The tension is about half what it was with the old belt.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    That was a weird one, first time I've read of such a problem with the Azera...
  • I also have an 07 Azera and know that if you arm your alarm and it is accidentally disarmed by remote but none of the doors are opened, then the car will rearm itself shortly (I do not know how long it takes, but it is not long).

I hope that made sense but if you remember to arm the alarm when you get out the first time then no matter how many times you "accidentally" disarm the car it will rearm itself as long as no one opens the doors or truck.

Hope that helps. :shades:
  • ratledgeratledge Posts: 231
    This is a safety feature due to the possibility of you accidentally hitting the button while putting the keys on your pocket or similar. If nobody opens any of the doors (or the trunk), the system will re-arm itself in 30 seconds.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    The trunk, on the other hand, will not relock itself if you accidently press the trunk button on the remote. At least it doesn't automatically open wide and invitingly if it does unlock... ;)

Here's what I did with my remote, to cut down on the accidental presses; I separated the key from the fob, then hang the fob on my belt:

• ratledgeratledge Posts: 231
    True, it does not, though - as you noted, the trunk doesn't pop open like most, it simply disengages the latch and stays basically closed. I like it that way, frankly.

An "Easter Egg" most people don't know about: if your Azera (any model year as far as I know) is already unlocked, there is a soft pressure point inside the license plate frame slightly right of center on the top inside lip: just press and the trunk releases with no key or need to open the door. It's a little hard to find if you've never tried it, reach inside the top lip, slightly to the right of center and hunt around for a soft pliable spot - and press. ;)
  • At a stand still I put a level on the hood and the bubble is right in the middle. 30K on the car. Is this possible and what could be causing this> Shocks were done once. maybe a Bad spring?
  • rmcbainrmcbain Posts: 50
    Hi: we have urchased a new 2007 Azera Limited and the front suspension appears to be very soft after just 12000 miles. It was never really firm but now floats over any dips on the road and feels very unstable. Any help would be appreciated. We have taken it to the dealership and they said there and no TSB or recalls on this. I thought I saw something about front struts or shocks on this in one of the posts.
    Regards
    Mac :(
  • Thats the way the car is. I have replaced the shocks and after a few thousand miles it is the same. I have learned to live with it.In my opinion, it is not worth replacing the shocks. The whole design is bad. But the rest of the car is great!
    Never noticed that my 2007 Azera does not have Low or D2. Came off a 5,000 foot peak on a winding road with a steep drop and rode the brakes all the way down. Not a good feeling of control as the driver. Anyone with similar experiences and ideally a "fix"? :surprise:
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    You do have the option of switching over to manual mode and taking it down to 2 or even 1 if you're going really slow...it does the same thing.
  • This car has Shiftronic transmission, so it is better than having the D2 or Low!

Why didn't you make use of the Shiftronic to control your descent?? All you would have had to do was to push the Shifter to the Right & moved it towards + or - to shift Up or Down. It gives you greater control over your speed.
    Thanks to allmet and wobbly ears (and anyone else out there that stays aware of all of the features of our Azeras). :sick:
  • There is a TSB for shock (strut) replacement on 2006 and 2007 Azeras. Scroll the Azera site here for suspension or front end problems. Go back to earliest topics. Not much new entered so it dropped down on the list.
    However, I have had two new sets of shocks with no improvement - and I only have 16,500 on my 07. New shocks will work better for awhile, but then ride will deteriorate again. Both new sets were installed by Hyundai at no charge.
    Three options: accept it as it is, sell it or try Lemon Law.
    I have learned to live with mine until I can sell it.
    Good luck and some people accept the ride in view of the other, good things about the car.
    BTW, Azera, Genesis and even Equus are known to have inferior rides compared to other cars in their classes. Not my opinion, reviews by professionals and way too many owners.
  • "... Not my opinion, reviews by professionals and way too many owners."

Ah, there you are our dear old friend! I was wondering where you were. I am trying to be my civil best when I ask you this.

Citation Please.
  • On second thought, I don't want to engage in another fruitless argument with Carolinabob.

I'm out.