Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2007

Comments

• jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    don't buy yhe factory cabin filter...go to Wally World and get a disposable home a/c filter and cut it to fit....save $20
  • Car has 67k. It did this before when the car was under 50k. took it in , got it documented and they could find nothing. Last 3 days when I punch on the freeway to pass someone, the car goes in to neutral. Manually down shifting does not work. I had to pull to the side of the freeway today for a few minutes before it would engage.Felt like I was in a very dangerous situation.

Have appointment at the dealer tommorrow. Hope they can find the problem this time. Generally occurs first 10 minutes of driving. Have done all the transmission services required by Hyundai and have receipts
  • wow dangerous...torque converter failure???
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 212
    edited October 2012
    well car went in today for the 4th time. Hyundai sent an "engineer" to look at the car. Once again being totally reliant on the computer and finding no codes he was unwilling to accept the fact that their is some kind of mechanical failure in this transmission. So I have reopened the Better Business Bureau case and will let an arbitrator decide how dangerous this is and what Hyundai will be forced to do to make the car safe again.

The 100k waranty seems usless. They could have made me go away by doing SOMETHING, like replacing the throttle positioning sensor but I guess they would rather be hard asses and go through the arbitration process.. Very dissapointing, especially when 3 of my realatives and many customers and friends have bought Hyundai's based on my reccomendation. Next time I will pay the difference and buy an Audi and feel safe in the car.
    The price difference is not all that much anymore so the Azera is not the value it once was. :mad:
  • rmcbainrmcbain Posts: 50
    That is unfortunate as I purchased a 2007 Santa Fe in Nov. 07 and had nothing major to do with repairs. The dealership I support changed the carpet as it has an area where the pile had just come out.
    The only warranty work other than the carpet was a driver side headlight that had moisture in it and a wind shied that has a pressure crack at 7000 miles. This has been one of my most trouble free cars.
    PS: On a note regarding the transmission I did have the fluid flushed at 30000 miles and the transmission works better now than when it was new.
    Good luck with your problem. Some dealerships are just not good to deal with as our local dealer is a pain but we service the car in a smaller community and the service is top notch. :)
    We bought the Santa Fe and Azera from a dealership called Withnell Hyundai and they have been like best friends. We recently had a mishap in Lincoln City where some [non-permissible content removed] clown vandalized the car and broke the rear window. We had to drive to Salem to get a replacement and the dealership were most accommodating and had it replaced the same day we took the car in.
    We have had no issues with the transmission in either car.
    :)
  • This transmission issue is an easy fix as the dealer mechanic told me. Install a flight recorder in the car and LEAVE it there so it can record the next hicup. Not understanding why they would rather go to arbitration rather than do this unless they real don't want to know what is wrong.
  • The car has 70k and is 5 years old. Most articles I have read says change them around 60k. Anyone done this on the 2007?
  • The arbitration did not help. They denied my request to leave the flight recorder in the car.The BBB claimed they do not have the authority to tell Hyundai how to evaluate my car.I would not reccommend going to Arbitration if something is wrong. Also, when you buy a new car , you can opt out of having to use Hyundai's arbitration. I would certainly do that to protect your rights. At least I have documented the problem so if something happens to me my wife will have a good chance of winning in court.
  • Just had a windshield replaced. Not sure they are still working.
    Hi: The automatic headlight switch is on the left arm of the steering column. The windshield has nothing to do with the auto headlight switch. If you meant the auto windshield washer it is on the right side of the column.
    Hope this helps.
  • Sensor, NOT SWITCH.
    sensor is on dash on the passenger side of the car...check manual
  • Well I have had it with Hyundai. I have been taking my 07 Azera in for servicing and suspension noises. I have the struts changed twice as well as the upper control arm was cracked and they replaced it. I was as La Quinta Hyundai in southern California and they replaced the rubber bushings in the control arm to eliminate the squeaking but no the clunking when you drive over any crack in the pavement. They said the car was out of warranty by three months and they would not honour replacement of the struts or the previous repair of the bushings for the control arm. I was a great promoter for Hyundai and now that will no longer be the case. Hyundai knows it has a suspension problem with all the comments in edmunds site and they refuse to resolve it.
    The whole situation at La Quinta Hyundai was a nightmare and would not recommend anyone trying to purchase a new car to stay away from here. This is not how customers should be treated. :lemon: :mad: :sick:
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Okay...I'm proud to say that I've owned my '06 Azera for the last 7 years and put just over 146k miles on it. I've read all the posts about people complaining about the clunk noise, which I didn't experience until about 80-90k miles. All the years of going to the dealer and having them look at it, not one time did a mechanic ever mention anything about the sway bar bushings. My mechanic told me that sway bar bushings can wear out anywhere between 20-80k miles. So...I am going to order them and have him install them and I'll come back and let you guys know if it resolved the infamous clunk noise or not. I tried to find some silicone aftermarket bushings to no avail, so I will just try to order the best ones I can find.
    Thanks for the update. Well first let me advise that I took the car into La Quinta Hyundai and they just screwed me for 180.00 and no improvement. I then went to Palm Springs Hyundai and after replacing the entire strut snubbers, top strut mount and all bushings the car now is like new or better. It will never be a sports sedan but it was never built to be one. So one thing is for sure that the Palm Springs service department correctly diagnosed the problem and corrected it. $600.00 is a lot cheaper than having to buy a new car to get rid of the noise.
    Glad to hear you were taken care of, there's a lot of Azera owners who are not and they don't know either. What's even worse is the service depts. aren't explaining all the possibilities either from laziness or just lack of knowledge of their own product.

Another thing to mention, my mechanic also told me that if you replace the struts, go with the KYB's as they are better tuned for the foriegn cars vs. the Monroe strust which are tuned for the domestic makes. Lastly, he also mentioned that a car of my mileage, I should also consider replacing the strut spring as that could weaken and put more stress on the strut as well. I found the springs online for like $86.

Maybe you can keep us posted on how long you're able to go noise free now that you've gotten all the components replaced.
    Allmet

R U getting the bushings from Hyundai or from a parts store???? How much are they ??? R there only 2 or 4 bushings?? How much labor time is involved??

Thanks
    Jamazera...I am ordering my bushings from www.rockauto.com (where I get almost all my parts now). The set I'm ordering is just under $7 and I believe it's only 2 bushings. The labor (from what my mechanic told me) is 2 hours, so I'll be paying $198 to get $7 worth of parts installed. SMDH What can you do? LOL

Have a happy Easter if you celebrate, if not...have a great weekend!!!
    thanks...us know..that is an easy fix...happy Easter.......sold my boat and am looking at a '13 Genesis R spec v-6 (not as a replacement for my Azzy)