Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture Starting/Stalling/Idle Issues

Comments

• 442dude442dude Posts: 373
    Sounds like the crankshaft position sensor is failing...lots of them have failed, you wouldn't be the 1st or last....
  • daculdacul Posts: 4
    Thanks I read on Internet about crank senzor. It seem this is the problem. All the symptoms are presents.

Thanks a lot.
    Ok, after I checked the CPS it seem it is not the problem. So....
    My Chevy starts very well when is cold but it did not start when is hot. I mean I have no power for the starter so the engine did not turn so it is not the CPS the problem. I change the starter and ignition relay and I have no idea what could be the problem. All the display indicators seem to be O.K. No alarm.

Why I don't have power to the starter when the engine is hot? Its start right away when the engine is cold.

Thank you for yours answers.
  • chaseschases Posts: 41
    Just a thought. Check the under hood fuse box. There should be a relay for the ING or starter. These, I think, are the smaller relays and they go bad or weak. They are fairly cheep and just replace it anyway.

My fuel relay was this way. Hopefully this is it.
    There are 3 reley, the same type, one for starter. I allready did this.

It could be just a wire but onestly I don't thing its a wire problem.
    Did you check BOTH of them (CPS)????...there are 2 on the Venture...7X and 24X.
  • huntrhuntr Posts: 2
    '01 Venture LWB
    3.4L
    2 year old battery
    Sometimes when we try to start it, dash goes crazy, nothing happens under the hood. Return key to "off" position and try again and it starts just fine.
    Any ideas why?
  • kerrick1kerrick1 Posts: 4
    I am having the same problem with our 2003 chevy venture. Garage has had it for 1 week with no answers. Did you ever figure yours out? Any help would be great
  • gapcargapcar Posts: 2
    Hi: I took the van to our local Chevy dealer who said the problem was caused by a corroded electrical connection for the fuel pump motor. The dealer replaced the corroded connection and we haven't had any problems in the two or three months since. I won't feel better until next winter when the cold weather returns and the problem doesn't! Hope this helps, good luck.
    Here's what the problem was in one case:

Loose wire to starter connection as well as corrosion in between the battery cable bolts and the connection cover over the bolts. Even though I had cleaned the wall of the battery and the bolt threads, there was poor continuity from bolt to cable...

Good Luck :shades:
  • Hi I'm new here I have a 99 venture van, We were going down the road and it died. I had it towed home. I frist checked moge and was good replaced the coils. Got plenty of fire. But no fuel if you squirt fuel in the intake it will run until fuel runs out. I've replaced the Fuel Pump and relay and still the pump won't kick on also replaced the fuel filter. With no luck I'm stumped any Ideals anyone. Thx alot David :sick:
    Hi,

I don't know what a "moge" is, but I'm glad you checked it. :)

Here's something to look at:

If you follow the wires back from the fuel pump, they go to a Pass-thru connector under the drivers seat - this connector has been known to get corroded and fail and make techs think the fuel pump/relay was bad - pull it open and make sure that everything is Ok in there...
  • The Electronic Module under the coils. Is this pass thru under the fan or under the drivers seat in the cab, And what would i be looking for as far as checking it to be ok. Also will it come up on a code if bad. Thx alot for your help, Its much appericated.
    Got it, never heard it called a "moge" before.

Follow the wires back from the fuel pump and they'll run along the drivers side. You'll see a connector underneath the car, approximately under the drivers seat, maybe just a little back, access it while you're laying underneath the van...its there...pull the plug out and check the contacts, look for corrosion or damage or water infiltration. Its there where the wires "pass through" into the cabin and head forward. Check this connector and check it on the inside of the cabin too. I don't believe there's a code for when the fuel pump isn't getting the 12V it needs to run.

Good Luck,

John :shades:
  • Thx for the info, I ran the wires from the engine dept, I have no fire back to the box. I unplugged the connector from the box an the lead to the eng dept is dead. I chased the wires up to the eng there are some bad spots on the conduit but no break's in the wire's it self. That I could see. I did get a code for a cam sensor. I know it will stop fuel to the injector, But will it stop fire to the pump itself. The book dosent really say. Thx for all your help. David :confuse:
    Here's a thought - if the injectors aren't firing then you have no pressure loss in the fuel rail - I believe this will shut off the fuel pump. Just like when you 1st turn the key and the fuel pump runs for a couple of seconds and then shuts off. Use the book and follow the instructions for checking the camshaft position sensor - if you need, I'll post how to check it....let me know how I can help....
  • I have a 2003 Chevy Venture, 93,000 miles on it. I bought it used and it is in good condition about a year ago, with 80K miles on it. Every once in a while, when I turn the key, which the car always starts very well, and when I let go of the key, the starter or the ignition keeps on turning. I brought it to my mechanic, and he did witness this himself also, and said that the computer may need recalibrating. He said that in these cars there is a chip in the key and this may be the cause of the problem.

The above description happens very randomly, can never tell when it is going to happen. I could be running the car, stop for something, and restart the car, and it happens, I don't really think it happens in the mornings when I first start it however.

Does anyone ever have the same problem? I can't find anything online anywhere about this.
  • Our 2000 Venture died Monday . I tried to start it and it would not start i could not even up the door with the electric key opener

So, we replaced the battery and it started right up. Left it sit the other night and now it wont start again.

Been dead for two days, This morning brother in laws came to give us a boost now it starts. what could the problem be. I see a lot of people posting questions about this and no one replying with an answer

Any ideas where to go from here?? Thanks so much.
  • My 2000 Venture stalls sometimes when I brake for to slow down for a turn or to make a stop. As well, it sometimes stalls when I am in park. It only seems to happen when it is a little damp. It will keep doing this until I stop and turn it off for awhile. I have had it to my mechanic and they have checked for codes but not found anything. I have also taken the mechanic out for a drive when it has happened and of course, it didn't happen (however, I did turn it off to go in and get him). He is suspecting that there is a vacuum leak in the brake booster, but until he can see it happening he is hesitant to do anything because it is a costly repair. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • bintybinty Posts: 1
    This problem is exactly what is happening with my 03 Venture. No codes come up, taken it to the garage and they said they didn't know what it was but gave me a tune up. Didn't do it during winter, seems only when it's warm out. Did you get any answers or figure out what the problem was? This is really getting on my nerves, I can't shut my van off because i may not be able to start it again. Have had it towed 4 times now. If it's left to cool off for a couple of hours it starts back up. Clueless.
    Any input would help. Thanks