Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Start Stall and Idle Problems

167891012»

Comments

• I have been having the stalling issue for about 3 months. It happens at various speeds, driving conditions, and situations. The first time it happened, I took it immediately to my mechanic and he hooked it up to the computer to which no codes registered. He contacted Chrysler for help to which they gave him none. I have researched this problem online and have discovered that there a LOT of people with this issue. I contact Chrysler and received a "case manager". Well, she did absolutely nothing except tell me that Chrysler could not help me because my vehicle is no longer under warranty and my VIN # was not included in the recall for this issue. I have since filed a complaint with the National Highway Traffic and Safety, and the Better Business Bureau. I suggest every owner of a Jeep Commander with this issue file a complaint with NHTS. They are the ones who get the recalls issued. So far, there are over 800 recent complaints registered with NHTS. Apparently, that isn't enough for them to do anything yet, but if they get a flood of complaints, seems like they would. Chrysler won't help you unless you are under warranty........safety issue or not!
  • fanmanfanman Posts: 6
    TSB 18-049-07 solved this problem for me 4 years ago and its never happened again
    see all my prior postings if you want to know how much fun I had
  • can you explain me how and where?? my 2007 hemi commander started with the problem this week.
    thank you..
  • Brought 07 commander Friday. It stalled Sunday night, brought it back to dealer, they said it was a sensor, fixed, returned jeep to me on Tuesday. Wednesday it stalled again, this time I told them something is triggering the sensor , they found an exposed wire in the harness which was connected from the computer module to the transmission and every time the wire touched the frame it would short out and send the truck into limp mode which is the 30mph speed limit it would travel. So far so good, but its only been a day (lol). Just wanting those with the same issue to have a place to start their mechanics to look. It's an electrical issue. (So they say).
  • magmaceomagmaceo Posts: 1
    I am having the same issues as most and when I told the dealership that there were many posts about the Commander stalling, he said you will find that with any car. I never had any issues with my Volkswagens or Hondas and this might be the last American made car I purchase. Except for the floor boards filling up with water if we get a bad rain, it has been a wonderful SUV until I took it to the dealership for the 60K transmission service to keep the power train warranty in place. It rode fine around town, but when we were on our way down to FL, it became sluggish when pressing the accelerator and hesitating when trying to go up hills. On the trip home, it turned off on us going 76 MPH on I-95; we were able to coast to the side of the rode and restart it, but having a semi on your tail and your car stalls, it is a frightening experience. We continued the trip home driving slower than I ever had, with it jerking and praying it wouldn't happen again. Took it to the dealership, they read the codes and reset something. The SUV worked great until we took a four hour trip to GA. The same thing happened again with the jerking, giving it gas and not wanting to go and we now knew how to handle it when it stalled. Took it back to the dealership, was told it was a sensor and had a list of other things that needed to be replaced totaling over a thousand. I have been diligent on getting the recommended maintenance and have never had a car stall on me on the highway, now I am afraid to drive it anywhere except to work and pray that the new sensors solve the issue. I posted a complaint on the NHTSA website and also notified Jeep via their survey of this, but too many people are having this issue for it to be something we, as owners are causing.
  • itabotitabot Posts: 105
    The only thing I can now say about this SUV is that everything replaced After original manufacturing has worked well. It is the original parts that are major & costly problem.

Also, though now a few years ago, I had no trouble with this jeep until I brought in for 1st oil change; after that it was starter, sensors, transmission & steering lines, etc.

Your stalling - if they are still original - may be leaking transmission & steering lines.

Also, go to an independent service station that is expert in jeeps for longer than decade; going to keep itself for servicing is a waste / they stick to 'party line'. It wasn't until I went to independent service station that the jeep finally got fixed & became reliable.
  • I was driving my jeep and when I came to a stop the censor started blinking. When the car is on park the censor is on and the jeep begins to shake.

Can some one help me with this issue, does anyone have any idea what is causing this or has anyone experienced the same problem.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited. Check engine light is on.. The truck does not start up great. Slight hesitation then when accelerating it hesitates some more...

As it stays at about 60 You can feel it continuing to hesitate as you are driving. Only thing i really came up with was possible spark plugs?

Seems to shift fine. Just starting and hesitation when driving.

167891012»