Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe: Audio & Entertainment Questions

Comments

• pmckaypmckay Posts: 6
    Wondering about 07 Vibe w/ 6 disk.
    Does it read MP3 disks? (I think yes..)
    Is there an aux input jack for MP3 or I-Pod?
    If not - Has anyone got experience with hard wire adaptors for inputs?
    Thanks
  • A friend has the sam problem, does anyone know how to get a plug in for ipods and mp3 players?

Thanks
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Posts: 402
    Search for I Pod intergration kits, there is a wiring harness and such to hard wire. It's apx $200-$300 I believe.

You can use a wireless Fm Modulator with an I Pod, it's called I trip but it's subject to clarity issues since it runs through the radio.
  • macvibemacvibe Posts: 1
    The Summer 2007 issue of MacLife (Hardware Handbook) has an article showing how to install an iPod interface in a car. The only problem is the car radio needs to have RCA auxiliary inputs in the back. Does a 2003 Vibe have those?
  • So i went out to pep-boys and got some "ok" underglows for my 2005 vibe and began to think about hardwiring them to the fuse box in one of the spare spaces. Which plugging it into a spare fuse area shouldn't be too difficult of a problem but my main concern is try to go the wire from the inside of the car to under the hood to the fuse box. anybody have any ideas?
  • koz39koz39 Posts: 2
    :sick: the cd player stopped working in my 04 vibe. It won't eject or load. Is this a typical problem with the vibe's radio? An easy fix? Any advice would be helpful. :confuse:
  • bcc2bcc2 Posts: 1
    :sick: Hey - same exact problem with my cd player, but my vibe is an 05. Won't eject or load. Looking for advice... :confuse:
  • xspagxxspagx Posts: 1
    if cds are stuck in your stereo or it won't load or eject either let the battery die or disconnect it... same thing happened to mine, a week later the battery died and when I put a new one in, the cd player worked....
  • mjb56mjb56 Posts: 170
    We've had the same problems with our 05. I'm wondering if there's any aftermarket option that has bluetooth and MP3 capabilities. I've seen some interesting ones at Best Buy but they don't have the full size option and I think some adapter kit would look awful. Any one have any experience with a decent replacement?
  • adhreginaadhregina Posts: 2
    2004 Vibe deck led lights not working. Daughter uses the car & plugs in laptop, ipod & cell charger. Now bass is not working. Fuses seem okay. Amp under seat maybe the culprit. Anyone else had same problem?

Would an after market amp be best? Or do I need a whole new system?
  • Same problem here on a 2003 Vibe with 6 disk changer. Several weeks ago the radio was fine, BUT CDs would not eject. When wife had it in for other service, mentioned to the dealer about the CDs not ejecting. When she got the car back they told her the pulled the fuse and reseated it. At that point the CD eject was working....albeit sluggishly. A new problem then occurred with no bass response.

I have since replaced the battery. It did need a new one and was hoping it would cure the lack of bass issue because I recall a Grand Am we owned that would experience radio flakiness when the battery was in need of replacement. No such luck. So I'd like a solution as much as you would.
  • Just wondering if anyone has this problem. The CD player works, but the radio stopped completely. I am guessing I have to replace the whole thing. Unless it's some easy thing that can be fixed.
  • tkelltkell Posts: 3
    The sound from my 2003 Pontiac Vibe stereo has really deteriorated. Very little bass response and not much volume. I have replaced the amp under the seat and the stereo with used units. Installed a secondary ground wire to the stereo, tried different speakers but they don’t sound any better. Cleaned every plug connector I can find. Anyone have other ideas?
  • Last night the Bass just went out on my Vibe.
    I thought I may have blown a speaker. I replaced the speaker, but did not fix the problem. Any suggestions?
  • tkelltkell Posts: 3
    Did you ever get your stereo to work again? I have the same problem with no bass and almost no volume on the back speakers and I have tried changing out the head unit, amp and speakers and it still does not work.
  • I took out the amp, chnged the speakers, replaced the fuse. I was going to change out the amp today, but after reading your post, I think I'll save the money. I have no clue what to do next, other than tear out the whole system and have someone put another one in for me. I'm definately not smart enough to mess with it, or have the time. Unfortunately, with Christmas, dont have the funds right now either. Gonna be a TREBLE couple of weeks.
    Please let me know if you find a solution. Its frustrating the hell out of me zzzz91@ymail.com
  • Is there a way to add AUX input
    I.E. for MP3 player/smartphone and/or XM Radio
    this will really be handy when we go down to Mazatlan
  • I am also experiencing problems with my radio. In the mornings, the CD and radio do not work - the cut in and out until the engine has warmed up. The radio works well later in the day when I go home. Is this a potential battery issue, or is it a problem with the actual radio? (I have a 6 CD changer).
  • I replaced the HU and the front speakers. works fine now. I was told on here, that it was either the Amp, or the HU. So I took the cheapest route first, hoping it was the HU. Thank goodness it was. And since I'm not mechanically inclined AT ALL, I paid Best Buy to install.
  • My problem was resolved about 2 hours later and has not happened again since. I think it's something electronic or the battery and not he actual radio, but I am not sure.

My parents always told me to turn off EVERYthing when I turn off the car, or else when I start up again the next day, (supposedly) the battery will be strained. I am not sure if this is true, but it so happened that the day the radio went out, I had everything turn on when I started up - radio, a/c, fan, etc.

Now I make sure to turn everything off.
  • I have a 2009 Vibe. Does anyone know how to set up the favorites on the radio? And then, how do you access them?
  • marvibmarvib Posts: 1
    WOW! Thanks for the great advice. I have a 2003 vibe. cd wouldn't load or eject.
    radio worked find. I disconnected the positive lead on the battery and reconnected.

problem fixed ">
  • My radio seems to only work when I have the key turned to the ACC mode. When I start the car, the radio goes off. But, if I press the clock button the times displays, and, when I press the CD button, the displays says "no cd loaded"......I have checked the fuse, pulled the radio out to check the connections in the back, and they are all fine......my head unit comes with XM Sat radio as well......
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,081
    barriemaverick,

Were you planning on taking the vehicle in to have the radio looked at? Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Hi Caron,

I would but the Vehicle has 80,000 kms on her and the Shop Rate at a Dealership up here in Canada is more than I can afford to have it looked at. I will apprise when i have a solution.

Regards,

Chris
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,081
    barriemaverick,

I understand. Please keep me posted on any information.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Can a 09 pontiac vibe stereo be compatible with an 05 pontiac vibe?
    if not can any other year be compatible?
  • maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    Hi Caron. I am sad to say that the only problem I ever had on my 2003 Vibe was the radio, with the back lighting going blank. Today, with my 2009 Vibe, the volume control button has malfunctioned. I went to the dealer and they said they most likely will have to put in a new radio (out of warranty). I know this knob issue is common in the 09-10 Vibe. I believe this is the same radio found in the Matrix as well. It is sad that the radio continues to be an achilles heal on both models. Other Vibe websites have posted instructions for removing the radio and replacing the knob. I'll report back on what the Service Manger wants to do on Tuesday.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning maxx4me,
    I'm sorry that you're having difficulties with your Vibe's radio; we're looking forward to hearing more from you tomorrow! If we can be of any assistance, let us know.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service