Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Navigation System Questions

Comments

• to answer you question - yes the B9 NAV system is just as out of date and user unfriendly. I have used many and own the Garmin Nuvi 360 for when I travel for work. I love the Garmin that is how interfaces should be made.

the Kenwood NAV in my B9 is usable but no where near the best.
  • tupintupin Posts: 71
    I am 1 month away from a big trip in our Tribeca....so this nav upgrade would be much appreciated if it arrived in time! Any more info?
  • they mentioned at my dealer in CT
    it was to be in by Dec.
    now it is Feb.
    anyone here anytH :confuse: ing
    Is this the nav update?!?! There is speculation at another forum:

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/product.asp?sku=3298885

It says version 2.0 I think the original is version 1.0....so is this the long awaited update??
  • i do believe this is [finally] it. yippee
  • Tupin - NICE FIND! thanks for the heads up. :shades:
  • lmn908lmn908 Posts: 34
    There is now a link on the left side of my.subaru.com for the update DVD if your vehicle on the site is NAV equiped. (At least it's there on my menu!)

Larry
  • We bought our Tribeca in late December and called them to complain about how old the navigation system was. We were told that the new version would be available in January, but they didn't commit to providing it for free. Yesterday morning they called and said that it is available now and they would send it for free, as a one-time goodwill gesture. We should receive it in about a week. :)
  • kmartinkmartin Posts: 427
    The my.subaru.com link goes to http://store.kenwoodusa.com/subaru/ which is Kenwood's online store, but is not an accurate link.

However, if you type delete the "/subaru/" suffix, you will get their main page. Just type "Subaru" in the search box and you'll get the Nav DVD page. Cool! There really IS a Santa Claus!!!!

OK, I'm game and I'll order it. Stay tuned for more fun :-)

-Karen- in AZ-
    OK, I ordered it. I really hope it arrives before we leave on our big trip. We are in Canada and are driving to Florida (yes we are snowbirds). I had it sent 2'nd day delivery but it has to pass customs.

I may sell the west coast disc as we will never be using that particular area. Anyone interested?
  • yoyodkyoyodk Posts: 28
    I'd be interested. I had thought the same thing about paying for the upgrade and only needing half of it, as I'll probably never drive beyond the western US. E-mail me with the details.
  • Hello I'm a NEW owner of Subaru Tribeca

I lesead mine yesterday.... 400$ plus Tax ( 430$ ) 36 months 10,000 miles. $3000.

I have a lot of questions... but first that one...

1) I have to keep the dvd rom (EAST) because I ive in Miami always inside of Navigation System?

2) What it is the diferent beetwen this NAV UPDATE DVD?.. I have the version 1.0 something... I don't remember...

Bye

Daniel

PD: I'm sorry about my english.. I know it is to bad... but I'm trying to improve....
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    How much was it, Karen?

Follow-up question - you mentioned the models with NAV have a video input for a backup cam, what about models without NAV? Do they have it, too?

I ask because I want to add a backup camera later, if I get one, and want to know which models I could do this to.

-juice
  • lmn908lmn908 Posts: 34
    First, congratulations on your new Tribeca. Enjoy!

To answer your questions:

1). Yes, if you live in the eastern half of the country, you just keep the east DVD in the system.

2.) Since we haven't seen the update yet, we don't know how different or updated it is. The previous version's database is several years old. Roads and intersections are constantly changing or being added, and hopefully the update will be more current. Similarly with various points of interest, i.e. more current with respect to restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc.

Juice:

List price for the update is $238.00
    Don't know about back-up camera inputs.

Larry
    Here is Subaru's official corporate response:

"Dear Ms. Martin:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru web site and for your message!

The version that is available for purchase on Kenwood's web site is the latest version available, that includes map software updates for owners of version 1.1.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Samir Hasan
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department"

-Karen-
    It was $238 plsu S&H for a total of $244.50.

I'll try to do a detailed comparison of what I find on the new one and post here.

-Karen-
  • I have a 2006... and mine dvd cover said version 1.0 not 1.1...

I wonder if the new disc will work....
  • Thanks Larry....

I going to wait to read something about this update in this forum...

thanks again...

Daniel
    I had version 1.0 in my '06. According to Subaru, v.1.1 was the most recent (probably included in the 07 Tribecas). Re-read post #96 and that should help.

-Karen-
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That's not cheap, yikes.

For comparison, Garmin charges $75-85 for their update DVDs.

Perhaps Kenwood has more POIs? They take 2 DVDs and Garmin only takes one.

When dealers start stocking it at least you could use Subaru Bucks.

-juice