Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caravan/Voyager Warning Lights & Problem Codes

Comments

• masterpaul1masterpaul1 Posts: 421
    Sounds like low oil pressure. Have you had the oil pump checked?
  • beb3beb3 Posts: 2
    hello to all! we have a 1998 chrysler voyager SE and the check water light on keeps on coming on even if we had made the radiator changed and pipes... it beeps every now & then even early in the morning when we just turn on the engines. and in the middle of the day the low water light goes on & beeps... and the car does lose water still slowly unlike before though that it could consume liters within a few hours... cant really understand the problem of this car... need help and ideas... ty!
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Ummmm, call me ignorant, but I didn't know there was a coolant level gauge anywhere on our cars. Now, as far as I know there is a coolant temperature gauge, and that will light up when the engine is too hot.

I'm wondering if you simply have a bad temperature sensor/sender causing your intermittant light.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • beb3beb3 Posts: 2
    ah, ok! i stand corrected about that thing... its kind of hard having only a manual in german about this car... which i barely understand...

anyway, just hope you are right because here the french local mechanic cannot really understand why he has changed the hoses and even the radiator ( which cost us a lot ) but still there's the "beep & light warning every now and then" and we noticed the car does still loses water slowly... its not normal right? hmmm... its quite irritating the beeps

am quite apprehensive of going to the chrysler agent which might cost us double or triple, and still the problem will not be solve, because when we phoned them, it seems they have no idea of this problem too... ayayay!!!

thanks....
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,268
    Is the temperature gauge on the dash indicating normal temperature (about half way between cold and hot)? I almost think you have a problem with a head gasket, if you are losing coolant (and it is not ending up on the ground).
  • mfoulksmfoulks Posts: 1
    I need help please I have a 2003 dodge carvan. When I turn on my A/C my speed amidor will flop back in forth to zero and the actual spead I'm going and my car fills like it is shifting. Check enging light come on and my alarm light stays on . I took it to a electrical shop and they though it was the transmission control model, but is wasn't. Transmisison place thought it might be the output speed sensor and it wasn't. I took it to a dealership and they thouht it was the hornest because the asit from the battery got on the computer (PCM). It is not the hornest because I had someone look at it. Has anyone else ecperienc this and how did you fix
    it? Thanks, Michele
  • I don't have an owners manual, so don't know what light this is....it's the 3rd light from left.....brake light, oil light, then this...........anyone please tell me what this light is and means asap! Thanks Doberkidsmom
  • makeladmakelad Posts: 2
    Help please....
    My 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan has just started getting an intermittent security warning light will come on during initial ignition and while driving. When it comes on while driving nothing happens. However sometimes (3x this morning) when turning the car on the light will come on and the car won't start. Turn the key to off and then back on ususally solves the problem and the car will start.
    Any ideas??

Thanks
    Darren
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,268
    Does your van have a chip in the key? Sounds like maybe it is going bad and the van things a "non-authorized" key is in the ignition.
  • makeladmakelad Posts: 2
    No... Normal key.
  • I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan which just hit 70K. In driving it home this evening, it inexplicably began to beep. The beeping seemed to be coming from near the dashboard, but no lights were visible. It continued beeping for about 5 minutes when it stopped. Can anyone shed some light on what this might mean?

Thanks in advance.
  • Did you ever get this solved. I am having the exact same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Yes I had to have the sensor replaced. As I recall it was pretty expensive. Make sure your gas is screwed on tight, I was told that could cause the problem, I tried that and it seemed to help for a short time. Hope this helps.
  • This does help a little. If you now exactly what sensor it was it would be alot more helpful. How long did you have the van after the sensor was replaced. Did the van ever stall after that?
  • 1999 Plymouth Voyager
    1) My backup lights do not work (yes, the bulbs are good), and I've been told it is "probably" the neutral safety switch (NSS).
    2) In addition to that, my gear indicator lights are all lit when I'm in Park, and remain that way when shifting. Only when I select Reverse or Drive do the other lights finally go out.
    3) On top of that, I cannot manually shift into 1st gear, though when in Drive the transmission shifts through each successive gear without problem. This is only a issue because I live in a very hilly area and prefer to do what little I can to preserve my brakes, particularly coming down a snowy hill in the dead of winter
    4) Finally (though not really), my ABS light goes on and off intermittently, while the ABS system still seems to be operating.
    5) And finally (at last), my Air Bag light comes on at randon times, and then goes off whenever it pleases.
    Are any of these issues related? Does the (NSS) neutral safety switch come into play with any of them other than the back up lights?
    I believe I've located the NSS, but if anyone has a picture or diagram of its location that would be real helpful
  • driabbboydriabbboy Posts: 2
    I ALSO HAVE A BACKUP LIGHT ISSUE AS IN NO LIGHTS, 1999 DODGE CARAVAN, 3.8L V6. THE PROBLEM IS NEITHER LAMPS OR FUSES. I WAS TOLD BY A DEALERSHIP THAT A TRANSMISSON "SWITCH" IS THE CULPRIT. THEY STATE THAT IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE TRANSMISSION AND THEREFORE WILL REQUIRE SOME DISASSEMBLY TO REPLACE IT--BIG BUCKS.
    SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MINIVANMAN4 HAS RESOLVED HIS PROBLEM OR IF ANYONE DOES KNOW IF THIS 'SOLUTION' IS WHAT IS REQUIRED.
  • I ALSO HAVE NO BACK UP LIGHTS ON MY 1996 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN WITH THE 3.8 LITRE 6 CYLINDER MOTOR I WAS TOLD BY SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT IT'S A FAULTY SWITCH LOCATED INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION IT'S SELF AND IN ORDER TO FIX IT THE WHOLE TRANSMISSION MUST COME OUT AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD BE ABOUT $1,750 OR CLOSE TO $1,800 FOR ANOTHER TRANSMISSION AND THAT WHEN THAT SWITCH GOES IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE TRANSMISSION GOES SO THIS NO BACK-UP LIGHT SITUATION IS A PRE-CURSOR OF THINGS TO COME, I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 2004 CHEVY VENTURE MINI VAN I BET THEY DON'T HAVE THE REVERSE GEAR SWITCH INSIDE THE TRANS AND DODGE DID THIS ON PURPOSE WHEN THEY MANUFACTURED THE CAR BECAUSE THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS MINI VAN THE MECHANIC AT THE DEALER TOLD ME AND SO HAVE COTTMAN TRANSMISSION AND AAMOCO TRANSMISSION AND EVEN MY NEIGHBORHOOD MECHANIC BECAUSE I ASKED EVERY DAMN BODY ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.image
  • 2002 dodge caravan, the only light that is yellow. all the other warnings are red, not oil,battery,seatbelt, washer, door, temp. which one is this, i tried turning the keys 3 times to get a code and did not get one. owners manual stolen.
  • I have a 1999 plymouth voyager.Had same problem.changed the 'idel air control sensor'.Problem was gone.
  • ginlizzyginlizzy Posts: 1
    After starting my 2203 Caravan it starts beeping for about 30 sec or so then it stops. Only does it after the van is started. No warning lights on the dash are lite Have no Idea why it is beeping. Anyone know? Thanks in advance