Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caravan/Voyager Warning Lights & Problem Codes

2»

Comments

• I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan which just hit 70K. In driving it home this evening, it inexplicably began to beep. The beeping seemed to be coming from near the dashboard, but no lights were visible. It continued beeping for about 5 minutes when it stopped. Can anyone shed some light on what this might mean?

Thanks in advance.
  • Did you ever get this solved. I am having the exact same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Yes I had to have the sensor replaced. As I recall it was pretty expensive. Make sure your gas is screwed on tight, I was told that could cause the problem, I tried that and it seemed to help for a short time. Hope this helps.
  • This does help a little. If you now exactly what sensor it was it would be alot more helpful. How long did you have the van after the sensor was replaced. Did the van ever stall after that?
  • 1999 Plymouth Voyager
    1) My backup lights do not work (yes, the bulbs are good), and I've been told it is "probably" the neutral safety switch (NSS).
    2) In addition to that, my gear indicator lights are all lit when I'm in Park, and remain that way when shifting. Only when I select Reverse or Drive do the other lights finally go out.
    3) On top of that, I cannot manually shift into 1st gear, though when in Drive the transmission shifts through each successive gear without problem. This is only a issue because I live in a very hilly area and prefer to do what little I can to preserve my brakes, particularly coming down a snowy hill in the dead of winter
    4) Finally (though not really), my ABS light goes on and off intermittently, while the ABS system still seems to be operating.
    5) And finally (at last), my Air Bag light comes on at randon times, and then goes off whenever it pleases.
    Are any of these issues related? Does the (NSS) neutral safety switch come into play with any of them other than the back up lights?
    I believe I've located the NSS, but if anyone has a picture or diagram of its location that would be real helpful
  • driabbboydriabbboy Posts: 2
    I ALSO HAVE A BACKUP LIGHT ISSUE AS IN NO LIGHTS, 1999 DODGE CARAVAN, 3.8L V6. THE PROBLEM IS NEITHER LAMPS OR FUSES. I WAS TOLD BY A DEALERSHIP THAT A TRANSMISSON "SWITCH" IS THE CULPRIT. THEY STATE THAT IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE TRANSMISSION AND THEREFORE WILL REQUIRE SOME DISASSEMBLY TO REPLACE IT--BIG BUCKS.
    SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MINIVANMAN4 HAS RESOLVED HIS PROBLEM OR IF ANYONE DOES KNOW IF THIS 'SOLUTION' IS WHAT IS REQUIRED.
  • I ALSO HAVE NO BACK UP LIGHTS ON MY 1996 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN WITH THE 3.8 LITRE 6 CYLINDER MOTOR I WAS TOLD BY SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT IT'S A FAULTY SWITCH LOCATED INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION IT'S SELF AND IN ORDER TO FIX IT THE WHOLE TRANSMISSION MUST COME OUT AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD BE ABOUT $1,750 OR CLOSE TO $1,800 FOR ANOTHER TRANSMISSION AND THAT WHEN THAT SWITCH GOES IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE TRANSMISSION GOES SO THIS NO BACK-UP LIGHT SITUATION IS A PRE-CURSOR OF THINGS TO COME, I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 2004 CHEVY VENTURE MINI VAN I BET THEY DON'T HAVE THE REVERSE GEAR SWITCH INSIDE THE TRANS AND DODGE DID THIS ON PURPOSE WHEN THEY MANUFACTURED THE CAR BECAUSE THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS MINI VAN THE MECHANIC AT THE DEALER TOLD ME AND SO HAVE COTTMAN TRANSMISSION AND AAMOCO TRANSMISSION AND EVEN MY NEIGHBORHOOD MECHANIC BECAUSE I ASKED EVERY DAMN BODY ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.image
  • 2002 dodge caravan, the only light that is yellow. all the other warnings are red, not oil,battery,seatbelt, washer, door, temp. which one is this, i tried turning the keys 3 times to get a code and did not get one. owners manual stolen.
  • I have a 1999 plymouth voyager.Had same problem.changed the 'idel air control sensor'.Problem was gone.
  • ginlizzyginlizzy Posts: 1
    After starting my 2203 Caravan it starts beeping for about 30 sec or so then it stops. Only does it after the van is started. No warning lights on the dash are lite Have no Idea why it is beeping. Anyone know? Thanks in advance
  • I have a 2002 Grand Caravan that this weekend started having some weird electrical problems. When coasting, the illuminated boxes around the gears (PRNDL) all lite up as well about two seconds later the lights for the ABS, air bag, and just about every light on the dash. About 2 seconds after that, the headlights will turn off. The weird thing is when you press the accelerator, everything goes back to normal.

Any ideas?
  • guitarzan3guitarzan3 Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    There is a warning light that I've never seen that came on last week. Then just today the headlights and tail lights started blinking and the only way to get them to stop is to unhook the battery. Not sure if they are related. What is that warning light? It's not oil, it's not brakes, it's not anything I've ever seen. It's on the right side.
  • vsvaidvsvaid Posts: 1
    Hi

I was checking the internet site to see if I can find solution to my problem. I saw your posting. I have the same problem with my Dodge Carvan 2006.
    Were you able to fix the issue?

Thanks
    Vikram
  • I have a 2008 dodge grand caravan and last week ALL of my indicator lights came on including all the indicators that show what gear you are in were highlighted. You could not tell what gear you are in. I made it home and turned the engine off. I grabbed my code tester to see what the issue was, but the engine wouldn't turn over nor could I get the code. Took battery in for test and it was fine. Towed it to dodge and they said it was the battery. I was pissed but replaced it anyways. Got the vehicle home and all was fine. Today had the same damn issue. Has anyone had this happen? Logically speaking, its not the starter because it fired up with a new battery. Its not the battery because it is new. Testing the battery, it reads 12v. Im charging the battery now, so if it won't start after that, it has to be a computer issue because im not relying on the alternator to charge it! Can anyone give any advice?
  • semockrsemockr Posts: 7
    Your onboard cpu might be hosed, I had a problem starting my 95 Voyager at Home Depot last year and replaced the cpu.
  • Dash board issue is either loose wiring (e.g. ground) or bad IC chip set. It is not related to the
    oil light, my wife had both problems in our 98 Caravan and the best way to fix the dash board issue on an on going or temporary basis is the Fondz. Not sure of the spelling but the method works well. Just give it a wac with your fist on the dashboard panel. Works in our van every time. I believe though not yet proven the oil issue in our care is a bad sender unit. Out of time.
2»