Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• hooch7hooch7 Posts: 4
    I am in need of this info too. Thanks!
  • fourminefourmine Posts: 16
    I am very interested in this as well. Looking to re-lease any day. I never used this info before and got burned-not badly, but enough over the term of the lease. This time I want to be prepared. Thanks so much CarMan!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to help you out, brentwood5.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Acura RDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Ok...I must admit I'm a dunce where these things are concerned. For a 2010 RDX (no tech) 12,000 miles I was given a money factor of .00086 and 55% residual. My monthly payment is $448. The guy told me I'm paying about $500 over invoice (and he's throwing in extras like cargo holder, pinstripe, etc.) My inception fees...which was not explained well...are $1560 and that includes the first month's payment. Do I need to go back and talk to the dealer? Is what you posted for "Super Preferred" a better deal? I am a repeat customer. He's rolling over my miles and I'm getting out of my other lease about 4 1/2 months early. HELP! Thanks!!
  • Carman,

Is this a good deal?

Price for 2010 RDX SH-AWD (no tech) 

Vehicle Cost:  
    MSRP=35380  
    Sale Price=33796  

Lease Terms:  
    36 months  
    Residual=$19459.00  
    Money Factor=.00086 

Cap Reduction: 
    Cash Cap Reduction=  
    Trade-in Value=$0  
    Trade-in Loan=$0 

Leasing fees and taxes: 
    Sales Tax Rolled into lease: $1,378.77  
    Bank Fee=595  
    License Fee=$50 
    Title Fee= 
    Doc Fee=75 
    Dealer Fees=0  

Payment=$487.39  
    Cash Due=$507.39 (includes all fees and 700 dollar credit to reduce money down) 

End result 488 a month 36 months (first payment was included in cash due 507.39) 
    This is ny lease is it a good price? (12k miles 36 months) 

Hi fourmine. The deal that you were given looks good to me. The money factor is right and $500 over dealer invoice with some accessories thrown in is a good deal. On top of all that, you're getting out of your current lease early. You did fine. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lbjpilot. The dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you are interested in is $32,947. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $850 over invoice, which isn't bad. Plus, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate for this model. This looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman,

I'm looking for august money factors and residuals on a 2010 fwd RDX with tech on a 3 yr, 15k yr lease.

Also, do any forum members have any recommendations between fwd and sh-awd. I live in so-cal and the vehicle is for my wife. We might take it to the mountains once or twice over the 3 years so I don't think the awd is worth it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

THANK YOU!!
    Thanks so much for your help, Car Man!
  • brentwood5brentwood5 Posts: 14
    edited August 2010
    Hi Car_man, thank you for the info. The money factor the dealer quoted matches your post. However, the residual they quoted is 58% (36 mo, 10K miles per year). You posted 59%. Do dealers increase residuals?
    I want to make sure that what they'll discount on their price quote does not get added to the residual some how.

Thanks!
    Hi davie333. You're in luck, Acura's lease program in California is more attractive than it is in the rest of the country right now.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RDX in California with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and opt to go with a nothing due at signing lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome fourmine.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome brentwood5. Dealers really do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values. The dealer must have been mistaken about the resid that they quoted you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Current advertised offer in Los Angeles for a 2010 RDX 5 speed automatic (not tech package) is:

$420/month payment
    36 months
    $0 walk off
    10k miles/year

MSRP: $33,3800 (including destination)
    Net Cap Cost: $33,141.17 (includes $595 acquisition fee)
    purchase option at end of lease is $18,692 (is this the same as residual?)

Is this a good deal? They don't list the money factor or residual on the site.

Thank you!
  • Hi Car_Man

I am looking to lease, in Oklahoma, a SH AWD RDX with tech and navigation (MRSP $37,000 approx.) for 36 months with 12K miles a year. I want to put nothing down. The advertised offers are for the base model. It will be wonderful to know the following: What is the residual for this model for 10K and 12K miles? Is there some incentive I could use to negotiate on the price? Is a lease quote of $575 fair? Best regards.

Current MDX Lessee
  • Hi Guys,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX AWD w/ Tech. MSRP is $38,580. Anyone have money factor, resid value figures that would help me out?

Thanks!
  • Hello jaeroe21. This doesn't look like a very attractive deal to me. The dealer invoice price of a base 2010 Acura RDX is currently $31,113. If one subtracts the available $1,000 dealer cash from that it drops to around $30,113. That's nearly $2,500 over invoice after the acquisition fee is backed out.

If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a price of more along the lines of $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings mdxlessee.

In your area right now Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX SH AWD with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with nothing due at lease signing.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi lchillin24. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with nothing due at lease signing.

This program is good for everywhere but California, where it was enhanced slightly.

Good luck in your quest for a new RDX, lchillin24. Make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • tl10tl10 Posts: 7
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX AWD w/ Tech. Internet price is $36,431.00. I receive a quote for a 36 month lease deal, 10k miles a yr, $2,500.00 total out of pocket for $495.00/mo. Is this a good deal? Does anyone have the money factor, resid value figures that would help me out? Thanks.
  • Hi tl10. Here's the lease program information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX AWD with Tech ad 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease everywhere but in California.

As far as the price that you were quoted goes. I haven't seen the dealer invoice price for the 2011 RDX yet, but there is probably a spread of around $2,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The MSRP of an '11 RDX AWD with Tech is $38,580. The selling price that you mentioned is a $2,150 discount off of MSRP, which looks like a very good deal to me.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses the buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • What is included in your out of pocket expense?
    Thanks Car_man
    First month payment, cap cost, acquisition fee.
  • I need numbers...
    MF
    RV
    2010 and 2011 RDX base, 36 months, 10K miles.

I have 3 months left on my TL, Acura is taking it back without negative equity. Thanks
  • You're very welcome, tl10.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go apdspider.

Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease everywhere but in California.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00126 and 59%.

Acura is providing $1,000 dealer cash on the 2010 model, but no cash incentives on the 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX w/ Tech. Internet price is $34,772.00. I receive a quote for a 36 month lease deal, 10k miles a yr, $3,000.00 total out of pocket for $444.00/mo. Is this a good deal? Does anyone have the money factor, residual value that would help me out? Thanks
  • pholliephollie Posts: 45
    Not sure of how many miles I'll be driving. To save monthly, would you get a lease on a high residual car like the RDX with potentially too few miles and plan to buy it or trade it in at the end or would you just pony up and get more miles now so you're covered--even if you end up not quite using each mile? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432
    I would never get a lease, knowing that I would substantially exceed the included mileage allowance.. If you have a big overage at the end of term, it can often reduce your viable options for exiting the lease..

That said, I might underestimate my mileage, slightly... so, I didn't pay for more than I needed..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.