Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• I recently received a quote for RDX base, for $1200 total due at signing (includes first monthly payment), $418/mo.

I was told that MF is .00082 and residual is 51%. I was also told that Acura is offering $1000 dealer cash on the RDX beginning June 3rd.
  • The 51% is for 15,000 miles. 10K is 58% and 12K I think is 53%.
  • zheka212zheka212 Posts: 57
    Base RDX:
    MF = 0.00082
    Residual:
    10K - 54%
    12K - 53%
    15K - 51%

Don't know about Tech, but Acura kept the program from May (so search earlier in this forum) and did add the $1,000 lease cash.

I've agreed on a deal with $1,200 total drive off and $400 per month for 36 months and 10K a year. Selling price is about $200 below invoice. This is PA with DMV fees at around $160 and local tax of 9%.
  • dcomberdcomber Posts: 27
    RDX Tech:

MF = .00082 (or 2%)
    Residual:
    10K - 53%
    12K - 51%

Dont know about 15k, but as zheka212 mentioned there is a $1000 in lease cash and $1500 for traditional financing/cash. If you do lease, make sure you mention and verify the $1000 lease cash because both dealers I went to didn't "disclose" it and one didnt even know about it until I mentioned it.

Good Luck.
  • af145af145 Posts: 31
    Which dealer?

I'm getting at least $1300 drive-off + $490/mo for Tech, including NY taxes (8.375%). Based on your experience, I should be able to knock that down by $25-$30, since Tech is usually $50-$60 over Base.
    Sussmanacura in pa
    Not sure what 1300 includes - acquisition fees used to be higher in NY. My 1200 is 595 acq + 400 first month, aboui 160 in dmv fees and the change down payment. Use the calc on edmunds to check math - when I looked at tech vs base it was something like 460 vs 400. Make sure the car you are getting doesn't have extras like moldings etc. In nyc area 200 below invoice should be "easy" (before lease cash) maybe more if you contact enough
    Well, let me tell you -- it ain't "easy". My 1300 includes the same stuff as yours: the bank fee is 595 (+tax), first month and DMV. DMV charges vary, but 160 seems to be the average. NJ dealers are outright crazy -- I hear numbers like 1947/523 (Springfield) and 1577/521 (DCH Montclair). One more thing I sometimes hear is that Blue/Taupe is out of stock and why don't I wait for the 2009 model. For example, I got that from Acura of Manhattan.

Why are you saying "Make sure the car you are getting doesn't have extras like moldings etc"? I'll just go for the lowest price; if the car has extras, so what?

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll try calling Sussman.
    Hey,

what I meant by "make sure .. extras.." is that maybe that's why the payment is higher. At any rate -- also try http://www.federsacura.com/ and ask for Steve. He gave me a very decent quote last month, but it was easier for me to deal with PA dealer.

Good luck!!
    I'm still searching for the best deal in the NYC area (RDX 2008 Tech, 10K miles). So far, the best one is from Curry Acura: $1300 at signing, $469/month. Other good deals (and friendly salesmen) include:
    1300/479 (Feder's Acura)
    1300/490 (Rallye Acura)

Troy from Park Ave Acura gives me 1500/462 -- but for a different color. To get my color, he is asking for 1500/475.

All numbers include tax & TTL.

I think it's possible to take that to 1300/460 or even 450, but I'm sort of tired and want the car already. The dealers are increasingly less willing to match. Will make one or two more calls and call it quits...

Any dealers reading this: if you want to beat Curry's offer, e-mail jd850 at hotmail dot com. By the way, I have a 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 4-door with low mileage as a trade-in.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're welcome, zheka212. Honda introduced a new $1,000 cash incentive on deals through Honda Finance for both the MDX and RDX in June. Acura did not adjust its advertised lease payments and it is not advertising its cash, so most dealers are probably trying to pocket it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi shula1286. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the RDX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that either myself or some other knowledgeable community member would be happy to give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what these numbers are.

If I was interested in leasing an Acura RDX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 under dealer invoice and then have the dealer calculate my monthly payment using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00082 (for Super Preferred tier customers).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I don't have cost of car nor other info. But here's what I'm being offered:

RDX w/ tech
    45k mile lease
    3yrs

$2500 total down and $480/month, includes all fees and taxes. I'm in NJ

Does this sound like a good deal? The reason I don't have numbers is that I'm using a service that negotiates the lease for me. All i have to do is walk in with a check and sign the papers and drive off with the car.
    No, this doesn't sound like a good deal, compared to what I was able to find. NJ taxes are lower than in NYC, as far as I know; on the other hand, yours is 15K/year, and I was looking for only 10K. Try Troy Dawson @ Park Ave Acura. Out of the NJ dealers, he seemed the most decent and gave me the best deal. See my previous posts...
  • i spoke to troy and he was very easy to deal with. I think I got a good deal from him.

RDX w/ tech
    36k lease
    15k miles
    $2500 due at signing
    for $460/month.

I went to a few other dealers and no one wanted to compete with that.
  • 2 questions:
    Are you planning on purchasing at the end of the lease? If not, then it sounds like a decent deal, because 15 k/year is GREAT and most people end up getting the shaft at the end of the lease because of the extra miles they put on the car.

and If you are thinking of purchasing what is the residual price you will have to pay at the end of the lease.

If you are not purchasing and just want to turn it in at the end, it sounds pretty darn good. Just remember gas is over $4.00 a gallon and you have to use premium- so make them throw in something extra like wood paneling or a rear mat or all 4 mats . I love my RDX with tech package, but the gas is killing me and the mileage just isn't very good. I live in Southern California.
    Yes, with 15K miles this sounds fine. However, it would be a good idea to lower the at-signing amount and increase monthly payments accordingly. You don't get bonus points for pre-paying! If the car gets stolen, you are out $2500, pure and simple.
  • Thanks for the help guys. I don't plan on buying it at the end of the lease. I will come back tomorrow and post the actual numbers after I pick up the car tonight. I don't mind paying the money upfront, despite knowing if my car was stolen, I'd be out of the downpayment. I'll be sure to try and get them to throw in something else, but if they dont, then I'm still happy.
  • danirosedanirose Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Just test drove RDX today really liked the drive...sales person offered a lease of $2500 total out of pocket, 12K, $400 per mth including tax, 36mths. Also dealer would pick up $700 of my current lease? Good deal? They have to get the car from another dealer. They do have one in the showroom with tech that I like...any ance of negotiating that to the above terms...since its on their lot?
    For a base, seems a little too expensive. What's the tax in your state? You should be able to shave $500 off the up-front. See zheka's deal somewhere in this thread.

Now, be wary about "getting the car from another dealer"! RDX 2008 is being phased out; they may not be able to find the car you like! I got stalled by a dealership for 2 weeks, until it was almost impossible to get ANY 2008 car. Ended up getting the same deal from another dealer... haven't picked up the car yet, but at least he got me a VIN number... keeping my fingers crossed here. So, if you agree to the deal, keep pestering them about the VIN EVERY DAY; keep calling other dealers until they give you a VIN; be flexible if they can't find the right color combination.
  • clee10clee10 Posts: 2
    I just picked up my RDX w/Tech package for $399/mo (with tax is $425) and $1500 walk off. 36 month lease. Got the exact combination I wanted. This is a good time to get the RDX since the 2009's will be rolling in any day now. Thanks for all your help on this site. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.