Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting your new RDX, sjcrockett. I'm glad that you found this site so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share your payment with everyone. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi straightdope. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 RDX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • toenlo36toenlo36 Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    Car Man,

Can you tell me what the residual and money factor is for a base RDX FWD, NON TECH PKG for 10,000 miles a year on the super prefered credit tier in NY? Thanks

Our current lease offer from our dealer is
    RDX FWD
    Dealer invoice was $31,247.52
    .00159 money factor
    57% residual
    Taxes / Tags / First payment due at signing
    35 payments at $416.54

Just wanted to check the residual on 10k vs 12k a year.

Thanks,
    toenlo
    Hi toenlo. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money.

Acura's residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Posts: 18
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car_man,
    Could you provide the March lease rates on the Acura RDX FWD with Technology Package on a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year?

Thanks.
  • Car-Man Can you give me the RV and money factor for this vehicle with 15K miles and 39 months???
    Here you go ccjw511. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX FWD with Technology and 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello carhelppls. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 RDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman,
    I'm looking at a 2011 AWD RDX w/Tech. 36 months/10,000 miles.

What is the residual and money factor for April?

Thanks in advance!

Cesar
  • jmpesqjmpesq Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Mr. Carman,

Wife and I are looking at a 2011 AWD RDX (w/o tech package) for 36 months/10,000 miles.

Can you please give us the residual and money factor for April?

Thank you.
    Here you go Cesar. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jmpesq. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX AWD without Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Again don't forget about the $750 dealer cash that's available on this vehicle during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • dbagdadidbagdadi Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

What are the June lease numbers for an RDX with and without Tech for 36 month, 10K and 12k please?

Are there still any cash rebates available?
    Here you go dbagdadi. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX without Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00097 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of an RDX with Tech is the same, but its residual value drops to 56%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jackomojackomo Posts: 11
    I am looking to change from an Audi A4 to an Acura RDX and would like to know what type programs buyers were able to negotiate on a lease. I am in the San Diego area. I see the money factors and residuals are listed above, but want to know what the monthly lease is and what price it was based on for an RDX w/o tech for June.
    Thanks
  • fservidiofservidio Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I just received this offer from an Acura Dealer in the NYC area: Can you provide feedback on whether this is a good deal? This is for 15K per year, 36 months:

AWD Non-Tech:
    Vehicle Price: $33,889
    Residual: $19,514.00
    Cap Reduct: $2,000
    Payment: $399.36 plus tax
    Hi fservidio. The dealer invoice price for a 2011 Acura RDX Non-Tech is $33,366. The selling price that you were quoted is around $500 over that...which is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00097 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Posts: 16
    Car Man,

Can I get the money factor and residual numbers (12k/yr) for August on an AWD RDX with Tech. Could I also know what dealer invoice is on that vehicle.

I was quoted around $550/month with 0 down and rolling the taxes into the lease, is this a good deal? I'm in Nevada/Northern CA

Thank you
  • chas0215chas0215 Posts: 40
    edited August 2011
    Acura and/or your local dealer are just not competitive. In June I leased an Infiniti FX35 with an MSRP of just over $50K for $590/mo., no money down, everything rolled into lease, 12K/yr, for 39 mos. I live in NYC metro area. I priced a similarly equipped MDX and they could not come close to Infiniti. You be the judge. If Acura doesn't work with you and provide you better numbers (e.g. closer to $500/mo.), you will get more value for your money elsewhere.
    You certainly can pcullen1. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00097 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

It would be easier for us to evaluate the deal that you were quoted if you were able to provide us with the vehicle's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. Without these numbers, it is more difficult to tell if there's any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Posts: 16
    Thanks carman. I believe MSRP is $37,995 and selling price was close to $35,995 before taxes. I was told I should be able to lease it with taxes rolled into the lease, 0 down for around $550/mth for 35 months. This is AWD w/tech.

Does that sound like a good deal to you?
    No problem pcullen1. The RDX that you're interested in has a spread of $2,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $600 over invoice, which is pretty good...especially considering Honda's inventory issues.

Car_man
    Host
  • cbrydrcbrydr Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hello Carman,

Can I please get September numbers (MF and resid) for a 2011 RDX AWD w/Tech for 10K mi / yr? Vehicle will be purchased in VA.

Also, the car will be registered in DC, so what is the tax situation? Heard that taxes are paid up front (cap cost + resid), but that doesnt make sense. Can you please verify?

Thank you,
    CBRYDR
  • I'd be happy to help you out, CBRYDR. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX AWD with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00033 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • zealot1zealot1 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Dear CarMan-

What do you think of this deal?

2012 RDX AWD w. Tech
    Total purchase price 36,400
    15k/yr lease for 36 months
    Total 3000 out of pocket initially including first mo. payment and taxes, rest is down payment
    Dealer agreed to pay off my current lease - total of $516 left

Deal: 480/month

Thanks!
  • Hi zealot1. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in is $36,208. The selling price that you were quoted is only slightly over that...which is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00107 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • What is the residual and mf for a 2012 RDX with 12,000 miles? What are your thoughts on the "rule of thumb" that monthly lease should be 10% of purchase price? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,169
    I think the rule of thumb is 1%, not 10%..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Mr. Carman,

I'm looking at getting the Acura RDX 2012. Can you tell me what the current invoice, residual and money factor is for the month of October? Assuming top tier. Thank you!
  • Hi Mr. Carman,
    I am looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX-tech. Could you tell me the numbers for October for a 15k, 36 month lease? Are the figures different if I go for a 2012 model? Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.