Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• af145af145 Posts: 31
    I can comment on the battery. I have a 2008 RDX with Tech. In the 4 years I owned it, there were times when it was left alone for weeks. At least once we left for 2 weeks for Christmas and found it buried in the snow upon coming back. Never once there was any issue with starting it. Overall, both my wife and I love the car.
  • Hello there,

I walked away from the following quote from a dealer on a RDX 2013 FWD Tech package.

Price = $36400
    Down pmnt = $5000 (includes first month lease pmnt)
    Monthly = $411/mo
    MF= 0.00170
    Residual = 0.59
    36K miles over 3 yr lease

Let me know if this is not the best deal or if it is then i will go back and sign it.

Thanks in advance.
  • It's no bother at all albert72. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's difficult to say what this vehicle's lease program will be like in November and December, but it seems to me as though deals typically get better in the final months of the year as manufacturers attempt to hit sales targets. Of course only time will tell what Acura's programs will be like on the RDX in the coming months, but I personally wouldn't be in any hurry to pull the trigger on one in October. The current program certainly isn't anything to write home about.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello rx3304me. I guess that you're switching from Lexus to Acura :).

The money factor and residual value that you were quoted on this car are right on the money. That's always a good sign.

Let's take a look at the selling price. The dealer invoice price of a 2013 Acura RDX FWD Tech is $36,565. The selling price that you were quoted is below invoice...which is a very good deal on a vehicle that does not currently have any cash incentives available on it.

Overall, this looks like an outstanding deal. The only aspect of it that I would change is the down payment. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. I do so because consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher you're better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man.
    Yes I'm switching to Acura...

Now here is another twist. I called 4 other dealerships in the area and only one dealer called me back saying that he has one vehicle in stock that he can offer the lease for selling price of $35500 (even lower than the $36400 quoted by first dealer i talked to).

He kept saying it's a huge stretch but he can make it happen. All other terms are the same (12k miles, MF=0.00170, Residual = 0.59 and $5k down).
    Now my question is why would he do it for such a low sell price ? Or is there a catch somewhere that i need to look out for?

Thanks again!
  • You're welcome rx3304me. A selling price of well below dealer invoice is an excellent deal on this truck. If the money factor is exactly the same (that's one other potential profit center) then the only place that I can think of where the dealer can pad your deal is trying to add on a huge doc fee or some sort of dealer-stalled options that you really don't want like VIN etching, pin stripes, etc...

As long as the lease program is the same and they aren't adding any fluff charges to your deal, go with this new dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man could you help me with this question.

Acura RDX 2013/Tech Package Lease

36month, 15K Lease

Selling Price $ 37,960 , MSRP is $ 40,315.

Residual 56%, MF is .00165,

I think I can do a little better on the MF but other than that is seems like a pretty good deal.

$1500 due at signing, including taxes, title, ins.

Monthly payment about of $550 a month, I would love to get this payment under $500.

Thanks
  • Hi fugazzi24. the .00165 money factor is right on the money. There really isn't any lease support on this model right now.

As far as this truck's price goes, its dealer invoice price is $37,860. So it looks like you're at only $100 over invoice on a vehicle that does not currently have any cash incentives on it.

This looks like a great deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank You Car_Man, I appreciate your time.
  • I don't know what the current rates and deals going on for 2013 RDX Leases but here's what i ended up getting by end of October for my RDX lease.

Acura RDX 2013/Tech Package Lease [ In Northern CA]

36month, 12K Lease
    Selling Price $ 35,500, MSRP is $ 40,315.
    Residual 59%, MF is .00165,
    $5000 due at signing, including taxes, title, 1st payment included.
    Then i sold my older vehicle and recovered $4k.
  • You're very welcome fugazzi24.

Car_man
    Host
  • can anyone help with the current rates/ money factor for RDX. Is it a good time to buy this month before year ends?
  • HI illipro. I definitely think that the end of the year is an excellent time to buy or lease a new vehicle, at least in terms of negotiating an attractive selling price with dealers. Unfortunately, Acura is not really providing any special incentives on the RDX right now. I suspect that may change later on next year.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX base with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hecarahecara Posts: 18
    Car_man,
    I looked at your post on the RDX base and got the info I needed. Would you mind providing the MF, residual and best selling price for the RDX Tech 12-15K miles? I'm assuming there are still no incentives out there?

Thank you!
  • Thanks for the Reply CarMan
  • ro424ro424 Posts: 2
    Hi, my brother-in-law just leased a 2013 AWD w/Tech (Graphite/black) for $420/mo and 2K down (39mo i believe), in NY (Westchester county).

Not sure what mileage is, but we only put 5K/yr or so on the car so it doesn't matter to me.

I am thinking of trying to get the same deal, is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi ro424,

I live near NY Can you get me the name of the dealer your brother-in-law used?

Thanks!
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Try Legend Leasing out of Brooklyn. They seem to have aggressive prices and lease on Acura Financial paper. Hopefully RDX lease prices will drop in the next few months. With strong demand, they have been able to get top dollar for the RDX but with the new MDX coming in May, perhaps that will change things.
  • Here you go hecara. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

You are correct, there still isn't any cash incentives on the '13 RDX.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome illipro.

Car_man
    Host
    CarMan,

I was wondering if you can provide me with some information on a single pay lease. We tried several months ago to lease an RDX but the prices I received were too high.

We are interested in the AWD with tech and a 36 month term. Can you provide info for both a 10k and 12k annual mileage lease ie - Money Factor and Residual?

Also - can you tell me how to calculate a one pay lease? I have used your standard lease calculator but I am assuming with a one pay, the formula will be different.

Lastly - Acura Finance claims that if the vehicle were stolen that assuming the insurance company makes Acura whole on the stolen car, I would receive a pro-rata refund of my payment. I guess it could get a little thorny if the insurance company decided to try to lowball the payment and take advantage of the gap insurance - I was not clear from Acura finance if the gap insurance is used does that impact my pro-rata refund.

I have seen some price quotes for single pay leases that are $60 - $80 / month less than prices I was quoted on 36 month / 36k leases.

Also - do you happen to have MF and residual for this vehicle on a standard 39 month lease with 10k annual miles - I have seen an ad for this lease at $419 / month with $595 bank fee, DMV fee of around $275 on Acura Financial paper and this price seems like something I could only get when the vehicle is in the later part of it's model life.

Thanks for your help. Eventually I will get a car.
  • Hi albert72. Through the beginning of March, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 39-month lease are .00155 and 55%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

The formula is the same for calculating a one-pay lease as it is for a conventional lease, you just add all of the monthly payments up into one lump sum. The bank that offers the one-pay lease usually provides some sort of money factor reduction in exchange for getting all of its money upfront. I'm not sure how much of a money factor reduction Acura provides on one-pay leases. I don't see very many of them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Can you please provide us with the February Residual and MF for

2013 Acura RDX FWD (non tech) 15,000 miles/36mo
    2013 Acura RDX FWD (with tech) 15,000 miles/36mo

Thank you.
    Thanks CarMan.
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide current residual and MF (through Honda/Acura Financial) for base Acura RDX AWD '13 and any incentives, if available, for 10K a year lease?

I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I am currently at the end of my lease with Honda (through AHFC - Honda Financial).

Thank you in advance.
  • Hi,

Can anyone please provide current residual and MF for a base Acura RDX AWD 2013 model /NYC area?

There are not a lot of Acura dealerships around where I live and I'd really like to have some starting point when I get down to the local one this Fri/Sat.

Responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
  • Hi ziffies. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX FWD without Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 RDX Tech are .00165 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Any time albert72.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello mrdx135. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX AWD without Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can you tell me money factor and residual for 2013 rdx AWD without tech for 36 months 12000 miles per year? Also how close can you typically get to a lease payment at these factors? Are you hearing of strong demand for this vehicle? Thank you
This discussion has been closed.