Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Thank you ... have the rates changed at all for April for the same package? RDX w/ Tech pkg, 36 month lease at 10k miles per year.
  • drose3drose3 Posts: 3
    I have been dealing with a few NY dealers on an RDX base model, no tech package. This is where I am;

Selling price $29840. 36 months x 15K a year, .20 per mile overage.
    4995 down inclusive of taxes, all fees 1st month payment @ $418 a month. + dmv fees. Dealer said they could get me about $300 lower than this deal.

Sound good? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • mbrokernymbrokerny Posts: 10
    Drose, That sounds like a great monthly payment but the tax should be around 2500 which means you are paying close to 2k in fees which is a little high.

What dealer is this from, im looking for an rdx with NAV, wonder where they are on that?
    I'm down to 4670 down at 418 a month. (That is an all inclusive down payment, taxes, dmv, first month etc) This is at Curry Acura in Scarsdale (or nearby- Central Ave).

The nav was about $70 more a month, give or take, which is why I went without it. Seems a little high when a GPS on the dash can do just as good.

I think I am going to go with this deal.
  • af145af145 Posts: 31
    Just a comment. A GPS on the dash is NOT just as good. It won't work in Manhattan, the lower level of Verazzano, or Brooklyn-Battery tunnel. The built-in Nav knows your position even when the satellites are unavailable: it has access to the speedometer and a built-in compass. The rear-view camera is a great feature as well. The entire "all-in-one" look and feel (music quieting for nav commands, camera turning on when you switch to reverse, NO DANGLING WIRES) is certainly worth something. Whether it is worth extra $70 a month -- that's for you to decide.

As for the price, it seems too high given the current market conditions. I'm driving a 2008 RDX with nav for $469/month ($1300 down), inclusive of NYC taxes, leased in July of last year. People were still buying cars back then. :-) Honda is bound to issue some insentives very soon -- if they haven't yet. However, I'm just an amateur, so please be free to dismiss my opinion.
  • mbrokernymbrokerny Posts: 10
    I agree with drose, its the whole tech package. Im in the market now, looking at the rdx among others and the dealers keep trying to push me into handheld nav and dont seem to understand the backup camera is imperative while parking in NYC.

Drose, thats an awesome price, i was just quoted on Friday $599 w/tax for the same money upfront. I laughed at the guy. It makes no sense. Honda is offering the cash to dealer but the crappy residual and high MF are putting this car out of my reach even though its my first choice.

Where did you buy from?
    Af145,
    Granted GPS is not exactly as good, but I'll give you hint; If you are the lower level of the Verazzano and your signal is lost, one end is Staten Island, and the other end is Brooklyn! :)

mbrokerny,
    I signed the papers today, 4670 with nothing else added, 418 a month, base model rdx w/out nav. Curry Acura, Central Ave, Scarsdale. This was better than DCH in fishkill who wanted close to 5K uprfront. Also better than bedford acura. I think (hope) it was a good deal, but you never know.
  • af145af145 Posts: 31
    Drose,
    Of course, Verazzano is just one example. If you are familiar with the area and see (before entering Verazzano) that the Nav takes you to Belt, you don't need a command to get there. However, if you are in an unfamiliar area, and the next turn is somewhere under a bridge or right after a tunnel, you are doomed. I know what I'm talking about -- I have used a Garmin for 2 years. On the other hand, like I said, if you don't think the conenience of a built-in NAV+camera is worth an extra 2.5 grand (70x3 years) -- that's your choice.

I tried Curry Acura and even gave them a deposit, but they failed to deliver a blue car like I wanted. I also had a good offer from Troy @ Park Ave Acura, but he couldn't find a blue car either. I finally went with a dealership 200 miles from NYC: Feder's Acura, the guy's name is Steve.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    No problem, grouch. Acura's April lease program for the 2009 RDX is exactly the same as its March program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rlee6rlee6 Posts: 1
    how much can i expect if i were interested in leasing acura rdx w/ no tech package?

I am looking for
    10K a year
    and as little money down as possible

I did lease a TL before(still have it but just finished my term) and about to go back to acura dealer to see what they can do for me.
    but my problem is, my credit score is only about 660... what kind of money can i expect? can someone do a calculation for me? what i should expect and how to negotiate at my situation?

thanks a ton!!!!!

ps: I am in NJ, but my TL dealer was in PA.... would love to get same benefit by going to acura dealer in PA but if NJ can do same for me .. that would be great too
  • yamadr6yamadr6 Posts: 2
    Car_man or anyones help will be greatly appreciated.
    Here is what I will like.
    SH-AWD with Tech
    I will also like to have the 19" rims, roof rack, mud guards, all weather mats, wheel locks and sport running boards.
    Should I buy or is it a better deal to lease at this time? (with the option to buy the lease out if I am happy with the car).
    I have perfect credit and currently own a 2007 TSX -Tech and I love the car.
    What deals do Acura have now?
    Should I wait until next month?
    Is the 2010 worth the wait?
    I am confused. Please help

Thank you
    Hello yamadr6. Acura's current lease program for the 2009 RDX isn't bad. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for this model is .00186. That's equivalent to an interest rate of just under 4.5%. Its residual values are a little on the low side, but they're not terrible. The $2,500 dealer cash that's available on this model makes up for this residual value weakness.

Acura's current lease program runs through July 6th. While it's possible that Acura could make an unscheduled revision to its lease program, more likely it will be exactly the same next month.

Car_man
    Host
  • hurls65hurls65 Posts: 6
    Car man, I admit some ignorance on lease rates. :)

If I have good credit and am already pre-approved by Acura/Honda financial (coming off another lease), is there a reason my dealer should be quoting me.00215 money factor on this car?

Or are they just taking a profit that they're hiding in the lease interest payments?
    Hi hurls65. Perhaps the person who you spoke with at the dealership is confused. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 MDX is .00215 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The buy rate for the 2009 RDX is .00186. If your credit score is in the 700s, make sure that the dealer uses the .00186 factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • nocntysdnocntysd Posts: 4
    Can anyone confirm Acura's current lease program on the RDX. We are looking at the AWD + tech package. I have read the money factor is .00186 (thru July 6th) and there is $2500 dealer cash on this car. Is that correct? Also what is the residual value on 36 month lease with 10k per year? I think I saw 52% somewhere, but that seems low. Thanks.
    Greetings nocntysd. The money factor that you mentioned is correct. The dealer cash is right as well.

Honda Finance's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 RDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year is actually only 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • drumikdrumik Posts: 12
    Hey Car_man,

Do you know what is current current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 RDX Tech with 10,000 ?

As well as 12,000 and 15,000 miles

Thank you
  • drumikdrumik Posts: 12
    Acura got back to me

residuals are 47% at 12000 miles and 45% at 15000 miles
    Money factor 0.02850 :mad:

It doesn't make any sense to lease it

Let see what August brings us
    Hi drumik. Unfortunately, what you heard is about right. For some reason, Honda decided to pull the plug on its lease support for all Honda division trucks and the Acura RDX in July. As a result, leasing one right now is not a very good deal. I believe that this lack of lease support is scheduled to run through early September, though manufacturers do sometimes make unscheduled changes to their programs. I'll ask around and see if Acura made any revisions for August. If it hasn't and you really want a new SUV, you probably should consider going with a different model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man. Has there been any movement on the RDX lease rates? I am interested in a 2010 RDX SH-AWD with Technology Package and was wondering what the money factor and residial value numbers are. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.