Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ar14senal. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for a "Super Preferred" tier lease of this model. That is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your truck's money factor up to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Now let's take a look at this truck's selling price. A 2007 Acura MDX without the Tech package has a dealer invoice price of $30,942. The price that you were quoted is around $850 over invoice. This isn't bad. You might be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this truck's price if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you shop around. You don't have anything to lose by trying. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Acura RDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi duaneman. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for this truck is .00108, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 2.6%. $550 is a good selling price for this truck if that is indeed the price that you are being charged for it. Make sure to find out exactly what this number is before finalizing your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 78carolian78carolian Member Posts: 9
    Waiting on your advice on RDX non tech. I am trading a car with $1,195 in positive equity. Another $1,000 cash out of my pocket takes me to $2,195. The car is mine for $398/mos. with tax incl. for a 36-mos/12K per annum miles. Financed thru Honda Motor Finance with a MF of .00108 and 54% resid. What say you guys? If it's deemed marginal by the panel, should I ask for mud guards/fender trim & wheel locks as I have noticed in other posts?
  • stephlitestephlite Member Posts: 14
    I still have 3 months left on my lease but decided to start the process of talking to dealerships via their internet reps to get some ideas on pricing. Wow, what I have unleashed on myself! They all try to get you to come in, which I don't want to do. I've gotten emails from 3 different people from the same dealership. They all insist that the car is selling really well, even when you tell them you know they have a bunch on the lot. And they are even smarmy and annoying via email. I'm not really looking forward to this whole process.
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    We jsut picked up the same vehicle. Not sure what the price of the vehicle is (in Virginia, we paid invoice). The one thing I see is the residual, I beleive it should be at 56% -- which will take your payments lower. Ours was 58% for 10K/yr, I think the 54% was for 15K. Overall, very consistent to what we leased ours for (but do check that residual, though). Go for it. Good luck.
  • ladybugthepugladybugthepug Member Posts: 3
    Car Man - Can you please give me your opinion on this offer?

RDX non-tech package
    MSRP $33665
    Dealer price $31890
    12K/36 mo
    MF .00108 (i.e. "2.5 APR" per dealer)
    Residual 57%
    $1,363.64 due on delivery (first and fees)
    $439.70/month - includes 7% Ohio sales tax

Also - could you consider leasing this car for 42 months since the standard warranty is 4 yr/50K (versus the 3yr/36K you see with say Honda or Toyota)?

Thanks
  • dsnyder211dsnyder211 Member Posts: 3
    First off- great posts, great advice. Anyway- After blitzing the local Acura dealerships in Ohio - here is the best offer I got for a lease. Please someone- let me know if what you think:
    -RDX w/Tech
    -15K/year
    -2.5%moneyfactor
    -52%residual
    -selling price = $34,600
    -total of $2,500 down (includes tax, first payment, no deposit, no fees, $1700down)
    -after tax payment on 36months = $487/month after tax
    - nobody will budget under this???

What do you think? Anywhere I can make ground up? Please HELP!!!!! Thanks!
  • tomatosaenztomatosaenz Member Posts: 29
    Was just quoted on a 2007 RDX tech package in Southern California, 36 months, 15,000 miles a year. Total drive off of $886.16 (first month + fees). Monthly payment is $526.70 including tax. Does anyone know if I can do better than this on a 15K mile/year lease with super-preferred credit?
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    I was quoted a bit better from Sierra Acura Alhambra's internet/fleet manager mid-March. Very good lease though.
    PS: If they have an "old invoice" model in stock you could get it for around $490 same terms.
  • limabeanslimabeans Member Posts: 1
    I am in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and today leased a 2007 Acura RDX Tech. Here are the details of my lease...

RDX w/Tech
    -12K miles/year
    -2.59% (0.00108) Money Factor
    -54% Residual
    -Cap Cost (Sales Price) = $34,418
    -Total of $1,500 down (included tax, first payment, no deposit, no fees)
    -AFTER tax payment on 36 months = $485/month (again, INCLUDES TAX)

I sent them back to the drawing board a few times (They started out offering $494/month BEFORE tax).

I think I got a pretty good deal. CARMAN, what do you think?
  • suvcurioussuvcurious Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know what the CURRENT money factor for PREFERRED TIER credit is for Honda Finance? I'm playing around with the #'s to see if I can afford the new RDX.

Thanks a lot!!!
    SUV CURIOUS
  • mdh71mdh71 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a black RDX w/ Tech in the DC 'burbs last week -- here's the breakdown of my deal:

15k miles a month
    zero down (first month only)
    $544/month
    free ipod link (if it ever comes available) and all season mats

Seemed like a good deal to me, and it's a great truck so far. Good luck!
  • glevittglevitt Member Posts: 30
    Carman or others in the know:

Acura is currently advertising nationally a leased deal on the RDX for $369/mo. I am trying to get the residual and money factor for this lease. The terms are 10k miles/year, 2035 cap reduction, 36 months. The MSRP is $33665.00. The advertised payment is $369.00/month. I am trying to get to that number.

With the TMV in my area I can erase a lot of the cap reduction.

Thanks!
  • tomatosaenztomatosaenz Member Posts: 29
    I believe the money factor in that offer is about .00064 with residual of $19,525.70.
  • nancy1097nancy1097 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all--
    I am on the fence about a lease. I went to a Honda dealer to inquire re: CR-V EX-L with nav. I was quoted $26,660. After a trade in, all told I would pay $3k down and $370/mo for the CR-V. But now I realize this month's pricing for the base RDX is $3k down and about $370/mo. Should I drop the CR-V and nav for the improved performance of the RDX? (but also lower MPG and premium only fuel)... Is the RDX thrilling without the tech pkg?
    Some background: I am trading in an RSX, which I love and would not be trading in if it weren't for the baby I just had!
    Any advice? Thanks!
  • johnny98johnny98 Member Posts: 88
    Have you test driven both vehicles? If not, then do so and that should make the decision for you. In addition to the RDX's more powerful engine and improved handling vs. the CRV, the RDX also has a much nicer interior. Some tests drives should quickly make your decision for you.

Also, remember that the RDX tech package is more than just a nav system. It also includes a very nice audio system upgrade, a very nice hands-free Bluetooth system, and the backup camera (a nice saftey feature for an SUV). If you just want the nav system, you can get the same functionality from an inexpensive aftermarket dashboard-mounted system. All the other features, all integrated into the dashboard display and steering wheel controls, are what make the RDX tech package worth the price. Can you put an extra $3K down to get the tech package with the RDX at the same lease price?
  • nancy1097nancy1097 Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, I've test driven both, but both drives were a while back and not consecutive. I think my problem is I like the Acura better, but if I get the base I don't get the neat toys. (I don't have a Bluetooth phone anyway, though.) And for the amount I'm going to drive (not very much), I wonder if I should bother indulging in the tech goodies.
  • johnny98johnny98 Member Posts: 88
    If you're not going to drive much and money is a big issue for you, I think you should aim for the cheapest car that works for you. No point in paying thousands extra for a luxury interior if you're not going to be sitting in it very often.
  • bigkidforlifebigkidforlife Member Posts: 12
    Hi all,

I am currently looking for a base RDX with a 2yr/40,000 mile lease in the SF Bay area. I haven't gotten past trade-in negotiations yet so I haven't yet started discussing lease pricing. Does anyone have any insight into what a good offer would be? I'm assuming the negotiated cost of the vehicle would be around $31k and the finance rate would be based on top tier (fico > 780)
  • acura2007acura2007 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for the RDX tech package and wanted to know if this deal was good based on a 36 month lease, 12k per year.

Lease payment is $508 per month
    Down: First month's payment + motor vehicle fees.

Any feedback would be helpful
    Hi ladybugthepug. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for it. This is always a good thing because it means that you qualify for Honda Finance's top credit tier and that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your truck's money factor up to add hidden profit to your deal.

Now let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Acura RDX without the Tech package is $30,942. That means that the price that you were quoted, $31,890, is around $950 over invoice which isn't bad. It wouldn't hurt to stop by the RDX Prices Paid discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately, but overall I would say that this is a very reasonable deal. Here's the discussion that I mentioned: "Acura RDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tomatosaenz. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the RDX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello limabeans. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate for this truck. That is a good thing because it means that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and that the dealer you are working with is not trying to mark your money factor up to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Now let's take a look at this truck's selling price. The dealer invoice price for the 2007 Acura MDX with the Tech package is $34,145. The price that you were quoted, $34,418, is only $273 over invoice. This is a very good deal. If you like the truck, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi SUV CURIOUS. I know that through April 30th, Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" tier buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 Acura RDX is .00108. I do not know exactly what its "Preferred" tier money factor for this truck is right now, but it is probably around .00050 or so higher than the Super Preferred factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi glevitt. Acura's nationally advertised lease for this truck is a 36 month lease of a 2007 RDX without the Tech package with 10,000 miles per year. It is using a money factor of .00108 and a residual value of 58% to arrive at this payment. Manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak as far as vehicles' selling prices go. If I was in the market for an '07 RDX I would comparison shop with a few dealers and try to beat the price that the advertised deal is based upon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jjansen. Your credit is in great shape, so you will not have any trouble qualifying for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier. Through April 30th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor on the 2007 Acura RDX for consumers who qualify for that tier is .00108. Make sure that the dealer that you end up working with uses that money factor to calculate your truck's monthly payment. Please feel free to check back with me in a few days to see what Acura's new May money factor for this truck is like.

The dealer invoice price for a base 2007 Acura RDX is currently only $30,942. So if you are able to lease one with a selling price of $31,000 or slightly over you are getting a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings acura2007. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the RDX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mjo1mjo1 Member Posts: 16
    Hey, it's May now. Do you have an update on what the money factor and residual is at this point?
  • mjo1mjo1 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car Man? How come the Lease forum has been inactive? I asked about lease numbers for May, but never got a response. What's up? You usually have the answers!
  • acura2007acura2007 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted a selling price $34,625 for the RDX Tech; 36 month lease with 12,000 miles a year.... I was told the lease payment would be $476 with $2320 due at delivery.

Does this seem like a good deal? Thanks again for your help!
  • stinger2stinger2 Member Posts: 4
    2007 Acura RDX w/Tech Package

MSRP $37,600.00 + $595.00 Aquisition Fee = Sell @$38,195

$2999.00 down out the door includes $521.97 1st mo pymt, $54 Registration, $120.32 Tax on cap cost reduction, $2302.71 cash down cap cost reduction.

Residual=$20,069.10
    36 months @ 10,000 miles per year
    Interest rate= .00101 (2.42%)
    Missouri Sales Tax = 5.225%

Figures out to Monthly Payment of $521.90 for 36 months which breaks down to monthly cost of $439.55 Depreciation Fee, $56.43 Lease Fee, $25.92 Usage Tax.

Good deal or not?
  • yankeeswsc07yankeeswsc07 Member Posts: 2
    Please let me know if this is a good deal or what.
    Vehicle Cost 34,145
    Selling price 35500
    Residual 18954
    36 months
    Retention rate/??money factor 0.00101

MOnthly payment 582.11
    Initial charges 655.61
    Trade in 0
  • oscars2212oscars2212 Member Posts: 23
    Just an FYI - some info from the lease deal I got yesterday in NoVA (Radley Acura) on a 2007 RDX w/Tech.

money factor: .00101 (this is the May Superpreferred I believe as my credit score was above 790)

Residual value: 54% on a 36 month lease (left a residual value of about $20,000 and change)

The MSRP was $37,165; I got them down to a sell price of $34,700 (which is $535 over invoice). I paid $1000 up front which included a small cap cost reduction of $450, then added a roof rack for $599, so the end sell price was $35,299.

They wouldn't waive the acquisition fee of $595 or the "document fee" of $245 (I didn't push this too hard because they came down so much on the actual cost of the car).

All told I ended up paying $522 a month.

They also were willing to give me a good deal on my trade-in (Edmunds TMV for my car on tradein was $21,400, I asked dealer for $22,000 they gave me $21,750).
  • rdx07rdx07 Member Posts: 1
    not sure if it is such a great deal. couple weeks ago i was able to get Acura+tech package for 36m/12k miles for 514/month and 780 initial payment that included first month and DMV. All other fees including taxes and bank fee were rolled in my monthly payments.
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Would anyone happen to know information on 48 month leases on the RDX? Interested in residual and money factor at 12K and 15K. Thanks for any help.
  • z5470z5470 Member Posts: 28
    This is the so called deal I got today in NJ.
    RXD Tech pkg. 12K per year 3778 down and 426 per month.

Seems like I have a 2998 difference in the down payment than you do, but that is probably equal to about 90 bucks which would bring your payment down to 414 if you had my down payment (thinking 1000 bucks equals 30 bucks per month) Seems like my deal is not so good. I need help here. What IS a really great lease deal?
    Thank You
  • lairishalairisha Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted this price for a lease - is this a good deal?

2007 RDX (no Tech package)
    12K mi/yr
    $3000 drive-off
    $350/mo including all taxes and fees.

Thanks!
    Hey mjo1. I have the answer to your question, but the leasing discussions are so active now that it takes me a while to make my rounds, plus I was away on vacation for a few days. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura RDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi acura2007. The dealer invoice price of a 2007 Acura RDX with the Tech Package is $34,145. That puts the selling price that you were quoted, $34,625, at $500 over invoice. This is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00101 (for Super Preferred tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi stinger2. The money factor that you were quoted for this vehicle is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for it. This is a good thing. In your post you mentioned that this truck's selling price is $37,600. Is this number right? I suspect that it isn't, because if it is it's higher than the RDX Tech's MSRP of $37,165 and it is a terrible deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi yankeeswsc07. The lease money factor that you mentioned is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for this model. This is a good thing. The selling price that you were quoted is around $1,350 over dealer invoice. I have seen consumers get this truck for less than that. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, it wouldn't hurt to shop around to see if you can beat this price. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Acura RDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    This looks like a pretty good deal, oscars2212. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello verystingy. It doesn't make sense to lease an Acura RDX for longer than 36 months. That's the longest term that its special .00101 money factor is available for. If you lease this truck for 48 months, its money factor more than doubles to 00245.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi z5470. The best way to evaluate a deal is to look at a vehicle's selling price. If you are getting a great selling price and the dealer is using your vehicle's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment then your lease should be a good deal. Let me know what this truck's selling price is and I will gladly give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings lairisha. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the RDX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • doseidosei Member Posts: 11
    Does Acura offer wear & tear insurance?
  • mhodgiemhodgie Member Posts: 1
    Hey CarMan- good to see you back on the board.

Please advise on the following deal:
    RDX with Tech
    Adj cap cost $34612
    residual value $19697
    36 months/ 12 k miles per year
    1500 total due at signing including 1st mo payment, tax, tags etc
    $501/ month including taxes
  • jminjmin Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man - Are the residual percentages set in stone by Honda Finance?

I'm getting quoted .00101 factor with 53% residual for 36 months at 12k miles per month (for the tech trim). I saw someone else say they're getting 54% for 15k / month.
  • lairishalairisha Member Posts: 2
    Here's the deal I am being quoted (with details, this time). Can you please tell me if this is a good one?

2007 RDX, no Tech package
    36 months at 10K mi/yr
    Cap cost: $30,100
    Residual: 57% (of MSRP, which is $33,665)
    Money factor: .00101
    Cash out the door: $2449
    Monthly payment: $350 including taxes/fees.

Thank you!
  • stephlitestephlite Member Posts: 14
    I have some various questions that I was hoping CarMan and/or the masses could possibly help with. I am finally ready to pull the trigger on the RDX Tech, as my current lease is finally ending. The dealer is telling me the following, which I believe jives with most of these posts...

55% residual, .00101 super prefered money factor, sell price of $33,645, 10K miles.

Based on those numbers I come up with $456 per month (CA sales tax included.)

He came back with $485 per month and a "minimum drive off fee of $856 that will go towards first month payment and tax."

I know that I have the DMV fee to add on, which isn't cheap in CA, but what other fees should I be expected to pay/looking out for?

Also - he said he could show me all those numbers when I come in, which I don't want to do. Were you all able to get this info from the internet contacts prior to walking in to the dealer?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
This discussion has been closed.