Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• I just got an email with a very good offer on a purchase, but lease terms don't seem too much better. Is it possible to convert good offers on purchase to a lease? Is there another option to take advantage of a good deal if you want to lease? 3rd party leasing maybe? Any particular financing companies better than any others for that?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi tiger76. The money factor that you were quoted is spot on. The residual value looks good too.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $36,815 and a selling price of $35,920, I estimate that this vehicle would have a 36-month, 10,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $472.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi dealhunter3. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to get the dealer to use the selling price that they quoted you to purchase the RDX that you are interested in as the capitalized cost for your lease. See if they would be willing to do that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jaeroe21jaeroe21 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi CarMan,

I was given this deal on a base model 2014 RDX Front Wheel Drive:

$33500
    $0 Down
    $0 Drive Off
    35 months/10K year
    They didn't give me the money factor
    64% residual (that is what they said, but i didn't catch the actual residual value)

monthly payment: $444.32 including tax (9%)

I'm returning an RDX lease with 1 month on it and they are giving me trade in of $1200 which covers the last payment ($476.00) along with all of the drive off fees.

Good deal?

Thanks!
  • tiger76tiger76 Posts: 2
    Thank you!
  • otis123otis123 Posts: 426
    Hi CarMan,

Could you please provide the money factor and residual for:

2014 RDX AWD with 12K/year and 15K/year 36-month leases.

Thanks!
  • kevinkk123kevinkk123 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Hi CarMan,

Is this a good deal?

MSRP= 36815
    Negotiated Price = 31590
    no down, RF = 60%
    36 months, 12000 miles/ yr
    Annual Rate 3.6% or MF .0015

Signing due at bank fee 650 + registration 350 + first month payment 375+ others 150 = 1525. monthly payment including NY tax (8.875%) is 375 every month.
  • I'm new to the thread but that definitively looks like a great deal.
    Is that for AWD model?

Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer. I'm really interested in getting one too.

Has anybody found a better deal than this?

Thanks!
    M
  • jboom1jboom1 Posts: 1
    Hi Carman-
    I am considering turning in my 2011 Acura RDX turbo (34k miles) for a 2014 AWD no tech. The residual value, which I understand is non negotiable, s 23,193. Do I also figure in trade-in value on my current Acura? They also quoted me GRS CAP COST of $35811 - and Net Cap Cost of 35799.41 not sure I understand these numbers and want to make sure that the actual sale price of the car is fair. Right now with the dealers numbers the monthly lease is $478.14 and from reading all of the forum posts I am confident the number should be in the high 3's or low 4's. I am using the edmunds car least calculator. Thanks.
  • infoeinfoe Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Kevinkk123 your deal looks like a good deal with the correct residual as well as MF. I am interested in this same deal but would even go with a 61% RF at 10k miles.

Can you please confirm what model RDX you are purchasing as it's MSRP does not seem to fall in line with any of the four RDX models.

Can you please share your dealer details out of NY?

I will use this information to try to secure a similar deal.
  • ms5343ms5343 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi CarMan and everyone with more experience than me,

I'm looking to lease (for the first time) a 2014 RDX very soon, granted the price is right. When you get a chance, can you please let me know what you think of the quote below? There doesn't seem to be any incentives from Acura that we qualify for at this time and I'm wondering if I should go ahead with the deal, negotiate more, or hold off and wait for an incentive.

2014 RDX AWD, with Tech Package and Remote Engine Start
    10,000 miles per year
    Lease Term: 36 mos.
    MSRP: $40,914
    Negotiated Price: $38,350
    Money Factor: 0.0015
    Residual: 61%
    Wisconsin tax: 5.5%
    $0 Down

$1450 due at signing which includes 1st month, title, registration, acquisition fees.
    $518 monthly payment (including tax) thereafter for 35 months
    Monthly payment = $493.50 pre-tax

What do you think? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • xian5681xian5681 Posts: 13
    Did you ever get more details on the model... I'm looking to do the same deal in Socal.
  • unfortunately, the deal expired already. I didn't get the deal due to a personal issue. I don't have the dealership name because I got it from my friend, who is like an independent agent has contracts with different dealerships. I can't even get the similar deal now. The latest quote I received from Auto Plaza Mall is 434 including tax as monthly payment, with 3.6% interest rate, 61% residual value, 10k miles.
  • Hi CarMan,

I was given this deal on a base model 2014 RDX Front Wheel Drive in Southern California:

MSRP $35,415
    Selling Price $32,415
    Residual $22,311.45
    MF .00150
    $2000 down
    35 months/12K year

Monthly payment: $325 plus tax

Good deal?
  • fitzramfitzram Posts: 31
    Those numbers don't quite work out for me. Based on your info, I'm calculating a monthly pymt of $311. Did you add some accessories that you didn't mention? The $14 mo difference would equate to about another $500 in cost.

Chris
  • I cannot find the money factor on the current lease offer from Acura for the RDX AWD with Tech that expires on 9/3/2013. Anyone know it?

When I run the calc on the Acura website it shows a 685.85 a month for lease amount of 40,515, 12k mi, and 36 mths. My dealer told me the money factor is .0014 but this seems like a high monthly payment for that money factor. When I back into the money factor based on these numbers I come up with a money factor = .00331. What am I missing?
  • lghoover,

You are missing two items:
    1. Sales price (aka capitalized cost)
    2. Residual value

You need that information as well as the MSRP and money factor in order to calculate the monthly payment.

FitzRam
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962
    .0014, if you use the special "ZERO due at signing program"

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Yep got it, thanks. I was trying to verify what the dealer told me that the current Acura money factor is correct and it appears it is (.0014 / 3.36 APR). I think I can do better, seems high to me...
  • Thanks so much! My dealer claims they can better the lease deal from Acura. This is my first lease, is it common practice to negotiate a better money factor offered from the dealer? If so, what is reasonable from your experience if we use the Acura deal of .0014 as a baseline?
    Your dealer may be able to offer a better lease than the nationally advertised example.. that really isn't all that hard to do.. they just have to sell it for less money than assumed in the example..

But, they can't offer a lower money factor on that lease. (of course, in your example, they didn't say that..)

• I have negotiated what I think is a good deal with several accessories, but was wondering if I had any leverage on the money factor. I now realize I can't play hardball on the MF, so this gives me my direction.

Thanks so much for your help!
  • row2row2 Posts: 3
    Hi Car man

Please let me know if this is a good deal.

I have the following deal

Cash 4000
    36 mths 428.65 including taxes(10000 miles)
    residual 23469
    Selling price of car 36200
    MF 0.0017
  • Hi Carman,
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal, before I pull the trigger:

$0 down lease with only first-payment due at signing, 12K miles/year, .00150 money factor, 12,000 miles/year, on a 2014 RDX AWD nonTech is $469.84 plus tax/month. This is based on a sale price of $35,320.96 ZAG program special pricing structure.

The residual is .62 so the gross cap cost is $36,533.96 and the adjusted residual is $22,825.30.

Thank you for your help, really appreciated :)

Steve :shades:
  • It seems kinda high.
    This guy in Brooklyn NY listed for only $399 plus tax. no money down.
    I am sure you can negotiate with the prices.
    http://www.legendleasing.com/2014_Acura_RDX_AWD
  • Wow, thats does seem pretty low? How do they do that??
  • stevef4stevef4 Posts: 11
    Carman or anyone,
    I need residual and money factor
    for Northern Cali( bay area)
    2014 RDX w/ tech Fwd 36 mo /12k
    About to pull trigger but need this info
    Thanks
    The RDX has a special money factor of .00150 that carries over from September, but I don't have residual information.

regards,
    kyfdx

• cowboys900cowboys900 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hi, can someone please advise what the current Money Factor and Residuals are for the 2014 RDX AWD NON TECH model? 36 months @ 10k miles per year?

1-What is the Acquisition fee?
    2-What is the Disposition fee?
    3-Have you found any dealers willing to neg on them?

Thanks!
  • mw12mw12 Posts: 5
    2014 RDX (no Tech Pkg). Cap cost $34,300. MF is .0015. Residual is 60% for 36 months, 15K/year. Monthly payment is $449. Taxes, title, etc extra. This is without down payment to reduce cap cost. What do you think of this lease? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.