Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome screwdriver2. It's difficult to say what the deals will be like in August at this point. Last year the lease program that was available on the MDX was slightly better in August than it was in March, but not by much.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    edited April 2013
    CarMan,

Wanted to thank you for all the info you provided regarding the RDX lease. It took a while, but I finally picked one up over the weekend. Hope to get many years of safe and reliable use from it.

Thanks again,
  • Since the 2014's will be hitting show rooms in May, you could get some good deals on the 2013's starting in about six weeks.
    John
    You're very welcome. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. Enjoy your new RDX!

Car_man
    Host
  • Can u guys help me? I've been offered to purchase rdx awd tech for 41,000 taxes n all fees included. Or lease the same for 6k down (including 5 for my trade). And 400$ per month 36 mths, option to buy out at the end for 23,000.

Do either of these deals sound reasonable and which is the best?
  • I was offered $365/month for 36 month lease for 10,000 miles per year when I plunked down $6500 as a trade-in. RDX AWD Tech package. I'm in the NE.
  • rx3304merx3304me Posts: 11
    ummyahya03,

While both of your priced options look attractive. I would go with the lease option if your Money factor is close to 4% or lower interest rate.
    Also with the lease option you should further try to bring down the invoice price as that one along with the MF would affect your monthly payment.
    The 5k or 6k down payment is arguably at the high water mark since the main objective of a lease is to save money in a monthly payment. But if you have to go with a trade in and extra down payment then in that case I would consider buying it with a low apr financing.

Good luck!
  • I'm in NY but I think if we were paying cash vs using our trade ins would it still b 6000 to lease? I would prefer maybe 3000 or 3500 then 400$ a month to lease.

I think for me it makes more sense for me to apply my trade to the purchase. I'm so confused lol.

Thank u, it's good to know I'm not the only paying 6k on a lease. :)
  • Thank u rx3304me. I have no idea what the mf is so I'll look into it tmw. How much do u think is reasonable to put down towards a lease? Maybe 3 or 4k? But then the monthly payment would b 5 or 6 hundred right? *sigh*
  • Hello. I am looking for the current MF for April on an RDX with Tech Package with 12k/year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi ummyahya03. You definitely do not want to make a $6,000 down payment on a leased vehicle. That's a lot of money and if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during the course of your lease it is very possible that it would just disappear. It's always much safer to go with a zero down lease. You can still trade in your current vehicle when you get your new one, bust have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from your deal as a down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, nickm1622. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • glorikglorik Posts: 1
    Hello. I am looking for the current MF and residual for April on base RDX with 10K/year.
    If there are numbers for FWD option I'd appreciate it much.
    If anybody leased RDX in New York, can you please share your deals and dealerships.
  • Thank u car_man :). How much should I expect my monthly payments to b on a 0 down lease for rdx awd tech ?
  • Thanks for the help everyone. I purchased yesterday a 2013 rdx awd tech with protection pkg 1 and remote start for total price of $41,536. Not sure if it was a good deal or not but it's done now and I LOVE my new car ;-)
  • f1italiaf1italia Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 2013 RDX AWD Base in NJ. Acura doesn't publish a lease offer on that model - their published offer is only for the FWD. I think I can get a 36-month lease for $429/month with $1999 down and 12,000 miles.

Do you think I can improve on that? The Edmund's lease calculator gives me a much higher payment. Thanks! this is a great forum.
    Hi glorik. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX base with 10,000 miles per year are .00136 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ummyahya03. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech that has an MSRP of $40,315 and a selling price of $37,860 through Acura right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $518 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just got a lease in a 2013 RDX AWD base model for $430 monthly for 36 months and 12,000 miles annualy. Zero money down and a 2001 Subaru Forester 2001 (valued by the dealer @ $2,500).
    What do you think? did I get a good deal?
  • ewasselewassel Posts: 1
    Car man: Can you post the money factor and residual for a 2014 RDX, both Base and Tech, 36 mos, 15k miles, as well as the same numbers for a 2013 model.
This discussion has been closed.