Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Electrical Problems

Comments

• I have a 2000 Gmc Sonoma SLS 3 door stepside. My question is what would cause the lights to just turn themselves off. I live in southern ca and do a lot of canyon driving and on a couple of occasions my lights just turned off. I was able to turn them back on manually, but I do not need them to go off into a dark corner. any advice could help.
  • john180john180 Posts: 2
    I'm having trouble with the dashboard dials on my s10.Every thing goes out except the gauge for the battery and the oil pressure.They go off and on at random.i have changed the cluster and it seemed to work for awhile but it's doing the same thing again.
  • dropt4dropt4 Posts: 3
    Okay so I did some major work on my Sonoma where I had to disconnect my harnesses. Well I was putting everything back together the way it was. Everything is grounded and hooked up, but when I went to start it all I get is the little black boxes on the firewall making like this loud whining noise. I have power to everything, but the fuel pump does not prime and the truck acts like it is dead even though power is running through headlights and everything.

Can someone please help? I do not know where to start with this one. Anyone had this problem maybe with the boxes making this loud noise? Truck worked fine before I did the work..
  • dropt4dropt4 Posts: 3
    O and if it matters I have a 4.3l V-6..
  • jlleiberjlleiber Posts: 1
    Hello...I just installed a satellite radio receiver that sits on my dash and hooks into my cd player and cig lighter. In order to install it I had to remove my dash panel and when I put it all back together my instr panel backlighting and a/c control lighting doesn't work. Every other interior light works fine, cd player works fine, all fuses are fine....any idears???

Thanks
  • My dash lights went out after starting the vehicle one very cold night. I heard a click from under the dash when they went out. I checked the fuses and all of the dash light bulbs and they are fine.

Any suggestions?
  • Recently my truck has been making a bubbling sound that I can hear from what I think is behind the dash. Initially I thought maybe its the coolant or the radiator? took it to the dealership and they said thats just what these trucks do after so many years because of a part settling? and that the newer trucks don't make this sound because of a electronic remedy that was made as an improvement... sound like a familiar experience?

Also my factory radio will not illuminate.

And..... now my reverse back up lights will not work?
  • dave8697dave8697 Posts: 1,486
    I'm going to buy a '99 Sonoma with the dash lights out. Did you find out how to fix it? Could there be an inline fuse or a relay stuck open?
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    Are the tail lights working, they are on the same circuit.
  • hi this is my first post my 1992 s1o digital dash cluster went out after i got into a wreck i checked all the fuses and their fine i also wire tested the plug for the display and the only ones that have power are the lights that are on the parking break and check engine lights. is there a relay or an inline fuse that could be out? thanks.
  • sharpspursharpspur Posts: 4
    I still have been unable to find any info on the issue. Really annoying. Yes, the taillights work. In fact, all of the other lights work.
  • Maybe you have a short, does the fuse keep blowing. idk..
  • estaveestave Posts: 2
    2003 Chevy S10 crewcab 4.3L Power locks,windows and mirrors dont work. Replaced door/lock switch dealers shop said it was corroded. Door locks blow fuses everytime. Ignition wire replaced to repair nonfunctional gauges, but cruise control doesn't work either.Help
  • Well if it blows the fuse everytime then you have a short somewhere.
    I'm going to buy a '99 Sonoma with the dash lights out. Did you find out how to fix it? Yes, the tail lights do work. One back up light is out. The cab top brake light cover is melted through above both bulbs, letting water in. When prev owner tried to change the bulbs he said the new bulb exploded immediately so he left them out. The radio display works in daytime and when the sensor senses darkness and turns on the cluster lights and dims the radio display, everything goes dark, the radio and the entire cluster. I called chev dlr and they said they would check fuses, then two different relays and then an in-line fuse. I'm going to start by getting a new cab top brake cover and drying it out in there. Then I'm gonna get a new back up bulb and check all fuses. then I'm gonna try new cab top brake light bulbs. Then I will look for relays under the dash or in the fuse box. I just got the truck 5 days ago and had to drive it up from Fla. Tomorrow's my first day to mess with it. Anybody got any other ideas?
    all fuses chacked and found to be OK. brake 3rd light above cab had holes in cover from intense heat who knows how long ago. holes plugged now with RTV. leadframe assy heat damaged that bulbs mount in. Could heat that melted holes in cover have melted leadframe leads together in plastic housing causing short that killed instr cluster lights? I will be looking for a new leadframe assembly. Anyone know where relays for day/night sensor that turns on instr cluster lights is? Dome light on flip side of 3rd brake light still works.