Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Interior and Passenger Comfort Questions

124»

Comments

• crown5crown5 Posts: 24
    Has anyone had sporadic valve noise on their Nissan versa, mrd 18 engine?
    Our seems to have this problem sometimes at road speeds whether cold or warm.
    2800 km. Would it improve as engine breaks in?
  • YUP on startup cool weather even warm weather & I have my Nissan serviced religously by the dealer OIL & all ... hmmm TG it's under warranty 'cause I do believe it will be a problem I only have 14k on it :sick:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    edited October 2010
    Well it sort of sounds like valve noise anyway, but I've noticed that the Versa engine is a bit noisier this way than the Sentras and Altimas I have owned. My 2007 Versa has almost 85,000 miles on it and is going along just fine. The 2010 is just over 12,000 and performing just as well. Both get that "valve noise" occasionally, but if it really were a low oil or valve problem, I'm pretty sure something would have should up on the 2007 for sure.

New car, new noises to get used to! ;)

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Right especially if valves are sticking.
    It seems lubrication is hit and miss to create such conditions.
    Get ready to litigate later.
    Our 2010 came with two keys including remote lock.
    If you can find 09 documentation on the web(specs and accessory list) it may mention if two keys and remotes come as standard equipment.
    Put a bottle of injector/combustion chamber cleaner and drove about 50 miles.
    Sounds good now.
    I had a friend suggest that factory or dealer gas in the tank could be stale and form gum deposits.
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone know if the seat bottom height adjustment that's on the Versa SL can be adapted to the seat of an S?
    I really wish the seat was lower, but i had to have the manual shift.
    You may have to change the whole seat plus if any electrical including seat belt warning syst. would have to be connected. Talk to a body shop or auto wrecking place
  • Mine is exactly in the same predicament. I just turned 50K and the a/c switch stays on; cannot turn it off. Will go off if I turn the blower off, but that's it. Have not contacted the dealership, yet. Trying to resolve by myself.
  • blendiablendia Posts: 1
    The a/c and rear defroster are on the same system. You will have to replace this part. Mine quit when it was still under warranty and it took 4 months to get parts. All of this was in the winter when I needed it.
  • Ten miles from the dealership, my brand new 2010 Versa manifested its first of several intermittent rattles. They all come from various places under the dash and I have made many, many trips to the dealer over the last 2 1/2 years in an effort to chase them down. Only one has been remedied. I HATE intermittent problems because they rarely occur when the service manager drives it. You end up looking like a whiner. All the trips to the dealer (30 miles from my home) finally wore me out. My 2001 Sentra, with 170,000 miles, actually has fewer rattles! Nissan customer service is friendly, but they basically just run you in circles, back to the dealership.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or did I get Nissan's only "Monday morning" car?
124»