Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Restoration Advice

12345679»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,779
    Be sure to figure out the shipping costs before you advertise, so that you can plainly state what it's going to cost someone to ship to them. Craigslist would be easier, because it's local.

• I am looking for somewhere i can get a loan to restore my 68' Cutlass Convertible. I am working on the engine right now and i have hit a wall. I need the engine at least to be finished before winter really hits.
    It is financed through my bank and I have ok credit. I dont want to take another loan out from my bank. Is there any place that does loans for restoring classic cars? There is alot more that needs to be done but it is in overall good shape and it is worth quite a bit especially after im done.
    I am new to restoring classic cars by myself and helped my dad alot with his 72' Charger but other than that i am lost.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,779
    Don't think this is even remotely possible unless you offer the car as collateral to someone on a personal loan basis (give them the title). Which you can't do because you already have financed the car? Basically you'd have to deal with some kind of loan shark, as this type of loan would be incredibly risky. if they loan you X dollars and you hit more snags (gee, does this ever happen with old cars? :P ), then you'll need Y dollars more, and the lender has a car that still doesn't run if he wants to call in the loan or file a lien against you for his part of the value of the car.

Easiest way, if you can do the homework, is to run up the engine bill on your credit card, and once billed, find another credit card offer where you get zero interest if you transfer the balance from one card to the other.

Or better yet, button 'er up for the winter and start saving your money.

• texasestexases Posts: 5,557
    I agree, you'll be much better off restoring as your funds allow, not the thing to get in debt over.
  • Just want to say thank you to "texases" and "Mr Shiftright" for your suggestions on selling my Volare hood. I appreciate your help.
  • ralph77ralph77 Posts: 1
    i have a 1959 chevy 2 door belair, am thinking about getting a 1960 chevy 4 door belair, the 60 needs a new windshild and i have that in the 59 chevy, will it switch over? what parts from the 59 2door will go on a 60 4door?
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 7,494
    I'd think the windshield would be the same, but worth checking on a Chevy online forum or AACA Chevrolet forum. The instrument panel should be the same (except for minor trim, possibly, and also possibly color). I believe all the other sheetmetal is different from a '59 to a '60. Bumpers? Maybe, but I'd look hard at pics of each car first online. Good luck!
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    I believe that compound wrap windshield is the same on all 1959 GM cars except for the Corvette and Eldorado Brougham.