Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's in Your Garage?

1235»

Comments

• odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    I just posted Part One of our New House video (link provided below). I'm working at taking more pictures to work on Part Two now that the computer at home is up and running.

Link to Video

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Good job Odie.. The music was fine tuned to the construction. I am looking forward to part 2. :)
    haven't really been on in awhile. Plus all the really nice days we have had I've spent driving or playing outside. Anyway the garage should be empty (besides for cars) after this coming weekend. The basement is now finished and I can start to move furniture (book cases, desks, shelving units, and a 800 lb entertainment center) and a heap load of boxes (that need unpacked) down into the basement. I now have my shed for all my outdoor toys, so they are not sleeping in the garage anymore. The only stuff going to be in the garage will be 'The Beast & Quicksilver' (Pilot & Accord) and the massive work center I have.

Back out to finish trying to get my grass to grow.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,078
    What is everyone using for window coverings on their garage windows? I'm looking for something durable (and probably washable) but don't want vinyl mini-blinds. Faux-wood plantation shutters (on the inside) are an option, but they're pricey--looks like over $250 each for two 35" by 71" windows. I also have the windows on an entry door to cover. Any suggestions?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    I don't have anything but how about some of these:

See-Through Window Decal

Or maybe you're married, lol, in which case peel 'em off and stick on your truck window.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I just have 2 old curtain panels (unfortinaly they are plum) hung up over our side window. It was either hang them up or cut them up into shop rags.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
    edited November 2012
    "If you added up everything in the garage it would amount to what, maybe $2,000?" said Arnold. "Sometimes we're not making very good decisions about what we purport to value."

Clutter replacing cars in garages (Detroit News)

Are you one of the 75 percent? The snow isn't flying yet - you still have time. :shades:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,078
    Woah, talk about a blast from the past. As a follow up to my August 2007 post, I bought a set of "washable" light blocking curtains from JC Penney. They worked fine until I tried to wash them about a year later. To their credit, JC Penney took them back and gave me store credit.

I replaced them with the dreaded vinyl roller shades, which have worked fine for the past several years. They have a tendency to blow around in the wind, but no casualties so far.

I know a lot of people who have their attic, basement, and garage filled with junk. My house has no basement, the attic has trusses and can't be used for storage, and I have two cars in my two car garage, so there's not much temptation to fill the garage with more consumer crap (other than the cars).
    edited November 2012
    I'd forgotten the curtain thread. When we moved, the garage at the new place had some peel and stick stuff on the three windows. Reminded me of glass you'd see in a bathroom; let some light in but blocked the view.

After a month I peeled them off and like having the extra light, and being able to see out while I'm messing around in it.

Never heard of a "one and a half" garage until recently but I guess the term has been around a long time. The new garage is like a two and a half one - lots of junk room in the end, even after getting both cars in.

Here is an updated picture of the home for both our vehicles ("The Beast" & "No Name"). The right side with the extra 1/2 car / work space in the rear is soon going to be home to a 15' Pontoon (yes it will fit on trailer in the garage.

Odie
  • not much room for my (I...I mean your) ping-pong table in there, man!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

no, the air hockey table (all 850 lbs of it) went into the den in the basement.

Odie
  • good choice on the air hockey table. Better get it out and use it again! ;)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Here's an idea - clean out your car and mess up your garage. Some of you will be in trouble on both counts. :-)

A reporter is looking for any drivers out there who can discuss the creative ways they've tried to keep their car clutter-free. There are so many gadgets, toys for kids, stuff for pets and other goods carried along in vehicles today, and he'd like to know how you manage or organize all these things inside your car. If you think you have helpful tips or ideas, please let us know at pr@edmunds.com by Monday December 24th.

My vehicle ("The Beast") is usually dirtier on the outside, more than the inside... lol. If its not muddy, you weren't having fun. :shades:

Odie
1235»