Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Navigation System Questions

Comments

• quixotic1quixotic1 Posts: 23
    Thanks for the great offer!

I would like to buy one of those nav DVDs please.

Richard rghastings@msn.com
  • meshuga1meshuga1 Posts: 2
    As far as people not getting the house numbers to work, you need to be careful not to add a space at the end of the number. I discovered that I was doing that, and it would not figure out what I wanted.
  • navguy1navguy1 Posts: 181
    Did you call Toyota with the incorrect routing issue? Hopefully you provided the starting and ending addresses with the street name where this issue occurred.
  • bkushnerbkushner Posts: 10
    Has anyone found an affordable way to watch dvd or other videos on the navigation screen?
  • captnemo1captnemo1 Posts: 4
    Having no luck making backup of GEN 5 map DVD any suggestions?
  • Is there a setting to change to make an image of an Dual layer DVD? Also, I don't see where to set "Booktype" in settings
  • okhkokhk Posts: 1
    I use my camry hybrid out of the States and this is a problem with the radio-station selection as in some countrys the frequencys are not on 90,1 resp. 90,3 but on 90,2 MHz. My radio selects only the 90.1, 90.3 etc.
    Any idea on how to change the radio to select also the 90.2, 90.4 ........ MHz Frequency's???
    Also, the CD-Player does not accept anymore a CD after i tuke out all 4 CD's.
    Somebody with the same trouble??
  • Hi I was interested in the version 8.0 with the speed lockout that you had mention. Can I purchase a copy from you? Thanks, Robert Ruggiero
  • sozobonsozobon Posts: 1
    Want to install a NAV system in my 2007 hybrid - got a NAV system on Ebay (out of a 2007 hybrid) but no installation instructions. Was talking with someone who said that in some instances, in order to make everything work (bluetooth, mic, steering wheel commands, etc) pins may have to be removed from the wiring harness connectors, etc. Some sellers on Ebay advertise "complete" installation instructions - just wondering if anyone out there may have some. Thanks much.
  • dahkneedahknee Posts: 1
    Check for posts by Dang. http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f49/navigation-adding-afterwards-9715/index10- .html. He provided me with a lot of good info.

I also purchased a nav system (E7011) on Ebay (haven't received it yet) and I plan on doing the install myself but I will check with the dealer to see how much they'll charge.

Did you get the E7011? Also did it come with a wire harness & GPS antenna?
    FYI - If your current audio system does not have the premium sound system (JBL logo on the radio) then you will have to add the amplifier to the system to get voice commands for turn-by-turn route guidance.
  • When are new DVD map updates available for the CAMRY navigation system. I have a 2009 Camry hybrid.
    ejelliston
    Toyota just released the new V9.1 DVD map disc. I picked up mine for $199! I bought one 2 years ago for $265.

I also got the part numbers for all the Camry's:

86271-GEN04-09 86271-33049 (2004-2006)
    86271-GEN05-09 86271-53024 (2007-2009)
    86271-GEN06-09 86271-73011 (2010-2011)
  • I just bought a 2008 camry hybrid. when i tried to use the GPS system i noticed that the disk in my car has maps to the USA and CANADA only(i'm not in the us or cananda i bought the car in USA and shipped it over to israel).
    So if someone here can tell me how i can get maps for my country and where can i find these part number for the toyota maps site if i didnt get the original dvd.
  • drod12drod12 Posts: 4
    I just want to make sure I'm buying the right one for my car. I have a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid so, to buy the most updated DVD, I should get the second one (86271-GEN05-09 86271-53024 ) right? I'm not sure if the years pertain to the year it got released or for the year of the car. Please advise. Thank you.
  • I just bought a 2009 TCH with Navi - whose disk is missing.
    Would anyone be interested in selling me your disk?
    Tamir - I would be willing to buy your disk with the USA/Canada maps since I live here.
    Thx,
  • Was this a new car or a resale? If new, why do you not go to the dealer you got the car from and get the missing disc for free? If a resale from a reputable dealer they should still provide it.
  • gfr1gfr1 Posts: 55
    The previous reply was good, but wherever you got the car, the disk should have been included, just as much as the manuals and spare tire. It's part of the vehicle. That being said, if you intend to keep the system up to date, the new disk probably just came out a couple of weeks ago. If you're trying to get an old one to save money, that's another thing, but otherwise, if you had received a '08 edition it probaly was just replaced by the '09 edition, so it'll be new. The year-date version reflects the year the disk was released, so I suspect that the '09 was new around the end of Oct., or early Nov. At least that's what my Lexus date is. It's worth a check, unless, as I say, you would rather get a previous version for less money. If th garage installs it, they will likely charge a pretty hefty fee. Initially, they installed my Lexus disk for $100. and I found out they just lifted the trunk floor, pushed a eject button and put the new one in! -- GFR
  • Ah...upon re-reading my post, I realized that I could have caused confusion.
    I purchased an used 2009 TCH model from a private party - and the disk was removed. Hence I am in need of an navi disk. I do not mind an older - 2008 version if that works, and is fairly cheap. I certainly do not want to pay a full price to the dealer for the 2009 version.
  • Thanks for the part numbers for the new discs. I have been getting the run around from the dealer who sold me my new 2009 TCH. It had the 2007 data V8.1. which was really a problem when we drove to vegas last month. No problem getting there but there are so many new roads in Vegas that I got lost a few times.

I'm going to the dealer (Vernon Toyota, Vernon BC CAN) today and will ask them to supply me with the new part 86271-53024
    Wish me luck. :mad: