Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small AWD SUVs Comparison

1234568»

Comments

• pjackpjack Posts: 3
    Also in the Market for a small SUV. RAV4 is at the top of my list after driving the V6. I drive an 2005 Acura TL and need more room. I'd swear that the my TL has nothing on the performance of the RAV. After just reading my Consumer Reports it turns out that the 0-60 time is the SAME (6.7 seconds. The TL is every bit a sports sedan. While driving the RAV, I had a little grin on my face when I realized I wouldn't necessarily have to give up performance for more room. Consumer Reports has the RAV ranked first in the small SUV category and is the only non-hybrid SUV to get an excellent overall ranking. The Santa Fe finished 2nd and CRV 5th after the RAV4 with the 4 cyl and the Subaru Forester. For some reason the CX-7 was rated with the mid-size (don't know why as it's smaller than the RAV)but it finished 21st!! I'll still drive the Santa Fe, but I am strongly leaning toward the RAV. Already have prices at $400 above invoice and I got that online. I'll pay less and get free oil changes once I get into it at the dealer. Anyway, I know a lot of this is personal choice, so good luck to everyone with their choices.
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Posts: 498
    I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with your choice! I'm just wondering if you considered other sources for your info? Consumer Reports provides lots of info, but they're not the only source. In my research for the CX-7, I also read Road & Track, Car and Driver, Edmunds, Motortrend, even Playboy. Did you know that the CX-7 was Playboy's 2007 Car of the Year? :P

The point being, is that you have to consider many diverse opinions. Consumer Reports was luke warm to the CX-7 but there were many other magazines that went ga-ga over the car. One almost gets "information overload" when trying to decide. :shades:

Vince.
  • pjackpjack Posts: 3
    I have read a few different sources. I happen to rely a lot on Consumer Reports because it includes reliability ratings along with customer satisfaction. I've owned Toyota's before and couldn't be happier with the reliability. Car and Driver also listed the RAV as a top 5 truck and the best small SUV. Like I said, some of this is very much a personal choice and doesn't necessarily make certain choices bad ones. Even listed at #21 the CX7 is still rated "very good". Just gives you an idea of how difficult these choices can be when you have choices of 30-40 SUV's rated very good or above. I may just have to check out Playboy's opinion as I certainly agree they know how to pick 'em!!!I'm sure the wife will understand... ;)
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Posts: 458
    "I may just have to check out Playboy's opinion as I certainly agree they know how to pick 'em!!! I'm sure the wife will understand..."

YES! FINALLY I can truthfully say "I only got that magazine for the articles..." ;)
  • defreitasmdefreitasm Posts: 152
    They wear very few articles in Playboy
  • nmknmk Posts: 111
    They wear very few articles in Playboy: LOL :shades:
  • kmg222kmg222 Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a small SUV with nice features (audio controls on the steering wheel, moonroof, MP3 player, leather seats, etc). However, the most important feature is safety!!
    Is there a good one out there that I can lease for approx. $350/month with zero down?
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Crash safety ratings:

NHTSA (Front Driver/Front Passenger/Front Side/Rear Side)

Santa Fe: 5/5/5/5
    CX-7: 5/5/5/5
    RAV4: 5/4/5/5

Safety features-wise, all are fairly even with perhaps the Santa Fe having the edge with the addition of standard active head restraints.

Having had extensive experience in all three, I would say all three are pretty good. The one with the most bang for my buck - Santa Fe.

Get a test drive of all three and determine which one would fit your needs.
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    I'm also in the market for a small to mid-size SUV or crossover. I want to be able to carry two dog crates, luggage, husband and myself at minimum; might be nice if there would be room for other passengers as well. Because of the dog crates, I would prefer it if the back seats fold absolutely flat.

Fuel economy, NAV, leather seating, also are must-haves. Fun to drive would be a good thing. Comfortable to drive is a must.

I loved the Infiniti EX35 but it's probably too small for our needs.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    Except the Santa Fe is NOT a small SUV...the Tucson would be the more appropriate comparison. Also consider the CR-V, the best selling one of all..... ;)
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    I agree that was a sort of strange comparison, but still... did you realize that post was written exactly 3 years ago? This topic hasn't seen much conversation for quite a while.
1234568»