Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Spectra/Spectra5 Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• rxmacrxmac Posts: 12
    I gotta do this to my silver Spec5! It's amazing how just removing some emblems and adding tint can change this car. It really looks Euro. Or as they would say in the movie SWINGERS... It's so MONEY! Just found out (from my local KIA service manager) that the '05, '06, and '07 Spec5s are (for the most part) mechanically identical. Which means that mods available for '05's will fit 06 and 07's like K&N's Typhoon air intake system (good for 7 more HP, an E-Z install, and doesn't void your warranty). Here's the site: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-5305TP
    There's also a high-flow cat available through KIA-FX's website: http://kia-fx.netfirms.com/estore/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php
    I'm thinking carbon fibre hood and LaMans stripes...
  • 4id4id Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Spectra5 with an auto tranny, and im lookin 2 replace it with the 5 speed manual tranny. Does anyone have an idea where i might be able 2 purchase one???
  • Hey is there any way i could replace the green bulbs with a diffent color bulb? that green is absolutely killing me. yuck! could someone suggest something at cardomain or elsewhere? thanks
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    What percent tint do you have

Steve
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    Talk with Ian Beavis – Vice President of Marketing of Kia Motors of America about building the Kia brand in the U.S. Get exclusive takes from an industry leader about Kia's quality, safety, product development and globalization in the automotive marketplace.

Don't miss your chance to chat with Ian Beavis, a veteran in the automotive industry the inside questions you want to know.

Please join us for this chat with Ian Beavis – Vice President of Marketing of Kia Motors of America tonight from 6-7pm PT, 9-10pm ET

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• whats up everyone my name is ruben santos and i bought a kia spectra 5 2006 blue i got it in october of 2006 i got all kinds of mods down to my car that it does not even look like a kia. in one week i will have a supercharger added to it and thats going to be fun to put on
    here are some pictures of my car under my name
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Posts: 402
    Hi! I checked out your pictures and sent a friend request. Welcome to the forums!
  • Hi,
    Anybody have any clue on finding window visors? I have been searching the net and cannot find any that are specifically for the Spectra5. Are the regular Spectra windows the same as the 5's? I bought my 2007 Spectra5 a week ago and am wanting to customize a bit. Getting ready to tint the windows as well. Thanks for any ideas replied.
  • rxmacrxmac Posts: 12
    OK, 31k miles later and I couldn't resist doing some work on my Spec5. I started with tinted windows and de-badging a-la red00lght's car. Then I removed the stock ground effects and installed KIA's tuner body kit with cat-back exhaust. I liked the results so much I just kept going... Cold-air induction, larger throttle body, headers, straight through pipes to the center exiting cat-back dual exhaust. Replaced the mags and tires with 18" TSW mags and Hankook performance rubber. Chucked the stock speakers and installed an Alpine head. Replaced the black gauge faces with silver and installed a carbon fibre interior trim kit. Very happy with the results so far. Check her out, pictures on my profile. Thanks to all for the inspiration!
  • I just bought a new in-dash dvd/mp3 stereo for my spec5, but i wanted to install it myself... I dont want to pay the guys at CarToys to do it for me... can anyone explain how to take the panel off so i can get to the harness
  • Take medium size screwdriver and insert it between the bezel and the dash on the right side where the vinyl upper dash meets the plastic lower dash. Pry out gently. It will come about a half inch out. Use your fingers and go all around the bezel. It's a little stiff but will come out. The bezel is just a snap in component. Next you have to unplug all the electronics and controls to get thing totally out. Go to StreetKiaz website and you will find many How To's on mods for your car. I wrote a lot of them.
  • I'm probably going to pick one of these up at a local dealer. its an 05 spec5 with about 34k miles on it. :shades:

I've been looking everywhere, but I'm not sure what a nice site is for some modifications. I'm going to start small, cold air, possible body kit if they have it. and also, I'd like to see if they have an auxiliary hookup for the sound system, so I can plug in my zune.
  • My son had a parking lot mishap and the plastic headlight lens was broken on our 2001 Spectra. What is the proper name of that part? I can't seem to locate replacements on any of the auto part websites. Any tips on replacement or difficulty?
  • Never mind, forum people. I realize now that it is part of the headlight housing assembly.
  • tsmith10tsmith10 Posts: 1
    Thats a nice interior you got there jcj8008. How much did that cost?
  • jobyjoby Posts: 1
    I am having a lot of trouble with the drivers seat. I cant get comfortable. It is too stiff ij the cushion and the back rest is narrow and sooo stiff also . Any suggestions,Im really stressing .250 miles on car and am ready to trade?
  • djuice03djuice03 Posts: 1
    how did you remove all of your emblems on the exterior specifically the kia logo?
  • This is also a project that i would like to do, has anyone gotten back to u on where to get a manual transaxle and all other pieces?
  • dawnmgdawnmg Posts: 2
    I have had my KIA '05since Sept. 2005. My early gas mileage was 15mpg. They kept telling me it would improve. Now I get barely 18.5 in town and a big 22.5 on the highway.
    Now I do have the automatic but the sticker mpg was for the automatic and it said I would get 28 in town and 35 on the highway. Now that gas prices are so high, I am a bit miffed.
    dawnmg
  • dawnmgdawnmg Posts: 2
    A few days ago some kids rolled a pick up wheel down the hill and and after took out my mailbox, it swerved into my rt front fender. BIG dent and two creases.
    The total cost for repair will be $767 but I have $500 deductible.
    I am looking to buy the fender and metal thinga ma jig that goes around the wheel well since the part is pretty economical. My buddy will come back from Iraq in Nov and he will put it on for me..
    Problem is, I can't find any fenders listed anywhere. Dealer wants $181 but I can get it, if I can find it, for $50 less including shipping. Anybody know where I can find one?
    dawnmg
    :shades: