Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 vs Nissan Sentra

2»

Comments

• Well it is kinda, sometimes when a Nissan fan like myself posts something praising the SpecVs and such some Honda person comes out of the woodwork and starts telling me how the Civic Si or Hondas in general will smoke the SpecVs or Sentras blah blah blah and all. Hondas are the ones who sport "i-VTec DOHC" stickers on the cars. It could be said that Hondas are the kings of talk because the most of the time the only energy being produced is the Honda driver running his or her mouth about how they can beat this and that car. You don't see us Nissan people doing that, we don't need or have to trash talk we know we have great cars.
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    It could be said that Hondas are the kings of talk because the most of the time the only energy being produced is the Honda driver running his or her mouth about how they can beat this and that car. You don't see us Nissan people doing that, we don't need or have to trash talk we know we have great cars.

HA! Have you been to the sentra ser forums? They are filled with this kind of stuff! :blush:

ANYBODY is capbable of running their mouth. Its not limited to a specific brand loyal group.
  • Pot calling the kettle black. :P Actually what you have said is incorrect, I have been to them and they are filled with other brands' fans putting Nissan's down. Nature of competition, when you're the best everyone is out to get you fans included.
    actually the last time i checked it was 2 nissan guys arguing which gen. of ser was faster. I went to post on that forum flabbergasted( always wanted to say that. ;) about why the whole 'smoked' term was used, seeing as how 'smoked' usually means besting the other car by a wide margin.

And even then i expressed interest in the car, its availability with an auto and its adundant torque.

But when you go in with the childish '_____ sucks' comments, you are just asking for it. Geez it wasn't even a si vs. se-r thread. And if it was, i'm pretty sure your posts would be along the same '___ sucks, nissan is better' lines, which unfortunately makes for very poor conversation but does make for some great 'at james31278's expense' entertainment.

:)

Nature of competition, when you're the best everyone is out to get you fans included.

no one is the best. Just proves my point.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    Please check the topic title, this discussion is not about Hondas, VWs, or your personal opinions of each other. If you wish to exchange any further personal "pleasantries", I suggest you take it outside..preferably in email or you can also go over to www.carspace.com and use the chat feature there.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• james31278james31278 Posts: 78
    Wrong topic. Hahaha.
  • james31278james31278 Posts: 78
    Well this is the Mazda3 vs Sentra topic.
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    I am torn between these two cars. I like the power of the MS3, and the fact that you *could* fit three people in the back. Price of MS3 is great for what you get.

I test drove an 8 and was blown away with how it cornered, and how it took the twisties. The RX8 seems more sporty - it's RWD, has a great shifter, and looks more agressive when fitted with the appearance package/body kit.

for those of you who have had a chance to test drive them back to back - what were your thoughts or observations?

the RX8 only fits two in the back, and I might need to fit more than 2 people in the back of my next car...so I'm reluctant to get an 8, not to mention bad MPG and reliability issues...but it was so much fun.

you guys think a MS3 would outrun an RX8 on a twisty backgrod...or would the RX8 just walk awawy from teh MS3...in a straight line the MS3 would outrun an 8...but what about in the twisties???
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    the RX8 only fits two in the back, and I might need to fit more than 2 people in the back of my next car...
    The RX8 is a sports car not a sedan. I'd only have 2 in the back of an RX8 if the trip was short or the occupants were four legged. More than 2, yikes! If you only use the backseat infrequently, then go for the RX8.

Your dilemma is the classic one of heart over head. If you find yourself making excuses for getting an RX8, why fight it? :)
2»
This discussion has been closed.