Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Yeah, I've seen the fenders and understand where you're coming from. I've also seen what Poison Spyder Customs is offering in the way of flat/tube fenders. :) THAT is the way I'd go on the JK. :)

-Paul
  • I agree about that roll bar. It is so close to my head. I'm fearful that hitting a certain bump at a certain speed will result in an impact on the head.
  • Check out http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/legends/heritage/index.html
    for pictures and comments on 65 years of Willys and Jeep . :D
  • does anybody know the towing limits on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited equipped with an Automatic transmission? is it the same as the manual? (3500lbs).

Thanks
  • pkearpkear Posts: 26
    According to what I know which corosponds with the info at jeep.com it depends more upon your rear end gear ratio than transmission with auto and manual being the same. Now despite what the ability is of any vehicle you should have things like a transmission cooler if you are going to tow in the upper limits of your ability or for long distances at any weight.
  • At 998 miles driven (252 on this tank) I'm getting 15.3 mpg. Less than advertised...but when it's summet time and the top is off...YOU KNOW WHAT ! :P
  • We drove the 4 dr Wrangler Sahara hardtop on and off pavement. It was o.k., but overall not that impressive. It was/felt/drove 'big' compared to our 2 dr Unlimited we were looking to trade in. The 'new' engine, as others have mentioned, really,really needs more power. For the money DC is demanding, we expected more. After 5 Jeeps, perhaps our needs/wants have evolved. We paid $3,000 less and got a much quicker, more flexible vehicle for our needs here in WY, a '7 Xterra Off Road. Whereas, our 2 dr. Unlimited was fun off road, the X is fun on and off road.
  • Hello. Will some kind soul please remind me how to add photos ? Been there , done that...promptly forgot ! :sick: Thanks.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,942
    The easiest way is to upload them to your CarSpace page with the Add Photos link under one of your Albums (or create a new album).

Then when you click on one of your photos, a box will flop up with the html code you need to paste here to either link to your photo or put a photo in a post.

Here's the help faq about uploading photos to your CarSpace page.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• toostoos Posts: 12
    Does anyone know what percentage of 4-DR UNLIMITEDs are sold with manual? I also would like to know if anyone has data on the reliability of the 42RFE auto transmission.

I am interested in the 4-DR Sahara Unlimited, but cannot decide between the 6-speed manual and the 4-speed auto. I test drove both and think the auto makes more sense for me, but I want reliability and I have no idea how the auto compares to the manual in cost of ownership/reliability. I usually drive my vehicles up to 200k. Just lost my JGC to a deer and the Wrangler Unlimited 4-DR seemed a good replacement choice.
  • Our salesman (EMPHASIS ON SALESMAN) said they sell "...far more automatics..." . With this new Jeep the old adage holds true : After a short few days (the stick) becomes automatic . I sometimes forget that there are SIX gears however ! :surprise:
  • toostoos Posts: 12
    The salesman I spoke with said the same thing, more automatics than manuals in the 4-DR. Last year he said it was more 6-speed manual. I like manuals, but I drive through Northern Virginia traffic (like driving thru downtown Bangkok, constant stop and go). I guess the reliability of the 42RFE auto is my biggest worry. I can't seem to find much about reliability by Googling it. If it weren't for the traffic, I'd go with a manual, but with the traffic the auto wins, unless there are reliability issues.
  • This reply is for the person who asked about the Rubicon appearing unbalanced when it is NOT full of gas. Sorry, I clicked out of the site and lost your name .
    Anyhow , I'm a fat guy and I notice no imbalance . :confuse: Can't imagine what information your salesman has that would prompt him to tell you that . Remember: They want to sell you cars , get you out the door , and never see you until you want to buy again. Even if there are great humanitarian-salesman out there , it's best to be skeptical and act like they're all trying to screw you (us). ;)
  • Any of you owners of the 07 notice a slight sagging of the left rear sagging? Really bugs me. The dealer told me that once you put a full tank of gas in it will level out since the fuel tank is situated on the right side. I don't want to have to have a full tank of gas for my jeep to look leveled. especially when i'm sitting on the side that is sagging.
  • I'm considering an 07 Unlimited Sahara 4WD and have a few questions for those who have one (I've never owned a Jeep before):

Sunrider Top - Easy to use and flip back? Easy to take off and store the whole soft top? How's the noise on the highway with the soft top?

Windows - With a soft top, is it easy to scrape off ice? How's the visibility in wintry conditions? Defrost work on plastic?

Manual - I hear there's no space for your left foot to rest when it's off the clutch. How uncomfortable is it?

Cloth - Is the premium cloth what it's cracked up to be? I have a dog... is dog hair easy to come off? Does it hold smell?

Kayak - Anyone using a kayak rack? Wondering how it's working for you.

THANK YOU! :)
  • nolid5nolid5 Posts: 148
    Based on the title of this thread I'm not sure all new owners read this, but I know there are a few on this board that could help 2007 Jeep Wrangler
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    1. I've heard mixed reviews on the Sunrider top. It was available on the previous TJ's. Some loved it - some hated it.
    2. Soft windows cannot be scraped unless you love scratches or tears. You can frequently get inside and kinda tap-tap-tap on the windows from the inside to get stuff off them, including ice. But it works better once they've warmed up a bit.
    3. Don't know.
    4. If it is like the TJ's cloth, should be no problems to clean. Most cloth will hold smell over time. Just a question as to how you maintain it (and the dog) :)
    5. Don't know.

-Paul
  • Thanks, Steve , :D for the tutorial. Just finished Seventh Tank of gas : 17.9 MPG . :D
    Heh, now you need to start taking photos of the odometer rolling over. I can envision a whole album of shots like 1,000, 2,000, 10,000, 20,000 .... :shades:

• I've never been able to figure out how the axle ratio affects mileage or acceleration - or if it does. My Jeep Cherokees have always included factory installed tow packages but my days of serious towing are over (sold the boat!)

If I get the tow package from the factory I get a 4.10 axle ratio, otherwise it's an option. The standard is 3.21.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm seriously considering the 4 door Wrangler (Sahara). Thanks.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    There are really two ratios that affect mileage and acceleration: the axle ratio and the transmission gear ratio.

Generally, to get better mileage you want the engine to run slower (RPMs) which requires higher gear ratios. Acceleration requires horsepower and you achieve that with greater RPMs.

tidester, host
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Arrrrg.....................RPMs!!!!!????? :sick:

RPMs are in good company with VIN numbers and ATM machines. I usually pick on fellow posters for SHOUTING, but hosts in automotive forums really SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!! (irrational rant over).

There, I feel better now. :shades:
  • Thanks (I think). Let me re-state my question. If I get a 4-door Wrangler with 6-speed manual what difference will there be between the 4.10 and 3.21 axle ratios. Axle ratio is the only variable. So there are two questions:

1. Which axle ratio will give me the better gas mileage?
    2. Which axle ratio will give me the better acceleration?

BTW - closely related to this - does anyone know which axle ratio the Jeep Wrangler was equipped with that was featured in the article that claimed 0-60 in 9.7 seconds? (Article referenced in previous posting.)
  • goducks1goducks1 Posts: 432
    The lower ratio (3.21) will give you better mileage, the higher one better off-the-line acceleration.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    I usually pick on fellow posters for SHOUTING, but hosts in automotive forums really SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!!

i'm sorry mac i will try my best not to use uppercase letters since you have overpunctuated your message i hereby resolve to balance the situation no longer will i use punctuation marks they too can be an annoyance thanks for your input there i feel better too

tidester host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    :) OK, I think we've equalized the uppercase and punctuation situation.

Now, if we can just deal with the occasional superfluous plural? :P
  • :confuse: I just bought an 07 wrangler x and it dont sag at all.You must have a spring problem,Let the dealer check it out.

• Thanks, goducks1, for the reply on axle ratio. I went by the Jeep dealer today. I'll go back for a test drive but I'm pretty sure there's a Wrangler in my near term future. I'm inclined to go with the 4.10 and hitch. This is my run around car. I'll be doing very little highway driving and mileage is not a major concern.

Does anyone know when the half doors and top will be available? The salesman couldn't say. I'd swap doors and tops every spring and fall.

Has anyone ordered a Wrangler from the factory? What's the wait time?
  • Hello. I waited 9 weeks for my half doors. They initially said 6 weeks .This was back in November .
This discussion has been closed.