Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    At least for now. Europe's diesel market is much stronger than the diesel market here.

Again, wait until the new diesel fuels are here in the US.

-Paul
  • I think for what the wrangler was built to do, the 4.0 I6 was, and is the best (gas) powerplant they could use. It has lots of low end torque, built like a tank, lasted forever. Guys who are buying wranglers for road trips, etc won't ever benefit from a wrangler, no matter what motor it's running. It's simply not the vehicle for that. It's ment as an off road machine. You need lots of low end torque for that...and a small v6 just isn't going to provide that. If you can, get the diesel if they take the I6 away (and you plan to do any thing offroad.
  • Image hosting by Photobucket">
    The front bumper is covered in plastic . The hood and grill looks like that renegade liberty . Available 18" dubs ? 17"s on the rubicon ? Why ? Bucket seats in back? Is it wider cause we are fatter ? Trails are narrow around here. Its longer so it will high center easier. Power windows ? Whomever they marketed it for wasn't me .

With negs out of the way I do like the idea of bigger tires . 32s are not bad . I like the tow package offered on the X that includes a rear 44 w/ a locker . 6 speed . I am glad they still offer half doors and a soft top . I havent made up my mind if I like it or not .
    Have you compared the specs of the JK versus the current TJ? I'm not all that sure that it is that much wider when you go from the widest points (wheels). Yes the body may be wider, but notice how those 32's just fit in there just fine with little apparent sticking out. My 33's stick out a good bit with the stock wheels.

As for the bumper, fuhgedaboudit. That's what aftermarket is for. :)

Bucket seats in the back would probably HELP those sitting back there while wheeling, if you have passengers. My back seat has been out for a while now, so whether it is bench or bucket (I forget ;) ) is irrelevant.

The 18" wheels for street driving would probably make for a fairly responsive drive versus the taller sidewalls of offroad tires. Be realistic, what percentage of Wranglers actually see trail time? I'm thinking it is not even close to 50% - probably closer to 15% and even that may be high. Those 18's will appeal to those who want to have a rugged vehicle but keep it on the street. I look at it like this:

That is a potential used vehicle for me that I know will not have been offroad and be a GREAT selection for me when the used ones come on the market. :) I'll keep the 18's for street use and get some good offroad tires/wheels. :)

Length is rather irrelevant. I've wheeled with Cherokees, GRAND Cherokees and Libertys. Wheel length was irrelevant. If you notice the JK's t-cas is tucked higher than the shovel we have now - unless you go with a tummy tuck. I've seen several Unlimiteds wheel just fine. I'll take an experienced driver in an Unlimited over a newb (like me) in a SWB Wrangler any day.

-Paul
  • Thanks for the positive reply to my rather negitive post ! All of you points are right on and make good sence . :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

I think you are probably right about lenght . I know there are many benifits to a longer WB and the only drawback would be high centering but as you state the belly is tucked and the tires slightly taller and with a locker in back sounds like the pros are outweighing the cons on that one .

I may just be afraid of change to my all time favorite . Im will be keeping a open mind and looking forward to seeing and driving one this fall .

• Has anyone heard any rumors about the new 3.8L? I was wanting to see the torque curve. The new engine makes slightly more torque than the 4.0L but I was wondering where it made it. Hopefully this engine will get better mpg ratings than the 4.0L. Has anyone heard anything about that? I know that there are some people who like the L6 engine, I'm one of them. But I need the JK to be a daily driver too so mpg counts.

Dose anyone have an opinion about the new convertible top? I realize that if the cabin is longer then the top will be longer and with a bigger hard top it will be more difficult to find a place to store it when it's off. So considering that it makes sense to be able to brake it down into three pieces. I still haven't made up my mind if I like the new top. It seems to me that it might leak. Not right off the show room floor, but eventually. Hopefully if it appears to be a pain there will be aftermarket solid hard tops.

I don't think I like the plastic fenders. I'm more fond of the TJ fenders. However, if you beat up one of these on the trail then to replace it requires little or no prep work such as painting. Just bolt it on and your good to go. If you look closely at all of the new plastic on it you'll notice that it's all around the lower edges. This is where most of the off-road damage will occur, right? So therefor it seems like Jeep wants you to be able to just bolt on replacement part without having to paint them or prep them.

But those are just my opinions. All car comments/replies are welcome. :)

Thanks,
    Aaron
  • I think the first thing I would do is paint the fenders. I have never been a fan of black plastic flairs.
  • karluverkarluver Posts: 3
    I agree with you 100%. Paint the fenders! If I wanted to have cheap after-market fenders on my jeep I would buy them myself!
    :P
  • karluverkarluver Posts: 3
    I want a new Scrambler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:
  • jimlw2jimlw2 Posts: 122
    I'm still undecided on the new Wrangler. I am tempted to trade in my wife's Liberty and get a second 2005 or 2006 Wrangler before they are no longer available new. However, I must admit, I think my wife would be more comfortable in the new Wrangler thanks to items like the power door locks and windows as well as the potentially easier roof configuration of the new hard top. Personally, I wouldn't want power door locks or windows in a Wrangler but I can see why people would like those little "perks".

The thing I like the least is the plastic front grill. It's almost the same plastic front grill found on my wife's 2005 Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountain Edition. I guess the old-fashioned, heavy-metal of a Wrangler front grill seems more appropriate behind a serious winch and/or after-market bumper.

Just my 2-cents worth...

• mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    The plastic grille doesn't bother me at all, but maybe that's because I have several rust spots on the grille from rocks etc. and not having touch up paint around. For that reason it seems reasonably sensible.
  • aljodoroaljodoro Posts: 5
    I read the Rubicon has a unique 4wd or AWD system? There were no further explaination. Can anyone provide more details on the driveline systems available? Thanks, Al
  • jcountsjcounts Posts: 2
    This should be a no-brainer. The CRD engine for the Wrangler is an export only option. It can't be due to emissions , because the 2.8 is certified here in the Liberty! what gives??? Man, if they offer it eventually, I'll buy one the day I find out about it!Anyone have any leads/educated guesses?
    and the new diesel requirements in the US. I think you'll see more diesels available after that as the new diesel is supposed to even meet California spec requirements. At that point, I would expect to see more of those DC diesels in vehicles other that MB.

-Paul
  • dkoopdkoop Posts: 26
    Anyone heard anything about the first official showing of the new 4 door wrangler? :confuse:
    This should be a no-brainer
    Except that DC is playing the typical german head up their butt game. I think they are scared stiff of the crd 2.8 here in the states. I still see a lot of issues over on the Libery CRD forum. A lot of people are still spending a ton of time at the dealer fixing their jeep CRD. It's really too bad. Getting this drive train right for the US is really a no-brainer.
  • Nothing yet on the 4-door other than April 12 is the start of the NY show where it's scheduled to be unveiled. I would keep an eye on www.jrations.com and http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/news/ as they seemed to be the first to post info on the 2-door JK just before it was unveiled in Detroit in January.
    Check this link for promo pics of the 4 door.
    http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1022
    Now show me diesel and I'm a buyer!!
  • jacknimblejacknimble Posts: 171
    looks pretty good with the half doors.
  • nolid5nolid5 Posts: 148
    pic was a little large so i'll post the link 2004 Jeep Rescue Concept
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Posts: 156
    I am concerned about the integrity of the 3 piece roof. Lots of potential for leaks, drafts, vibration etc. I actually wish jeep would have come out with a real hardtop option like the rescue for those not inclined to remove the roof. Oh well, wait and see...
  • Actually, I saw 2 vehicles, 1 red and 1 military-metallic green, both Rubicons. They were called Jeep Unlimiteds.

I was never a huge Wrangler fan (looks-wise), but these new 4 door versions are definitely winners. I was able to get up close to one of them (the green one) and ythis version had its roof completely removed so I could get a good look at the interior space as well as the roll bar layout.

There is just SO MUCH room iside these new Wranglers its just fantastic.

Absolutely no problem hauling 4 people with a ton of gear. Lots-o-legroom in second row and a huge "trunk" capacity.

Roll bar looks a little weak, but covers the entire open roof square footage.

Looks absolutely cool with roof completely removed and doors left in place.

Gotta be quieter on the road with this new configuration as well. :D
  • millionmillion Posts: 1
    I am new to the site and have some questions:

On the new 2007 Ulimited, will there be the option of 2 or 4 doors?

Also, is it true that there will be power doors and locks? I heard that you will basically plug/unplug the electrical connection when installing/removing the doors.

Finally....when will the 2007 really be available?

Thanks for the help!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Are there mileage ratings out for the Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimiteds yet?
  • drewmeisterdrewmeister Posts: 168
    Here's my understanding of the facts so far, as they relate to your questions.

No option on the Unlimited for 2 or 4 doors. The Unlimited will have 4, the regular Wrangler will have 2.

There will be power door locks and power windows. Since the doors are removeable, a plug connection similar to the hard top wiper connection already in place seems likely. So, future owners, put your windows down before unplugging!

The regular new Wrangler (JK) will be this summer, and the best date I've heard for the four door is 4th qtr of this year (sometime after August).

Jeep has updated the Unlimited 2007 sections on it's website. Many cool new pics. Hope that answers a couple of your ?'s...
  • xthecatxthecat Posts: 30
    I'm really big on the "new" model. Any chance that the new 3.8 V6 will be better on milage, say mid to high 20's MPG??
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    High 20's isn't really possible, but I hope close to mid 20's highway. Maybe 24MPG highway.
  • funpilotfunpilot Posts: 66
    I was told at the NY Auto Show that it would be 17-21...
  • clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 154
    I have read that the 4 door comes first then the 2 door a month of so later.

So which comes first? The 4 or 2 door. It's an age old question. The chicken or the egg? ;)
  • clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 154
    OH CONTRAIRE!<SP. MY 4L 6 CYL HAS 183,000 AND NOT A DROP OF OIL EVER! :)
This discussion has been closed.