Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 4x4/Transfer Case

2»

Comments

• yes i am from canada an d GM canada is useless Gm as a whole does not want to help customers , I had this truck at the dealer numerous times just to hear (WELL WE DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH IT) my last 6 trucks were GM THIS IS THE VERY LAST GM PRODUCT TO BE IN MY DRIVEWAY
  • Bought Colorado new, had 4 wheel drive selector replaced twice in first 2 yrs. won't go into 4 wheel low. goes into 2 wheel and 4 wheel high easily. Try low, light flashes and then goes back to 2 wheel.
  • i took it to a dealership they told me i need a new transfer case.I push the button and it grinds and jerks but the 4 wheel drive stays engaged and moves jerks and grinds real bad.Any suggestions?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,125
    If you would like for us to check into anything further with you and your dealership, joshw1, we're available to you. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a brief summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I have a 04 colorado, and I have been having problems with my 4x4 as well. When I try to engage it, the lights keep flashing and it goes back to the 2wheel position. Sometimes you can hear it engage, and it says its engaged, but it isnt??? It's been in the dealership a few times for it and they dont know anything???? (Yeah right) I ended up putting in a new transfer case last year, and now its doing it again??? Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this problem.
    Please let me know if you do.... Thank you so much!!!
  • Hey Josh, I seen your post and my 04 colorado has been doing the same thing.
    Ive brought mine to 3 dealerships, and no-one seems to have a clue.... they all told me the same thing they told you. A new transfer case. well I put one in, and now the new one is doing the same thing that the old one and yours is doing... Go figure... If I hear anything I'll let you know. Please do the same. Thanx and good luck...
  • Yeah my truck is doing the same thing. and I was told that I needed a new transfercase, so I put one in and a year later its doing the same thing. And no-one knows a thing??? Its also been at 3 different dealerships, and chevy customer service here is a joke as well... its probably a $3.00 fix and they wont admit it. So many compliants and they dont know what the problem is???
    yeah right...
  • rmikolajczykrmikolajczyk Posts: 13
    edited August 2013
    In December of 2012 I reported that I couldn't get trans to go into 4 wheel low. My fault, you have to put in neutral to select low.Therefore no problem with 4 wheel drive !
  • rmikolajczykrmikolajczyk Posts: 13
    edited October 2013
    Have a major leak in rear wiper hose. Squirts water at right side of dashboard where it meets windshield. Is there an easy way to get to hose or do I have to remove dashboard? If have to remove, what is easiest way?
  • Hi I have a 2005 4x4 Gmc Canyon with 199,000km and the last couple of days I've been getting this thud thud thud sound from the drivers side floor only when its in 4x4 cant hear anything when the window is down ..... Is my front diff ready to explode or maybe a bearing?

• vaalixvaalix Posts: 1

You guys have to be stopped and in neutral before you can put it in 4 low. Also, try not to ever 4x4 on the fly it wears some part down rather quickly.. Last, these trucks, most of them, have automatic locking differentials, which means you probably don't even need to use 4x4.. hi or low... And 4x4 low is low gear... meaning for towing something under 30 km/h... These trucks also have transfer case issues and should of had been recalled.. Every single one of them has a clip inside that wears a hole in the csae which results in leaking fluid out and burning out the gears... Don't Think I will buy gm every again..

2»