Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Owner Experiences

Comments

• I recently bought a 2001 v8 access cab 4x4
    and I notice a vibration at about 45 mph
  • I RECENTLY PURCHASED (5 DAYS AGO) A TUNDRA ACCESS CAB, 2 WHEEL DRIVE, SR5. THE DEALERSHIP MADE ME A FANTASTIC DEAL ON A 2001 THUNDER GREY METALLIC COLOR. THEY DID NOT QUESTION MY DESIRE TO HAVE THE EXISTING BRIDGESTONE TIRES SWAPPED WITH A UNIT THAT CAME WITH DUNLOP TIRES. THIS TRUCK FOR ITS SIZE IS SMOOTH, POWERFUL, CLASSEY AND HAS NO VIBRATIONS AT ANY SPEEDS. TRUE TOYOTA QUALITY. MY PRICE OUT THE DOOR WAS $24999 INCLUDING SR5, TOW, KEYLESS /ALARM ENTRY, FOG LAMPS, CD/AM FM, MATS,ALLOY WHEELS/265/16 TIRES. A GREAT DEAL ON A GREAT TRUCK WITH NON EXPLODING TIRES! MY WIFE LOVES IT TOO!
  • I purchased a 2001 Tundra,4dr,4X4, SR5 a couple months ago. No problems, no vibrations at all at any speed. I looked at all the full size trucks and can honestly say they all are well built. It came down to a Chevy Silverado SL and the Tundra. Small differences between them made my choice the Toyota. I am a repeat Toyota owner and have been happy. Friends of mine own Chevy trucks and are happy as well. Other Tundra owners I have spoken with ALL claim NO problems.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    The tundra owners that I know seem to have more problems with their Toyota dealers than their truck. Don't know if its the same in your area.
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Posts: 1,006
    Obyone is a sicere Chevy Silverdo owner who is trying to help Tundra owners understand how bad off they really are!!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    If you're gonna' post the same message on different boards, try and use spell check on at least one of them.
    incurred when cutting and pasting without rereading what one has typed....LOL!!
    Ohhh Jeeez! I'm sooo humiliated by you chevy spelling bee weiners....er...winners.
    own a Chevy.....let's not get this mixed up.
    Your both posting in a topic named "Toyota Tundra Owners: rate your truck", even though neither of you own one. Can't get more mixed up than that!!!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    If only Tundra owners posted there'd be like what; 2 or 3 people???
    my humble opinion, that there would actually be two consistent posters to this topic....LMAO!!
    Keep on LYAO...you still got a lot left to laugh off!! ;)
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Posts: 324
    Ok I will rate my truck.. the one I am paying for.. on a scale of 1 to 10.. 9.99.. it runs on gas.. expensive gas.. it would be my perfect truck if it used water..
    did you read my profile...see my dream car
  • hddnqvhddnqv Posts: 1
    does anyone know why the Tundra's glove box doesn't have lock on it ?
    Same hydrocarbon compounds. Octane may be off by as much as 93 though...as rwell says...still LMAO!!
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    I did not notice lack of a lock. But I don't remember the last time I locked my glove box. Had a friend in high school - he kept his locked even when nothing of value was in it. Someone broke into his car - and because it was locked the jerks thought it must have something good in it. They took a crowbar to it. After that he did not lock it - because it did not have a door.
    I checked your profile before... I guess I forgot your dream car is something that ran on water...
    passenger side rear view mirror.. the housing is fixed on one position.. and I think the housing is angled too much towards the inside.. for me to get the perfect angle of the mirror.. I have to push it outwards to the point where I see the housing.. so I use about only 90% of the mirror.. I see the the reflection of the housing at the outer edge of the mirror..

man I confuse myself sometimes.. anybody understood what I said?! :o)
    but what can we do about it?
    I put on those fish eye angle mirrors.. stupid me I put it on the outer edge.. now I see even more of the housing!
    Have you tried the mirrors on the silverado? I hear from the chevy guys that they are much, much better! Did you drive the Silverado before buying the Tundra?
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    The Tundra passenger side rear view mirror is already wide angle, so the use of a fish eye is redundant.

I have not noticed a problem with adjustment on mine. The mirror housing is designed to pivot in case of impact. It may be slightly knocked inward. I would grab the entire mirror housing and make sure that it is centered. There is a detent when it is correctly aligned.

Take the fisheye and put it on the driver's side. The driver's side mirror is not wide angle. The fisheye should go on the outside edge of the mirror for best effect. There is a good article in www.tundrasolutions.com which tells the correct way to align the mirrors.
    where ratboy3's head is positioned in the cab. Seen some guys lean on the center console and position their head towards the center of the cab. Is this the problem ratboy3? Of course, the opposite could be true as some lean on the door and drive....weird habits die hard.
    I tested the Chevy and the F150.. didnt have a chance to test the Dodge.. they were all very good.. came down to what I liked the most..

I do have the fisheye mirrors on both sides.. I will just reposition the one on the passenger side.. going to place it on the upper inside corner..

Yeah driving positione has something to do with how the mirror angles work..
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    The gas cap door! It has no inside the cab release. You must take the key out of the ignition to unlock the door. If that wasn't bad enough - when you take the cap off, the holster on the gas cap door does not hold it very securely. This normally wouldn't be much of a problem, but it is difficult to pump gas without bumping the cap and making it fall out of the holster!

I am so upset about this problem that I am thinking of trading it for a Ford! LOL
    I don't blame you as it seems Toyota has been cutting corners on this and other issues. Maybe you could tie a string to it. Another option is to bend the holster for a better fit...LOL!! Screw the ford, wait for the full sized Nissan coming out and you can trade the Tundra for it. Don't forget to remove the bike rack tho.....
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Its obvious Toyota owners don't know what a HP/Torque curve is, if they did they wouldn't have bought a Tundra....
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Lets get this room started...
    How you Tundra boys liking those open rear diffs??
    Love that TRD package too!! Throw on some Bilsteins shocks and springs, a sticker and some larger offroad tires and wammo@! an extra 4K added to the price of the truck!!