Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Owner Experiences

Comments

• rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Posts: 1,006
    The best place for answers is found at; tundrasolutions.com
  • A few deal exist for leftover 2000 Tundras. Have they fixed the "vibration problem" or would it be better to wait and pay ~1,000 more for a 2001.
  • You face an instant $3500-4000 hit on depreciation if you buy a 2000. This would matter not a bit if you kept it 5 years. But if you got a vibrator and wanted to dump it, you lose big on the 2000. Be safe. Get the 2001 model.
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    They are the same truck. Get the 2000 if you can save $3-4K. Warranty will cover the problem (if you have one - 1% chance)

OR

Wait for the 2002 model - when Toyota gets 25 more HP, 32 % more cab space, better MPG, rear seat that people can sit in, higher tow capacity, larger bed, locking rear end, autotrac and bow tie - no wait that is the 99 chevy. LOL
    Normally they wait 3 years then change, but you never know.
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    You are right - should not expect any major changes to a new model for at least 3 years. Most companies make some small changes, maybe increase HP by 10 - or add a few new colors. Maybe change the location of the clock!! Which seems to be about the biggest complaint most Tundra owners have.
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Posts: 324
    is in awkward position! haha.. I should be thankful it has a clock.. my Tacoma didnt have a clock
  • I agree! My last two trucks did not have one either. I love having the clock in any position on the truck.
  • tractiontraction Posts: 141
    From a 10/12 AP story that Bridgestone/Firestone
    Inc. "tested a tire model made for two Toyota
    vehicles after small cracks were found on the
    sidewalls, but both companies said Thursday that
    the problems appear to be only cosmetic."

They said that the " Dueler HT 689 model, size
    P265/70R16, was standard equipment on some of
    Toyota's full-sized Tundra pickup trucks and its
    new 2001 Sequoia sport utility vehicle until last
    month when the cracks were discovered."
  • tractiontraction Posts: 141
    "Toyota now refusing to use Bridgestone/Firestone
    tires after discovering cracks

Toyota has informed Bridgestone/Firestone that it
    will no longer accept tires that fall under the
    Bridgestone Dueler brand name after Toyota
    discovered "abnormal surface cracks"; in new tires
    that come as standard equipment on such models as
    the Toyota Tundra, according to CBS affiliate WWJ
    News Radio in Detroit, MI. Surface cracks, if they do appear on tires, do not usually show until the near the very end of a tires life. This newly discovered problem could also lend to the argument of safety advocacy groups that quality is still an issue at Bridgestone/Firestone."
  • I recently bought a 2001 v8 access cab 4x4
    and I notice a vibration at about 45 mph
  • I RECENTLY PURCHASED (5 DAYS AGO) A TUNDRA ACCESS CAB, 2 WHEEL DRIVE, SR5. THE DEALERSHIP MADE ME A FANTASTIC DEAL ON A 2001 THUNDER GREY METALLIC COLOR. THEY DID NOT QUESTION MY DESIRE TO HAVE THE EXISTING BRIDGESTONE TIRES SWAPPED WITH A UNIT THAT CAME WITH DUNLOP TIRES. THIS TRUCK FOR ITS SIZE IS SMOOTH, POWERFUL, CLASSEY AND HAS NO VIBRATIONS AT ANY SPEEDS. TRUE TOYOTA QUALITY. MY PRICE OUT THE DOOR WAS $24999 INCLUDING SR5, TOW, KEYLESS /ALARM ENTRY, FOG LAMPS, CD/AM FM, MATS,ALLOY WHEELS/265/16 TIRES. A GREAT DEAL ON A GREAT TRUCK WITH NON EXPLODING TIRES! MY WIFE LOVES IT TOO!
  • I purchased a 2001 Tundra,4dr,4X4, SR5 a couple months ago. No problems, no vibrations at all at any speed. I looked at all the full size trucks and can honestly say they all are well built. It came down to a Chevy Silverado SL and the Tundra. Small differences between them made my choice the Toyota. I am a repeat Toyota owner and have been happy. Friends of mine own Chevy trucks and are happy as well. Other Tundra owners I have spoken with ALL claim NO problems.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    The tundra owners that I know seem to have more problems with their Toyota dealers than their truck. Don't know if its the same in your area.
    Obyone is a sicere Chevy Silverdo owner who is trying to help Tundra owners understand how bad off they really are!!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    If you're gonna' post the same message on different boards, try and use spell check on at least one of them.
    incurred when cutting and pasting without rereading what one has typed....LOL!!
    Ohhh Jeeez! I'm sooo humiliated by you chevy spelling bee weiners....er...winners.
    own a Chevy.....let's not get this mixed up.
    Your both posting in a topic named "Toyota Tundra Owners: rate your truck", even though neither of you own one. Can't get more mixed up than that!!!