Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Owner Experiences

Comments

• Funny thing is that the F150 when it debuted mysteriously resembled the already available Toyota T100. Number one selling truck or not, the F150 definitely took styling cues from the T100...

I have read this in several places. I guess that kind of ends your argument doesn't it?
  • Is your V6 Tundra quiet? What about power in the 60 - 80 mph range? Passing power? Do you have the 5 spd or Auto. 9.1 seconds 0 - 60 sounds pretty good.
  • When I first got it back in July 1999, it was too quite. 30000 miles later it makes just a little noise to make it sound like a truck. Thats outside though, inside still is very quite.

I have the manual.

Passing power is good, but you have to be careful and shift out of third to fourth without redlining it.

The 0-60 is by Motor Trend. I have never timed it.

I have driven the auto-V6 combination and it did not feel any different in performance. These new ECT transmissions keep the power much better than they used to.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    and that's why ford slammed the door on toyota when they wanted to name the tundra the T150. Pretty picture aint it. hehe!!
  • leo2633leo2633 Posts: 589
    Hello,

My Dad just bought an '02 Tundra SR5 extended cab V8 4x4. Being a lifelong do-it-yourselfer, he is curious about oil changes on this vehicle and would like to know the following: 1) does it use a replaceable "crush" washer on the oil drain plug and 2) is there an on-line source for Toyota parts (specifically oil filters) where he can buy in quantity and save some $ on OEM filters?
    Thanks in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Len
  • toddstocktoddstock Posts: 268
    Here is a place where he can get that stuff in quantity... They also give fantastic deals... Good luck...

http://www.toyotaguys.com/disspec.html

• If any body has gotten a good deal (close to True Market Value) in Atlanta lately I would like to know where. Every dealer I have talked to wants to hold the MSRP minus $400-$500. Want a Tundra Sr5 Access cab. So I need a good deal . They don't seem to care if I know how much they paid for the truck. Interested in a V8 , pwr pkg, 3 in 1 stereo. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
  • riceyricey Posts: 2
    Does anybody plow with their TUNDRA? If so, what type of plow are you using? (myers, fisher, etc.) And how has it performed? Feedback greatly appreciated.
  • hutch7hutch7 Posts: 88
    I just ordered a 4X4 SR5 Acess Cab with EVP convenience package, TRD package, anti-locks, 3-in-1 ETR cass/cd. I'm going aftermarket for the hitch/bedliner and nerf bars. By far the best deal was a Roswell Toyota. I paid invoice (he got to keep the 2% holdback) and got 3yr 0% financing. I delt with the sale manager directly.
    His name is Kevin Wheat.
  • I am very interested Hutch7 to find out what invoice price is for your newly ordered Tundra. I am looking at buying basically the same Tundra, except I don't want the 4wd. I have just started inquiring at the local dealers here in Northern California and so far none have been too eager to disclose the invoice figures. In fact, one dealer tried to convince me that I should have accepted as true the "invoice" figure he had written on a recipe card. Can you believe it? I guess I will have to be more assertive next time I make the dreaded trek out to the dealer lots.
  • hutch7hutch7 Posts: 88
    My method for buying the Tundra for invoice (the 36mos. 0%APR was just gravy) was going directly to the sales manager with my Edmund's vehicle worksheet. I customized the truck I wanted and just showed him the sheet. His numbers matched the Edmunds numbers exactly. He just went into the computer and found the truck I wanted, the deal took 15 minutes. The hard part is I have to wait two more weeks for my truck!
  • hutch7 I am also looking at Tundras in Atlanta.
    The best price am I finding is Edmunds invoice +
    S/E Admin Fee (~$550) + Doc Fee(~ $300). Did you
    pay all these fees or did you pay invoice + 2% dealer hold back + No Doc fees? Thanks
  • I'll be sure and give Kevin Wheat a call in Roswell. I have been all over, 'cept there.
    I appreciate the big clue.
  • dmetzgerdmetzger Posts: 160
    Any body have a Tundra V-6 X-Cab 4X4 5-Spd manual supercharged truck. Want to know what you think about the setup with the 5-Spd.
  • Another V8 is coming soon, a 5.4 liter.

V6 will increase to 3.7 liter.

In 2005: the redesign year;
    extended cab long-bed
    crew cabs
    duallys
    3/4 and 1 tons with solid front suspension
    a diesel
    V8 with a manual

Preparation for 2005:
    Explain to toyota salesman what a dually is used for or any heavy duty for that matter.

Explain what towing restrictions mean.

Teach service department how to work on such a truck.

Build separate facilities just for trucks at the dealerships.
  • 2drive2drive Posts: 90
    So apparently there may be a new Tundra to try to keep up with the new Dakota when it comes out with the 350 hp 5.7L Hemi V8 on the new 140" wheelbase.

But to need to "Explain to Toyota salesman what a dually is used for or any heavy duty for that matter"......... that's pathetic!
  • "......... that's pathetic!"

You talking out the Tundra or the salespeople? (hehe)
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    What I think is pathetic is Big2 buyers depending on salespeople to educate them on what to buy. Seems like the fox guarding the henhouse. Wouldn't it be better if Big2 purchasers actually knew something about trucks before buying one?

Quad bought a '99 Silverado and has unloaded it in already. Could it be that he was just trying to get out from under the lemon? Could it be that he really didn't know what he needed? Could it be that the saleperson told him what he needed?
  • Stop masturbating...