Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Owner Experiences

Comments

• ak4x4ak4x4 Posts: 126
    Are you a tree hugger or something?? It's funny you owning a Mutt V8 and all... Are you an idoit or something?? Take a look at who I work for you moron! Why don't you go back to Iowa and walk around with the other idiots. It's evident that both Mod and Obyone know nothing. Considering that "all gearing ratios" are the same according to MOD and OBYONE. I guess that means that a Kia can pull as much as a Rado ot Tundra. But that dosent matter because we all should have bought Kia Rios because it dosen't matter what the gear ratio is it's all the same whether you own a 4x4 or 4x2.
    Why don't you list what you own??? Are you in the same boat as Obyone??? But you're right all gear ratios can pull the same. You guys are idiots!. I guess a Kia can go just a fast as a Ferrari or Lamborghini then. After all they are all the same. Idiots
    I wasted my money on a Rado and you guys on a Tundra. After all we could have spent half and had just as much tow capacity. After all, all gearing ratios are the same right?? I guess we could have bought a car for that matter!
    Why are you even posting here??? Like me you are a Rado owner. Yet all our gear ratios are the same so it dosen't matter. All you should check his out his stupid comments in the Rado forum. Hey OBY, learned how to use ABS brakes yet?? No you don't pump them! This guy does not even know how to use ABS brakes!!! After all we all have the same thing according to him right??
    It's nice that I paid less for my 1500 then you did for your 2500. I know you have a bigger truck in all, but we both have the same tow capacity right?! Glad I saved that 3 grand. Obyone really saved the day there!!! Maybe he should look at what he's got. But delete ABS because he does not know how to use em!
    You can modify you car/truck what whatever you want. Put NOS in it. Don't worry you'll get a new truck. After all according to Obyone you have a warranty after you modify your car..
  • arkie6arkie6 Posts: 198
    I'm sure glad you represent the Chevy crowd with your Silverado.

I'm sure this discussion on GM gear ratios, 4x2 vs. 4x4 for towing, dual exhausts, and melted spare tires on the Silverado would fit in better in one of the Silverado topics, wouldn't it? And ak4x4, I'm sure your vast intellect and clear concise writing style would be much more appreciated over in one of the Chevy topics.

I've always wanted to visit Alaska, but now I'm having second thoughts.

How about let's getting this thread back to the topic at hand: Toyota Tundra OWNERS: Rate Your Truck!

The only thing I'm going to say at this point about the Tundra is that after having mine for 2 years to the day tomorrow and having put 26,000 miles on it, that I can't think of another truck that I would rather have for my current needs. No regrets whatsoever on my purchase.

Alan
  • kg11kg11 Posts: 530
    why should only us GM owners benefit from AK's vast knowlege?"I'm sure your vast intellect and clear concise writing style would be more appreciated over in one of the chevy topics."
    I'm thinking it would fit better on the wall of the boy's bathroom at the junior high school he attends.
    kip
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Hey, can't you read. According to Ack I own a Tundra...well no, he changes that to a 2500. Boy I'm glad we got that all straightened. So since I own a Tundra/2500 would y'all care for me to share my opinion on it? Thought so....

Mod, do you know the name of that village?...I seriously need to call them.
    F1, I have never seen a dual setup on a Tundra. It would be cool to see one. I see it alot on Fords and Gm trucks. I am sure you have seen what I mean. Maybe the Toyota has a different setup then the Gm Trucks. But th eproblems that they talked about were due to dual. A single like yours would have worked fine.

Arkie: I never said it would melt the spare! Where did you get that?? I just talked about removing the spare. with Dual's on the Silverado a full 3 inch dual system would work, but they have to custom bend the pipe on the driver's side to get around the spare. They simply reccommended that I take it off like other owners have to make the system fit.

And Oby:When I said "Mutt" engine I was referring to your 2500's engine/tranny setup. If you indeed have the Allison tranny. If not then disregard the comment.

And thinking off the top: If you put a full 3 inch dual exaust close to the spare after time the rubber would actualy start to melt. Those who don't belive me do this: Take a old used tire and then take a lighter to it. Hold the lighter there for say 10 min or so. The rubber will start to melt. I am not saying it will melt to the point where you cannot use the tire, but a portion will be melted.
    Hey Oby I never sid this:

No one makes this as it would cause too much of a loss in backend pressure...2.25" is the max the pipes should be in dual form.

F1 said that. Get your story correct. I would appreciate if you did not mis quote me. And read the conversation again, it should become clear what we were discussing.
  • Oh yeah, I forgot. By his own admission, obyone's truck qualified for the lemon law and has spent more than a third of the year at the dealer for repairs.

What a source of embarassment this must be, spending $30K on a lemon.

I hope obyone sticks around on our Toyota threads, though. Despite his efforts to "slam" Toyota, he provides the ultimate example of why Chevys should be avoided.
  • arkie6arkie6 Posts: 198
    TRD makes a dual exhaust for the Tundra (side exit behind the rear wheels). Borla does also (dual side exit). Bassani makes duals also, either dual side exit behind the wheels or duals straight out the rear. Bassani are the only true duals of the three mentioned above, but they are also not CA approved because they eliminate the 3rd cat on CA models (non-CA models only have 2 cats). There may be others, but that is all that I can think of at the moment. Of course, there is always the custom route using the mufflers of your choice. I've never heard anyone have any problems with clearances around the spare tire.
  • f1julesf1jules Posts: 288
    "No one makes this as it would cause too much of a loss in backend pressure...2.25" is the max the pipes should be in dual form.

F1 said that. Get your story correct. I would appreciate if you did not mis quote me. And read the conversation again, it should become clear what we were discussing."

Nope, I didn't say that.

BTW-all the dual exhaust kits I've seen for the Tundra come out of one single muffler with two exit pipes. Each one is routed to each side behind the rear wheels. Even the dual exhaust on my '94 Mustang wasn't a true dual system. It had an X pipe between the headers and the mufflers, I think there were a couple sets of cats in there somewhere also.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    Unless you replaced your stock H pipe, the Mustang did have true duals(since'85, actually) The H pipe simply connects the two sides of the exhaust to even out exhaust pulses. Adds quite a bit of torque or "tourque" if you're from Alaska.
    I realize that but since they are connected I've always heard that it isn't really a true dual exhaust. More of a distinction for the smog check places than anything-they only have to sniff one pipe instead of two. Guess it's just semantics.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    That's interesting. In Clark Co.(Vegas) the smog nazis most certainly use 2 probes!!!

I agree with you on a "Y" pipe set up(2 in 1 back to 2) that was on the '84 and back stangs and even my 460 powered trucks(talk about instant power gains opening those exhausts up!) but the H pipe connector has at least 6" between the pipes and the diameter stays the same all the way back.

The aftermarket X pipe even keeps the same diameter of pipe but uses a siamese set up when they meet. Supposedly a NASCAR trick to add power.
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    First - you have to post a .jpg file to a website. You can use your personal website or one of the many photo websites available.

When you have done this - post the link in this format in the text of your post:

{img src=http://www.postyouraddresshere.com}

replace the left and right brackets above with the < and > characters respectively.
    And so do you with that one star side impact rated truck...which proves that Toyota does build crap....though its not often, they did in your case.
  • Isn't is strange that obyone, by his own admission, owns a bonafide lemon-law qualified Chevy that spends 4 months a year at the dealer but seeks "vindication" for his plight by brooding in Toyota threads at Edmunds Town Hall?

I hope obyone sticks around in our Toyota threads, however. He provides the ultimate example of why Chevys should be avoided.
  • You people need to stop bickering. What is the point of getting another thread locked. The one common characteristic of Toyota truck related discussions seems to be childish back biting. I don't know if this is common to other truck discussions but it doesn't make me want to buy one and that's for sure.

Perhaps you should all take this off line?
    And you drive your coffin.....which is worse?
    A last my truck isn't a lemon! But that's besides the point. You make fun of me, but you don't know how to use ABS correctly?? Also according to you and your pal Mod all gearing is the same! So you have a 2500 and I have 1500, I suppose we have the same tow/haul capacity right?? But what about that Kia, It has the same also, not to mention that Honda CRV. I guess I wasted my money on something where I could have gotten a much cheaper truck and had the same thing! So according to you, A Tundra and Tacoma have the same tow capacity?? what do you smoke all day?? Also, about our "Lemon 2500" the only major "lemon" problem is the Allison tranny. That's it. But again you put GM dexcool in your Tundra, so I suppose you put Whatever Toyota uses(I don't know what the use, I suspect it's the same)In you 2500.
  • What HAVE you been smoking? You can't DRIVE coffins, silly!!! But you can drive lemons - even if it's only 8 months a year, right?

Isn't is strange that obyone, by his own admission, owns a bonafide lemon-law qualified Chevy that spends 4 months a year at the dealer but seeks "vindication" for his plight by brooding in Toyota threads at Edmunds Town Hall?

I hope obyone sticks around in our Toyota threads, however. He provides the ultimate example of why Chevys should be avoided.
    Here you go, hopefully.

For AK's sake, could you take a pic of where the exhaust burns your spare? I'm really curious about that....in fact I'm sure it would be a point of interest to the aftermarket exhaust company too.
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Nice pictures. It looks like you got the technique of posting pictures down.
    Smoking the good stuff again?? maybe I should demonstrate how ABS works for you.

F1: Take a look at any 01 Rado. I don't know where the spare is mounted on your Tundra so I can't comment on that. Everyone in this forum has seen what I am referring to. Just 2 straight pipes coming out of the back. Alot of Rado's, Ford's, and Dodge's have em. It's not hard to find them. The problem is on the '01 Rado's you would need to custom bend the 3 inch pipe to go around the spare. But when you do the gap is minimal between the spare and the pipe. Now, keep in mind that a 2.25 inch pipe in dual would work without any custom work. But a dual 3 inch dos require some custom work. And F1, the setup is similar to your Tundra...I know I CAN do it ad don't mind doing it it's just that warranty issue. I know I can get around that. But I do want a spare. Ask your guy what he thinks about a dual setup 3 inches on a 01 Rado. I just want to hear his concerns if he has any...
  • Why don't you have OBYONE demonstate how ABS brakes stop faster on gravel and snow!

Afterall, ABS pumps brakes 30 times a second, which only a superhuman could do (his words, NOT mine!).