Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Owner Experiences

Comments

• jowensjowens Posts: 2
    may not help you but a buddy of mine who works at a car shop and is kind of in tune with this sort of thing.... he found that at 20-30 and at 40-50 there was a slight vibration. the local toyota rep said that the center bearing had to be shimed down with washers to line up the drive shaft better. alot of washers! like about 1 1/2 inches or so worth! it worked though. the toyota dealer had already replaced the rear end and the wheel bearings and that didn't help. try it out and see if it will help. good luck.
  • jowensjowens Posts: 2
    check the above posts, you may find your answer there about the vibration.
  • I noticed that the Toyota.com website is advertising the 2006 Tundra V8 as 271 hp and 313 ft lbs torque. That is a drop from 2005 which was 282 hp and 325 ft lbs torque. Does anyone know if this is just a misprint or did they do something to detune the engine? If so, what a step in the wrong direction.
  • tundradudetundradude Posts: 588
    its just because the SAE has been calculated differently, true for most other cars as well
  • Problems since I have owned the truck: bought new in 2000
    front brakes completely rebuilt at 36,000 miles tsb
    o2 sensors replaced tsb
    warped exhaust manifold
    front brakes need replacement at 70000(pads only)
    Has anyone else had problems with warped exhaust manifolds? I have anothe one again at 70536 miles
    k
  • Looking for some instructions for programming a keyless entry remote for 2004 Tundra Double Cab?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I had the same prob, found out only the dealership can do it.
  • I am interested in any and all info on the FTX.
  • Does anyone have any real mileage results on a 2005/2006 Tundra Access Cab with 4.0 V6 and an automatic trans?
  • 12361236 Posts: 34
    Ordered a 06 4X4 Tacoma DC LB. Waited 3 months for the one with side curtains steering wheel controls etc. Test drove it at the dealership & didn't like it! Felt like a honda with a 4" lift.
    I decided to stick with the Tundra Access Cab as I've owned one since 00 with 200K Miles & not a problem.
    Here's my problem, in California I am unable to get a 4X4 Limited Access Cab with the Nav system, Heated seats, Liqui Gel leather faced seats, & Sunroof. I know Toyota make them. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction where I can find this truck? I am not bothered about travelling to another state to pick it up, figured if I am going to have it for the next five years I might as well get what I want.(I know I can probably do the nav & sunroof aftermarket but I've never had much luck with aftermarket products)
    Any advice or direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • I own a 2002 V8 Tundra extracab. Last Jan. I hydroplane and spun 180 degree on the 105 freeway at 70 mph then smacked against the center divider cement blocks sideway. Most of the impact was absorbed by the rear tires and axle, with minimal rear bed damage. I was able to start and made a U turn on the freeway and continue on to LAX. My insurance paid out about $3000 in damages. However, ever since I could hear this strange metallic clicking or scraping noise coming from somewhere around the rear wheel. The noise is very low and comes on when going 35mph or more. I can't seemed to determine what it is or what is causing it. It does not affect the performance of my truck but just curious what's causing it. Any idea or suggestion would be appreciated.
  • Have been seriouly looking at the nissan titan but was leery of several post so decided to look at other trucks looked at everything available since our town was having a tent sale this weekend all dealer's in one location. Looked at dodge,nissan,honda and headed to the toyota, chevy dealer and my wife and I were discussing on what we were going to later test drive, as we entered the rear of the toyota dealership I spotted a 2004 toyota Tundra Limited Double Cab I told her I wanted to look inside since the dealership hadn't had a limited on their lot at least not the past month weve been looking. Well we eneded up buying it.

I've only had it for about 7 hrs as I write this so please inform of all the good and bad about this truck hadn't researched this paticuler model so hope I didn't goof anyway here is what I got a 2004 maroon limited double cab 4x4 with 4200 miles on it, ended up giving $27800.00 plus differnce I still owed on my other vehicle and good ole tax,lic.so grand total was right at 31,000.00 it was previously owned by the service mgr's daughter and husband and they told me they traded due to gas prices and mileage and purchased a new tacoma I think they will miss this truck hope this truck will be reliable as other owner's claim it to be
  • I bought the same model to replace a 2004 Sienna and have been completely happy with it. Other then normal maintenance over the last year it has not been in for service for anything else. My two previous Siennas were frequent visitors to the service shop. I have been very impressed with the ride as it is very smooth and in winter conditions it handled very well. At this point I have no negative concerns other then I sure wish I could pass those darn gas stations without trying to veer in.
  • I just picked up a new Tundra DC yesterday. This truck is really quiet and very smooth on the highway. I drove it over a mountain pass today and averaged 20.58 MPG. I thought that was amazing considering it has less than 500 miles. I am looking forward to following the Tundra forums.
  • sfh1sfh1 Posts: 8
    Congratulations on your new Tundra!

Interesting because your story is similar to mine. I was seriously considering the Nissan Titan -- LOVED IT. The Titan was so much fun to drive and none of the domestics measured up. I looked at every full-size truck as well as Dakota, Tacoma, and Frontier (and I think Frontier is easily the winner of the mid-size trucks). Didn't like the Tundra SR5, but I test drove a low-mileague 2004 Limited and loved it. I made an offer and exchanged 4 or 5 calls with the sales manager. I think they were going to sell it to me when someone walked in off the street and bought it. AH well . . .I went to the Toyota dealer and bought the 2005 model for about $5000 under sticker (but about $4000 more than the used vehicle).

When I bought my last truck, I chose Dakota over Tundra because Dakota was so much more fun to drive. While that was true, I still wish I'd chosen the Tundra because the Dakota spent too much time in the shop for my tastes. I was worried about the same thing with the Nissan, so I opted for the Tundra D-Cab. It's a fantastic ride with plenty of room in the cab. While it's not as much fun to drive as Titan, it meets my needs for a truck and is very comfortable.

I've added the K&N drop-in filter, an Access Lorado Tonneau, and custom hitch cover.

You didn't goof. You'll love your truck. $27,800 is a great price on the 04 with under 5k miles. The one I almost bought was about the same and had 12k miles.
  • The price on the Titan was hard to pass by. A couple of my friends questioned why I choose the Tundra over the Titan. I prefer the more conservative style of the Tundra, plus I like the more plush interior.

I can't wait to pull my travel 4,000 lb travel trailer after the break in period. Planning a camping trip in the rockies in 2 more weeks. My previous vehicle was 99 Trooper which pulled the trailer okay without a reserve for passing slow traffic. Trooper was much easier to park then the long DC Titan.
  • Thank's for all who have replied to my new purchase have been out last couple evenings just joy riding and getting a better feel for the truck so far enjoying the truck.

(SFH1) I agree with you the Titan was alot of fun to drive this was the truck I was going to buy but the interior felt really cheap and I'm pretty hard on my vehicles plus the titan did offer alot of neat features for the money,I believe the tundra was the better choice for me at this time will wait to see ya never know ????
    I had also test drove the dodge ram quad not enough rear room for my needs, the new tacoma trd little rear room as well looked at the following vehicles Honda ridgeline several neat features, dodge dakota, chevy avalanche outdated look inside and out, and then this tundra showed up so I said heck well drive it as well and the rest is history
  • btdbtd Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2005 Tundra three weeks ago. Noticed there was no dip stick to check automatic transmission fluid. Advised by dealer to bring the truck back after 30,000 mile to have transmission filter and fludi changed. First why would they do away with the ability to check the fuid? I've always performed maintenance on my trucks. How hard is it to service the transmission yourself? How does the fluid go in?
  • jeredjered Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how I can get a copy of my Toyota Tundra's Original Window Sticker. It's a 2005 Access Cab.

Thanks Jered
  • jeredjered Posts: 2
    I just got an 05 SR5 Access Cab with a 4.7 V8 and am got 19.3 on the interstate. It does drop to about 16 around town. The only thing I have added is a tonnau cover over the back. The only one I could find made for the stepside is an axcess cover.
    Jered