Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems and Repairs

Comments

• the change of breaks, exhausts, tyres do not count in the equation of the warranty preservation; only the SERVICE counts (and that in the USA. In Europe, the warranty is not affected if the right service steps / procedures are carried out).

The only thing you will loose will be the Mobilo breakdown recovery (if you do not service in the MoB network)
  • Jesus Christ! Holly Moses!!Almighty Allah!!

This is a $33 part that takes 20 mins to screw on (including refilling of the gerabox)!!!! This is borderline criminal!!!
  • I am currently in the process initiating a legal case (with sweet overwhelming evidence) against MB UK and a large franchise dealer.

The case is complex (both insurance and and supported by substatiated evidence.) and the claim is supported by one of the best legal firms in UK.

I am interested to find people out there (USA or Europe) with issues with their MB's shortly after their warranty expired (the famous 50-50 'settlement of the bills) so that I can push for a class action (my lawyers will decide on the base of the evidences)

Transmission, electrics & electronics, steering racks issues, all welcome.

Thanks

Paul

PS I am already checking on Lexus (IS) and BMW (Alpina D3). These are A-'class' cars not C-class...lol
  • My garage told me I need to replace both Oxygen sensors.at a cost of $1400.00 I can purchase Bosch Oxygen Sensors for less than $200.00 each. Can they be replaced myself easily and do I have to reflash the memory as recommended by the garage?
  • rdf63rdf63 Posts: 4
    I have a 2000 C230 with 93,000 and the engine light came on. Before going to a dealership and getting consumed try the following because it worked for me. I purchased Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner and put it in the gas tank when it was almost empty. I drove the car for about one week and the check engine light went off. The reason was the Fuel System cleaner works well to keep the gas clean and as a mechanic told me, it often takes 15 - 20 cycles (drives) before the engine light corrects itself. It took about 5 days for the problem to stop but hope this experience helps.
  • rdf63rdf63 Posts: 4
    I have a 2000 C230 with 93,000 and the engine light came on. Before going to a dealership and getting consumed try the following because it worked for me. I purchased Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner and put it in the gas tank when it was almost empty. I drove the car for about one week and the check engine light went off. The reason was the Fuel System cleaner works well to keep the gas clean and as a mechanic told me, it often takes 15 - 20 cycles (drives) before the engine light corrects itself. It took about 5 days for the problem to stop but hope this experience helps.
  • I have a C230 Kompressor 1999 model, on the instument cluster there is a warning light coming some times and then not while driving. The idication says BAS ASR, I think it has something to do with the traction control, but are not sure. Any advise.
  • My air compressor won't come on. Checked the charge, looks to be in the high range, so not low. Checked fuses, both A/C fuses are OK. Any suggestions, besides $95/hr at the dealership to find the problem?
  • Before changing a weak battery, computer wasn't allowing transmission to shift, among other things. New battery cleared that but now hazard lite and master door lock buttons don't work and mechanic can't reset service due readout in spite of using his 'key'. Instrument motor(s) were acting up too, but don't hear that now.
    SRS lite on too, which traces to driver's buckle, although seems ok.
  • dpt1dpt1 Posts: 1
    recently bought a used C 230 for my son with 40,000 miles still under factory warranty, a couple days ago it started responding as if it was in sport setting or like a manual transmission even in the comfort setting. when you take your foot off the accelerator or coast down a hill, there is a pull on the engine, like it is still engaged, much like you feel with a manual transmission. took it back to the dealer who drove it and of course said it was running fine and just as it is supposed to, but im not stupid. ive owned mercedes, BMW, hummers, ford, dodge, subaru and the list goes on and i can tell when the engoine is still engaged, my thought is in an automatic it shouldnt be if you are coasting in the comfort or auto setting with it in drive, it shouldnt pull on the engine like a manual when you let off the gas. any help?
  • How does one turn the alarm off from sensitive??? If a truck goes by the alarm goes off?? Any suggestions????? :confuse:
  • I have a 2006 MB C230 that I purchased brand new in Germany. I have had problems with the transmission slipping since day one. Well finally my car is in the shop as I write needing a new transmission. I have 67,000 miles on it. I was driving down the highway when it seemed to shift in first or second. My RPM went up to almost 6 and I started losing acceleration. When I pulled over to the side of the road, my car wouldn't move. I turned it off and back on again, put it in drive, and it would not budge. Would not reverse either. Had to call tow truck. My car has been in the shop for 5 days and MB is telling me I need a new transmission!!! Warranty just expired!!!! Any suggestions?? How do we go about making them recall? I have read about this from other owners. Kelli
  • Get rid of it! I own a 2006 MB C230. I bought it brand new and picked it up from the assembly line in stuggart Germany and have had transmission problems since day one. I should have gotten rid of it when I hit 50,000 miles. My car is in the shop right now needing a new transmission!!! Only has 67,000 miles. I have been the only owner and driver!! Very dissapointed! Thinking about going back to a Honda.
  • whitey9whitey9 Posts: 138
    BOTH!?! Why? To help them make their BOAT PAYMENT? RE-FLASH? Why?
    You must be a LOTTERY WINNER. I have a bridge in Arizona for sale if you have any money left after you leave your garage.
  • whitey9whitey9 Posts: 138
    A little gray card. There is a credit card-like card that has the radio "code" on it.
    It SHOULD be in your owner's packet IN YOUR GLOVEBOX. Without it, you might get the code from the dealer if they perform a "VMI". The code MIGHT be correct if the radio has never been replaced. Or if the tech updated the new code number if it has been. Otherwise, the code may be accessed by using the radio serial number and calling the "radio code dept.", or accessing the vehicle's "service history". After that, it is a simple matter to enter the code using the pushbuttons on the radio faceplate. GOOD LUCK!
  • lmodenlmoden Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me some instructions on 1)where is the mas air sensor and how to change it
  • rwitcherrwitcher Posts: 1
    have 2000 c230 with 108000,
    i had to removed the windshield wiper motor and replace a nut on the regulator, when i completed it i could not move any of my window up or down and the side view mirrors would not move. i check all fuse. and all are fine.
    any suggestions.

thanks ,
  • ubruceubruce Posts: 3
    Hello paul, my email address "nowurclean@yahoo.com" Im having transmission problems that will cost over 3,000 and brought from a local dealer (automax)respected dealer in killeen, texas 2006 c230, warranty expired 50,069 miles and transmission went out and everyone is passing the buck and says they will pay 50% of the parts and i will have to pay for labor, parts so instead of 4,000 i have to pay 3,000 lol! I had it taken to a MB dealership and was told that there was no maintance on the transmission and that is the reason why it went out and automax says they did but, its going back and forth and to make it so worst i went w/o a car for 2 days and @ first they didnt even want to give me a loaner car they advised me to go to enterpise but after complaining they had me have to drive a hour to them to get the car... very disappointed.. also on the c230 says(MFG Component code 103000 power train:automatic transmission) recalled still nothing please let me know if this was of any assistance.thank u
  • ubruceubruce Posts: 3
    my email address "nowurclean@yahoo.com" Im having transmission problems that will cost over 3,000 and brought from a local dealer (automax)respected dealer in killeen, texas 2006 c230, warranty expired 50,069 miles and transmission went out and everyone is passing the buck and says they will pay 50% of the parts and i will have to pay for labor, parts so instead of 4,000 i have to pay 3,000 lol! I had it taken to a MB dealership and was told that there was no maintance on the transmission and that is the reason why it went out and automax says they did but, its going back and forth and to make it so worst i went w/o a car for 2 days and @ first they didnt even want to give me a loaner car they advised me to go to enterpise.
  • creditman1creditman1 Posts: 5
    Fuse box is most likely melted. Thats how I found my problem. I'd be driving and out of know where the alarm would go off and would not stop blowing till I pulled the fuse out.