Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems and Repairs

Comments

• daolindaolin Posts: 1
    I hope it is not too late. The seat problem can be fixed by change a relay in your trunk. It's called seat adjust relay, part# 0025422219, costs $24 in napaonline.com

Dealer wanted to charge $500 for it, took me two year to find out the cause.
  • lucky42lucky42 Posts: 1
    Hi I also have the same problem you are having I don't know if you still have the car but my 2007 c 230 is acting just as you describe. I don't know what to do I don't have the money to fix it I call Mercedes dealer they telling me is the transmission speed sensor. Just the part cost is 800+ labor god knows how much that will be. I have been reading this is a common problem with 2006-2007 c230 models. I just called an attorney to see if I can start a class action suit.
  • We currently own a mercedes C250 (2012 model) and have had it for about 8 months. On July 15, 2012 around noon PST, our car was idling at an intersection when it suddenly shut off as if it did not have any power or fuel. We had half a tank of fuel at the time so it was not an issue involving lack of fuel. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this kind of problem? Perhaps it has something to do with the turbo engine, direct fuel injection, or fuel pump? maybe it is just a Mercedes C250 specific issue? Also, I understand there was some solar flare activity that took place on July 15, 2012...perhaps this has something to do with it?
  • We currently own a mercedes C250 (2012 model) and have had it for about 8 months. On July 15, 2012 around noon PST, our car was idling at an intersection when it suddenly shut off as if it did not have any power or fuel. We had half a tank of fuel at the time so it was not an issue involving lack of fuel. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this kind of problem? Perhaps it has something to do with the turbo engine, direct fuel injection, or fuel pump? maybe it is just a Mercedes C250 specific issue? Also, I understand there was some solar flare activity that took place on July 15, 2012...perhaps this has something to do with it?
  • qchandqchand Posts: 1
    I had the same problem in my C230 2007 model, it won' accelerate sometime until i shut down the car and restart and runs normal ( no engine light ) got this vehicle scanned and it got three major error codes from computer memory,
    Transmission modulator valvue something
    Speed sensor modulator
    etc.

Taking this car to dealership today for another diagnostic and see what they say about it.
  • lnowelllnowell Posts: 6
    I hope you didn't pay for all the I think its this, nobody could give me a definite answer so I had to trade it in.
  • mbe320mbe320 Posts: 3
    Had a similar problem on a E320 1999. It turned out to be the CPS (engine crank position sensor). The engine shuts down immediately and won't start at all for safety. If you had a simial symptom then it may be the same problem.

Otherwise there are other things. Is there any check engine light on ? (I didn't have any before). You may buy a $99 computer reader tool to plug under the dash to be able to read any error codes and get an idea on what could be happening.
    find yourself an Indy mechanic. I mean someone who works on Mercedes and or other european cars. Changing engine mounts is like less than 2 hours job. Parts less than 100 plus $150 for 2 hours and you should get it done for $250.
    You have warranty still right? take it to the dealer and ask them to explain.
  • Hello. I am going through the same issue with this piece of [non-permissible content removed] car. I bought it new in 2006, I have always taken it to the dealership for repairs and service. My check engine light came on and I took it to the dealership and they say I need new "flaps" for my intake manifold!!!! What is funny is that the FEDERAL emissions warranty covers the intake manifold, NOT THE "flaps" that I supposedly need. They quoted me $1,700!!! I do not see how a LUXURY car can have so many problems, especially since it has always been taken care of. I WILL NEVER BUY A MERCEDES AGAIN!
    I AM VERY INTERESTED IN STARTING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE RESPOND. :mad: :cry:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    Sorry, but we don't permit using the forums to gather names for legal action.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• marileecmarileec Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I am going through a similar problem. I have a 2002 c230 with 129,000 miles and was driving 60mph on the highway when the car just gave a little shrug and stopped . I was lucky I wasn't killed as five minutes before I had been in the middle of fast-moving commuter traffic for an hour. I rolled over to breakdown lane and got it started again - managed after several starts to get off exit. Towed to Mercedes dealer who diagnosed as PVC/MAF from oil leak problem for about $1,100. This was a different dealer than my regular one because it was too far to tow to my regular. I went ahead and had it fixed because I was in a bind and the dealer said the codes pointed to the MAF. Now, the check engine light is off but I am unsure if it's really fixed because my regular dealer told me the oil leak wasn't that bad and, in their opinion, a MAF problem would not have cut the engine completely off while driving fast. I had no trouble before - the car seemed to be running okay and doesn't seem any different now that I've had the repair. My regular dealer said it could be the CPS but now I'm really nervous about driving it on the highway just in case it happens again. I am thinking I might get the CPS done anyway as a precaution as I understand it's not an expensive repair.
  • wtfwtfwtfwtf Posts: 1
    Any mechanics or people with similar experience please help! I bought my 2006 c230 new, with extended warranty. All scheduled and non-scheduled service at dealership, on time. It now has 78kmi.
    In the past 5 weeks I've brought my car into the dealership 5 times with repeated check engine light! Each time I bring it in it seems like they fix something small, and not the real problem.
    The 1st time my car idled rough and shut off at a stop sign and then the check engine light came on. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was an oxygen sensor and they fixed it. It seemed to pull going up hills and my mom noticed a burning/hot smell. Within 48 hours of leaving the check engine light comes on again. I bring it back and they say its a fuel filter issue-fixed. 48 hours again same story. They change the software.!? Again check engine light within 2 days of leaving the dealership. Last time (the 4th time) they said it was a 2nd oxygen sensor issue. Less than 24 hours later the check engine light is on again!!! This is the most absurd experience I've ever had.... please help. I'm not sure if the dealership is messing me me and saying it's little things waiting for my next service A or waiting for my warranty to run out (in 6 months) so that it's my cost rather than theirs!!!! Very frustrated. :lemon:
    Issues that occurred recently before the first CEL---blinker intermittently acting crazy and the A/C was doing what it wanted. No air then a blast of A/C 2-3 min after turning it on (not sure if it's related).
  • Barry,
    Your A/C problem might be a vacuum leak. The A/C system uses engine vacuum to swap climate control valves. I hope this helps.
  • lon38lon38 Posts: 1
    Hi Auwlllowtumn,

I currently have the same vehicle 2012 mercedes benz c250
    The exact same thing happened to me today. While I was at a stop light..car idling the engine suddenly shuts off. I did not have any problem starting the car back. Did you find out what was wrong with your car? Any information will help. Thanks
  • hey how are you doing, im having the same problem with my 04 c230 mercedes kompressor i recently had the fuel pump replaced and as soon as it was replaced it started up right away. but now it wont start and it sputters. What did you do to fix this problem?
  • I have an 05 c230k The lights and engine surge and fades while running.
    the engine does not lose power while accelerating but lights, defrost motor,
    continue to surge and fade.When at idle, engine idle fades and nearly dies.
    No check lights are present Help!!!!
  • rah12rah12 Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem. We bought a 2006 Mercedes C230 in September 23, 2012. Here it is Dec 17, 2012 and we have had the same issues with the check engine light, oil leaks, etc. Get the oil leak fixed, check engine light still on. Tonight, I was picking my son up from bball practice when out of the blue, on the interstate, the car just stopped driving, I pull off the road, the car will not go, I can only hope and pray it is some sort of cable and NOT the transmission. It only has 63,000 miles on it!! Someone help!!
  • Your cam sensor is bad, do not let Mercedes fix it because it will cost you an arm and a leg buy the part and have someone who is mechanically inclined replace it for you
  • rah12rah12 Posts: 2
    We had it towed to a transmission shop and they are saying the transmission is bad. $3500.00 I have contacted Mercedes corporate offices. They are suppose to get back with me on Wednesday.
  • About a week ago my c230 recently started to not excelerate normal after coming to a stop, it will start slowly and eventually pick-up speed but you can feel it is sluggish. It will start normally if I turn off and restart the car. Today after parking and shopping it started fine but jerked once I changed the gear from park to reverse and then again to drive....the car would not go faster than 20 mph - the motor would just idle. The button to switch from Sport and Casual driving options near the gear shift would not switch over...have always driven on the casual option, but I have switched the options before and they would switch.

Tried to rest it and restart but problem persists...will have my mechanic look at it after the holiday but I am curious if anyone has had this happen and if you know what the problem is. Car has 105k miles.

Thanks
  • I experienced the same problem but could not get a definite answer to what the problem was but as long as it cleared up after turning it off consider it just a glitch. So i got rid of the problem and the car before it became a money pit even though it still looked brand new.
  • We had a similar problem that turned out to be a speed proportioning valve on the side of the transmission. The local dealer helped us out in softening the cost
    Good luck.
  • lawailawai Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I am am also having the camshaft sensor problem. My mechanic advised that he thinks Mercedes had a recall on the 2007 C230 cams..Have you gotten anywhere with this issue Brettmoore? seems we may be best served getting with mercedes manufacturer, but I have no idea how to go about it. Also when it is very cold there is hesitation and then a jerk (if I do not gently let it get past it) as I pull out of my drive, then it is fine.
    You might start by having a look here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-maintenance/guide-page.html
    I know it says maintenance, but after you enter your vehicle's details, you'll get to a page where you can review recalls and technical service bulletins. I only saw one recall, but the first TSB (top of the list) under "Electrical," there was something about a cam sensor solenoid.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• nas724nas724 Posts: 2
    My friend is selling a MB C-230, with 120 K miles on. according to him it runs good but needs some repairs because it gives a jerk when as it accelerates but runs Ok at higher speed. Also, needs a new battery. He is asking around $4500. I need some feedback. Thanks
    Not sure what you're looking for - are you asking whether that's a good price, and if you should consider purchasing it?

• nas724nas724 Posts: 2
    Both. Is it a fair price? and is it generally considered a problem/problem free car?. I have never
    driven or bought a MB before.
    Keep watching this discussion for feedback, but you should also post details about the vehicle in our Real-World Trade-in Values discussion. Make sure to include your location & mileage on the vehicle, and people can give you an idea of what it's worth.