Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Rodeo Transmission Questions

124»

Comments

• balogzbalogz Member Posts: 1
    Hi all.. i have an isuzu rodeo 200 model. recently changed the transmission fluid cos it leaked like twice cos of faulty piping. now when i drive it only gets to second and sometimes third gear. it just starts rev-ing when u hit the gas more instead of engaging fourth gear. and sometime after kick starting and i shift to drive the bloody just turns itself off making me repeat the process like four times before it works!!! Can any body help please?
  • abouttowne1abouttowne1 Member Posts: 3
    Had the same problem. Dealer could not locate it, had computer reflashed as well per dealer recommendation. Took the tranny apart and no problems. Turns out it was a short in the console switch for the tranny. I can not remember what it is called, but it is mounted on the console just in front of the armrest. Took care of the problem.
  • rodeo101rodeo101 Member Posts: 1
    This message was very helpful. This will be the second time that I have replaced this which makes sense. I have 124K mi on a 1999 rodeo. Car was shifting hard but this time selector was still showing correct gear. Dealer could not catch code. Now I am occasionally seeing incorrect selector gear. Big issue here is finding someone competent to work on Isuzu's now.
  • 13treeman7613treeman76 Member Posts: 1
    I have same problem and heard a shift solenoid? ?? I'm getting ready to try it ..
  • mrremy07mrremy07 Member Posts: 2
    I have 2002 izuzu rodeo 2.2 lit with auto trans,I bought 98 engine with manuel trans /can 98 engine fits auto trans with noproblem ,because I installing the 98 engine the problem is when trans back to the engine ,but the engine is luck cannot turn?
  • mrremy07mrremy07 Member Posts: 2
    when I move back the bellhousing 1/4 of inch then I can turn the engine clockwise by hand,what could be done?
  • drag0micr0drag0micr0 Member Posts: 1
    For those who are looking for even a little guidance on replacing the 98 isuzu rodeo neutral safety switch, here's a picture of it. It is on the driver side as stated in another post. It's pretty much under where the stick shift is and was rather easy to replace and just required a little force to get everything unscrewed and popped off. It took me a little over an hour to do
  • DammthebadluckDammthebadluck Member Posts: 2
    What would cause izuxi to overheat in 3 minutes fluid is full

• DammthebadluckDammthebadluck Member Posts: 2
    2001 rodeo A/T tells me tranny is overheating after about 4 minutes run time