Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caliber Transmission Problems

• kevsmerckevsmerc Posts: 1

Hi my 2008 Calibers tranny is going out 90k on it has been great till now was informed because I dint have a 5yr inspection done last year it is not covered by the LIFETIME warranty that it came with I prob would of had inspected which is crap but I had no idea it was supposed to be inspected and now I am __it out of luck I would do suit. Oh by the way the tranny has a bad whinning growling sound

• edgarskiedgarski Posts: 1

Hi. I have a 2008 Caliber SXT Automatic and is going 98Ks on it. Recently I noticed on decelaration after running above 60ks, when gradually applying breaks or just letting your foot of the pedal to a rolling stop, the dial stays on at 1300 RPM and after about 2-3 seconds it falls down on normal idling 700-800 rpm when you hit the breaks for a full stop.. Seems like a bit of delay getting to its normal idling. Is this normal ? So when this is happening you will hear two (2) engine sound, the car is already slow and you will still hear the engine revving at 1300 RPM, when u hit the breaks, you will hear the engine slows down and comes to idling .. sound like Engine breaking a manual car... but for an Automatic transmission, it should be gradual.. is my transmission failing? Acceleration is normal... Thanks for any tip/experience you can share.

• wolftone22wolftone22 Posts: 1
    Just want to add my frustration with this POS car. I had to replace the engine at 73k miles through no fault of my own. Not even a warning! Car rode just fine, no sign of mechanical problems. Came to a stop and the car died. Spent $2,200 on new engine. About 1.5 months later the alternator went out. Mechanic said he had never seen anything like it, the insides completely disintegrated! About another 1.5 months and the starter went, again, completely fell apart. What I thought was the starter making noise now appears to be the transmission! That will be roughly 6k in repairs in 5 months! I am done! I will never, EVER own another dodge! They should be sued for allowing such a piece of crap to see the light of day.
  • I have the exact same frustration with this crappy vehicle. I have seen information about a recall on these transmissions, but am not able to locate any good source. Is anyone aware of a recall, and, if so, would you please send contact information?
  • vadzya1vadzya1 Posts: 2
    i have a 2010 dodge caliber auto trans its making a whining noise when accelerating fast. I have taken the drive belt off to see if the belt or alternator was making the noise. after i ran the car it still make the same whining noise. please help