Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos New Owners' Reports

Comments

• flheatflheat Posts: 46
    All of these questions and more can be answered at the VWVortex.com forum. It is more comprehensive than this forum. There have been minor reports of leaking with resolution. Yes, there are base Eoses coming into the state; however, currently there are about 25 nationally from what has been discussed in the forum. Most people are paying close to MSRP. I would think the base would probably sell at MSRP.
  • I had to pay MSRP on mine, the dealer wouldn't budge on price. I'm from Canada, and I understand we are only getting a total of 200 EOS's accross the country, so with limited units available, there is not much incentive for dealers to negotiate.

Reading the forums, it sounds like some dealerships are adding a premium to the price, so getting one for MSRP may not be so bad.

I would guess the only way you may get a break on the price is if you can find a demo with a few miles on it. Or wait a few model years and hope the demand softens a bit.

Just for discussion, a base unit, no added options, sells in Canada for about $38,600.00 (with a block heater, pdi, delivery, etc.) before taxes. Based on the exchange rate between the cdn and US dollar it should be about 20% less in the US, or $30,900.00. Does that sound about right for pricing? :shades:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,895
    Base model here in the states is $27,990.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• i think u have to pay msrp unless ur in a state with a lot of choice like TX..where are you jnhashmi? u havent gotten ripped off my payin msrp..definitely not..but now dealers are willing to budge...and do ur research perfectly..the first dealer i went to was trying to hook me up to a fully loaded car for $38K, while al i wanted was the base model..and then he said oh there's no base models right now which was BS.
    eventually i ended up getting..or will get tonight a lux package for $33700, which aint a bad deal.
    The base model is a great car by itself.
  • VW dealer just sold a real base EOS. MSRP was 28,620.
    wow. i'm surprised they got one.

$27,990 + $630 destination
    i think its worth it.

• Yeah I am going to have to get an automatic because my wife can't drive a stick. I have tried to teach her on three different cars and it is a hopeless cause.
    unfortunately, that pushes you up to $31,065 before destination just to begin with.

• Yeah I know. Invoice I think is closer to 27,000 for that car.

I would buy in the middle of next winter for invoice and buy rate lease money factoer.
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Let's all take a breath. This is the "New Owners Reports" topic and ALL experiences -- positive, negative, big headaches and small annoyances -- are welcome. Insults are not.

Claire

HOST

• cotmccotmc Posts: 1,081
    If I understand correctly, the only upholstery option for the $27,990 base model is Black Leatherette?

It seems like an oxymoron to use black vinyl seats in a category of car (convertible) that should be most popular in the warmer climates! I can't think of any surface/color combination that screams "It's hot in here!" during those sunny days more than that! :mad:
  • mjmnymjmny Posts: 3
    Wondering if anyone else has had these problems. I took delivery of my Eos one week ago. The day I got it, I noticed that this was happening:
    -- I was stopped at a red light on a not particularly steep hill. When I took my foot off the brake, the car rolled backward substantially. Enough that if I didn't stomp on the brake, I could have rolled into the car behind me. It was like driving a manual transmission and not letting out the clutch and giving it some gas when stopped on a hill. This has happened pretty consistently.
    -- Parking on an incline. After putting the car in park, turning off the ignition and taking my foot off the brake, the car rolled downhill. The parking brake did eventually grab but the roll was enough that it could have been into another car in a close parking space. Again, this happens pretty much all the time.
    -- Four days after I got the car, the "check engine" light came on along with the "gas cap open" light. I had not put gas in the car yet. I did take off the cap and then screw it back on and that made the gas warning light go off, but the check engine light stayed on.
    -- After about six days, I noticed that the driver's seat looks worn and has a blue tinge. I'm guessing it's from my jeans. However, I wore the same ones many times when driving my 2004 Accord which also had beige leather seats. The seats did not look as worn after three years as these seats are starting to look now. The passenger seat also has a mark or a stain on it and only one person has sat in it. I'm wondering if the seats were not treated with Scotch Guard or whatever they're supposed to use at the factory.
    -- Finally, yesterday was the first day it rained. When I opened the door, water poured out from the lower sill. But I didn't have any leaks inside the car. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Anyway, I have a service appointment on the day after Christmas. It would be nice to know if anyone else has had any problems like this or if it's just my particular vehicle.

Thanks.
  • mjmny,

I've experienced everything you list except for the "check engine" light. The amazing thing is - you have no leaks inside the car!
    I've had my Eos since Aug and it's been back to the service dept 5 times for leaks in the roof (drips into the back near passenger windows), leak at the driver side A pillar, and the passenger window rolling down when shutting the door. I'm happy to finally have the roof leakage fixed after 3 tries and new seals, but the A pillar leak and the passenger window seems unfixable. I love this car, but not sure if I'm going to stick with it.
  • was my exact worry about this car and is one reason why I am waiting to buy one.

I am sure once VW gets a few hundred thousand of EOSes(sp??) out in the marketplace they will come out with a good permenant fix.

You are going to have to wait a while for it though and maybe be somebody's guinea pig.
  • pbartpbart Posts: 1
    Considering purchasing an EOS or Passat. Love the EOS and for selfish reasons would choose it in a minute, however, I have 2 children (10 & 12) and as a stay at home mom I drive them everywhere. Was wondering if anyone out there owns an EOS or 2 door convertible, who also has children could share their experiences with me. The logical side of me is telling me to stay with the sedan for the obvious reasons...but whenever I look at the EOS practicality goes out the window. Any feedback on either car would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    My nine year old loves the car. She's a big kid and is able to get in and out relatively easily. I have found myself opening and closing the door and adjusting the front seat for her a lot. Mostly this is because I'm being fussy about how the doors and seat are handled. (Being a kid, she's not as careful with things as I would like.)

I will admit that, after the initial thrill of having the new convertible wore off, she did start to complain about getting out of the coupe -- but immediately said that having the convertible was worth it. I suspect there will be fewer complaints come Spring.

Will the EOS be your only car? If so, you may run into challenges with the combination of kids and groceries and the roof in the open position.
    Here's the result of the visit to the dealership.

First, of course, after driving for about a week with the check engine light on, it went off about one mile from the dealership.

However, they ran the diagnostics and did find some problems. They said they rebooted the computer. I'm guessing they did because I had to reset the information screens and the settings on the radio.

Transmission -- the service advisor said they called VW and were told that the rolling on inclines was "normal" for the EOS because it has a unique "manual/automatic" transmission. I found it hard to believe that it is "normal" for a car with an automatic transmission to roll backwards down a hill up to five feet while in drive. I asked for the phone number of the service line at VWoA so I could hear the story for myself. They wouldn't give it to me and referred me to customer service.

On the way back from the dealership and in the subsequent days, I noticed that the problem was now occasional rather than constant. Sometimes it still rolls, but about 80% of the time, the gear holds it on the hill. I'm wondering if the reboot of the computer has something to do with the improvement.

I've since talked to VW customer service and they said they would look into it and call me back. I'll post again when I get the their response.

Seats -- they said it must have been something I did and refused to do anything. They didn't even want to tell me which leather cleaner their detailers used. I got one at an auto parts store and it did a reasonable job on the seat that was turning blue but it didn't do anything on the passenger seat stain. I don't know what caused the stain so I'm now searching the web for advice.

And PTL -- still no leaks!
  • howiebxhowiebx Posts: 20
    I like the EOS and the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - any opinions would be appreciated. Base price on Eos ~ 28k vs 25k on the Spyder

thx
  • Hands down on EOS all the way man! You are comparing a hardtop/moonroof convertible to a soft-top convertible! Sorry, not a big fan of Spyder!
  • They use Automagic, and Personally I use a product called Awesome. Believe its only a 1$ a bottle they sell it at the dollar store here in CA not sure where you live. But That stuff has helped me out of a lot of binds with stains and works wonder on vinyl and Carpet spots a great addition to anyones cub bard.