Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Consumer Reports says that $200 to $400 over Invoice is reasonable.
    I walked in with a printout from the Edmunds site - it has MSRP and wholesale prices on it and asked the salesman how much over invoice he felt was reasonable. Honestly, we just negotiated in terms of "Invoice Plus ___" and "KBB Minus ___".
  • Hey, I live in Virginia and I was wondering what is the best price to pay for EOS. When someone says 400-300 over the invoice, is that Out-the-Door price??? I would really appreciate any reply. Thank You....
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Posts: 98
    No...It is the price of the car...Tax, Title & Lic. are fees that the State keeps...Just like groceries or a TV
  • alicebaliceb Posts: 7
    Has anyone bought the sealant lubricant that VW recommends? I understand it can be about $75 a bottle. :confuse:

Have only had my EOS about a week (and absolutely LOVE it)! It's great to know about the possibility of leaks before I wash it for the first time. Our monsoon season is over (Southern NM), so hopefully won't have to deal with a lot of rain until next August. :P
  • alicebaliceb Posts: 7
    I understand you can tell when your car was manufactured based on the VIN number.

Does anyone know how? :confuse:
  • I got the lubricant from my dealership. Bought it at the same time I was in for 5k oil change.

I had to order it through Parts and, at that, I had to show them the page from the owners manual and describe it because they had no clue what I was talking about.

They special ordered it - apparently it's not something they found necessary to keep on hand - and passed it on to me for $51.
  • deepc1deepc1 Posts: 5
    I bought a 2007 2.0T 6spd for my wife in Febuary. We got a few options and paid exactly MSRP but I traded in 2 cars and did well on the trades.

As for being slow get the 6 speed! The DSG is nice but the manual is more fun to drive. I had a little acceleration test against a Pontiac Solstace and I don't think he was very happy whren it was over.

However there have been a few problems which I'll post in the Leaking Forum (more than leaks)
  • I bought a 2007 2.0T 6spd for my wife in November (yesterday). Sticker was $31,399, paid $28,865. I think that most if not all the discount was year end incentive through VW. I spent very little time negotiating and was please with the discount and the amount on my trade. Finance was @ 6.6%

Low tire warning was on during test drive. Salesman said it was because the car had not been drove and that he checked the pressure to be good. Warning stayed on all the was home. All tires were at 29. I bumped up to recommended pressure of 34 and all is good.

There is a problem with the trunk latch. When I hit the button it pops open, but then pulls right back down. The only way to open it is to stand there with dandle in one hand and remote in the other, and pull while pushing release button.

This was my first experience with the Autobahn Imports here in Ft Worth TX. The salesman was very pleasant, but the wait for finance was long. All in all above average, but still a typical PITA new car buying experience.
  • I can't answer your question re the trunk latch, but I also had a problem with my tire pressure.

I couldn't get any of the free-air machines in town to increase my tire pressure when the error message went off. Apparently they don't have enough power. I took it to VW the following morning, and they said it only takes about 2 lbs. low to set off the error message. Also, I found out that the sensor is also attached to the spare -- so if you can't find a problem with the pressure of your tires, check the spare.
  • Bought 2007 VW mid summer and I love it! I bought the 3.2 V6 with all the bells and whistles and wow is it zippy! and the fuel ecomony is much better than I expected!! averaging over 25mpg when I'm not driving with a lead foot!

My seals are creaking so I'm ordering the lubricant. When it rains, water pools in the pasenger door jam but doesn't seem to present a problem. I'm weirded out by the "give" in the transmission... it's an automatic but rolls back like a manual and there is sometime a hesitation in take off ... does this seem right to you all?

The only other very strange thing - I heard a very sharp metallic pinging noise one night and couldn't figure out what it was... took it to the dealer and they said it had something to do with the exhaust flex pipe? anyone else had this strange noise?
    Thanks! Trish
  • udaykudayk Posts: 4
    Hi
    I am looking in to buying an eos in myrtle beach,sc area. any tips on pricing and dealership? Iam prepared to travel up to 3 hours if getting a great deal.
    thanks.
    uday
  • Purchased 2008 Eos Lux Paprika Red Cornsilk. Paid exactly invoice as listed here on Edmunds and other sites. List $35,729 paid $33,327. They did stick me with the $400 advertising fee....But they also drove to Austin to pick the car up and bring it back to the Dallas area for me...So I consider that a wash. I used the Edmunds email blast option, and every dealer came back with invoice, one dealer (can't remember who) came back with invoice less $100. But for a car in demand I'm happy. Lewisville VW sold it to me.
  • I live in New Jersey and have been pricing the 2007 Eos. Now that the 2008 is out, it seems to be the same price. Does anyone have any experience with a dealership in either N.J., N,Y., or PA. in purchasing this car? What is the best price I can expect to be quoted for the base model with auto trans? thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389
    My local dealer is advertising leftover '07 Eos at $4500 off MSRP. At that price, there has to be some dealer cash involved...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks. Where is your dealer located and what is the name of the dealership?
    Carol
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389
    That ad was from Northland VW in Cincinnati..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• just purchased a 2007 2.0T Lux auto, (Island Gray-Black interior) that stickered at $35,764. Negotiated down to $30,100. Trade in was the same from all dealers. Had a better deal ($29,995) at another dealer on same car, except it was Paprika.

I made my purchase at Billco Motors in Wexford, PA (just north of Pittsburgh). Great dealership. Very professional and courteous. Will buy my next VW from them again.
  • Just a small note.
    I agree that getting a good deal is important.
    Standing behind a good deal is priceless!

My story is rare but true. My dealer has provided the highest degree of care and support.I was one of the first to buy the 07 Eos when first released. I loved everything about it. Unfortunately at the time it had one major flaw. It leaked when it rained. I had it back to service several times. At a point it was embarrassing. Never did the dealership's attitude change. From the salesperson to the service department and management they were great. With their help the car was replaced.Problem solved. Volkswagen of America was also incredibly helpful in satisfying me as a consumer.
    I must say this was not only refreshing but rewarding. I am a loyal supporter of this wonderful car. I have owned practically every car you can think of. Yet this car is something special. The support and genuine care received provided that unthinkable value Service. The Dealership is Gunther Volkswagen Fort Lauderdale Florida. A place where they stand behind the product at no extra cost.
    You could not pay for a better advertisement. SATISFACTION.
  • Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
    Carol
  • Thanks for the info. Coincidentally, Paprika is the color I am looking for. Could you give me the phone number of that dealership that had it for $29.995? Thanks.
    Carol
  • Has anyone of you know if after marketing for the EOS to be found.
    navigation,blue tooth,remote for convertable top?

Glad to get some response

auctionking
  • It was Mikan VW in Butler, PA. But I believe that it was sold.
  • Really liked this car at the recent Chicago Auto Show. Kinda pricey so ---- I'm interested in finding "best" price for 2008 Eos in Chicago area. Would appreciate any hints as to searching via internet (what are good sites?) or dealing directly with daelers. Any tips would be appreciated.
  • cb391cb391 Posts: 24
    You can do it on the internet. I believe Edmunds has an area where you can configure a car the way you want and then that info will be sent to dealers in the area. I think you can use cars.com and drivechicago.com. They work in a sim ilar manner. Going to dealers one by one is a pain and and using these sites lets dealers know other dealers are also making you an offer.
  • trackulatrackula Posts: 10
    Just bought an 08 2.0T with heated seats, custom painted pinstripes, dealer undercoat/sealant/interior protection, monster mats. MSRP'd @ 29,442. Paid 28,100. It was the best deal I could get in negotiating with 5 different dealers. St. Louis area. It might be a bit high however I got what I wanted on my trade-in. It all boils down to trade difference if you're taking in a trade vehicle. Any other Missouri/Illinois experiences out there?
  • Which dealership did you end up purchasing from?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Volkswagen EOS within the past six months and whether it had anything to do with gas prices. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I'm looking at making an offer on a new red 2008 Eos Turbo 6M with heated seats and i-Pod adapter as the only two options. The build date is 07/2007 and CARFAX confirms this VW dealer has had it since 09/2007. Seems to me the dealer should be REALLY wanting to get rid of this car (it's a small town in rural Idaho and winter is coming on soon). What do you all think would be a reasonable offer for this '08 now that the '09s are here? He offered $28,640 and said that's about $500 over his invoice. I'm thinking of offering him $28,000 flat -- wishful thinking?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,478
    I don't believe it is wishful thinking at all. Anything over invoice on something that has been sitting that long is too much, IMHO.

Hell, it has been sitting for over a year so it already is in need of servicing! I would make sure they throw that in (needs the oil changed at the very least).

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• I have been watching the convertible prices on Ebay for about three months. Almost 95% of the cars never get sold because the reserve is never met. I have seen some cars listed since February, 2008, and they are still for sale. What's the story with these car dealerships? There is a glut of cars, yet the dealers still aren't willing to make a reasonable deal. Does anyone know of anywhere in the New Jersey area that has leftover 2007 convertibles? Maybe I could afford one of those.......