Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Has anyone of you know if after marketing for the EOS to be found.
    navigation,blue tooth,remote for convertable top?

Glad to get some response

auctionking
  • It was Mikan VW in Butler, PA. But I believe that it was sold.
  • Really liked this car at the recent Chicago Auto Show. Kinda pricey so ---- I'm interested in finding "best" price for 2008 Eos in Chicago area. Would appreciate any hints as to searching via internet (what are good sites?) or dealing directly with daelers. Any tips would be appreciated.
  • cb391cb391 Posts: 24
    You can do it on the internet. I believe Edmunds has an area where you can configure a car the way you want and then that info will be sent to dealers in the area. I think you can use cars.com and drivechicago.com. They work in a sim ilar manner. Going to dealers one by one is a pain and and using these sites lets dealers know other dealers are also making you an offer.
  • trackulatrackula Posts: 10
    Just bought an 08 2.0T with heated seats, custom painted pinstripes, dealer undercoat/sealant/interior protection, monster mats. MSRP'd @ 29,442. Paid 28,100. It was the best deal I could get in negotiating with 5 different dealers. St. Louis area. It might be a bit high however I got what I wanted on my trade-in. It all boils down to trade difference if you're taking in a trade vehicle. Any other Missouri/Illinois experiences out there?
  • Which dealership did you end up purchasing from?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Volkswagen EOS within the past six months and whether it had anything to do with gas prices. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• I'm looking at making an offer on a new red 2008 Eos Turbo 6M with heated seats and i-Pod adapter as the only two options. The build date is 07/2007 and CARFAX confirms this VW dealer has had it since 09/2007. Seems to me the dealer should be REALLY wanting to get rid of this car (it's a small town in rural Idaho and winter is coming on soon). What do you all think would be a reasonable offer for this '08 now that the '09s are here? He offered $28,640 and said that's about $500 over his invoice. I'm thinking of offering him $28,000 flat -- wishful thinking?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    I don't believe it is wishful thinking at all. Anything over invoice on something that has been sitting that long is too much, IMHO.

Hell, it has been sitting for over a year so it already is in need of servicing! I would make sure they throw that in (needs the oil changed at the very least).

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• I have been watching the convertible prices on Ebay for about three months. Almost 95% of the cars never get sold because the reserve is never met. I have seen some cars listed since February, 2008, and they are still for sale. What's the story with these car dealerships? There is a glut of cars, yet the dealers still aren't willing to make a reasonable deal. Does anyone know of anywhere in the New Jersey area that has leftover 2007 convertibles? Maybe I could afford one of those.......
  • How did you determine the build date of the car? One of the dealers in my area has eight 2008 leftovers, so I'd love to find out how long they've been sitting on their lot. Most of the other dealers in the MA/NH area only seem to have 1 or 2 leftovers.
  • The build date is inside the hood. You could ask the dealer, but I don't know if he's tell you. Most 08's were built in 07. BTW, which dealer has 8 08's left?
  • Thanks for the info!

As of Sunday, Quirk VW in Braintree, MA had 8 left.
  • I found the build date on the plate attached to the driver-side door jamb, where you also find the recommended tire inflation figures.
  • I've been checking on AutoTrader for weeks, and there are some dealers in the Pacific NW that have several 2008 Eos's in stock. You can check AutoTrader, use zip code 83701 and search for all within 500 miles; that should cover OR, WA, UT and northern CA.
  • Persistence pays. Sold my 2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24 convertible on 9/24 after only 6 days on Craigslist. I had already been checking AutoTrader and Cars.com for all new 2007 and 2008 Eos but couldn't find exactly what I wanted within reasonable distance: Paprika Red base turbo. On 9/25 I started checking the VW dealers' sites through VW.com and found the perfect car at a dealer in San Jose, CA (700 miles from my SW Idaho home) for an incredible $27,779 with all four available options on the base turbo: auto, heated seats, floor mats, i-Pod adapter. Sent them an e-mail that night, and got their response Fri. morning: yes, they still had the car. Called them immediately and said I would look at the car over the weekend. Booked the only flight Fri. afternoon from Boise to San Jose and five hours later I called the dealer from the San Jose airport and asked him to send his courtesy car to pick me up (they did!). Saw my true love :P that evening. Did the paperwork Sat. morning, including the VW Credit 2.9% for 60 mos., and drove home Sat./Sun. with the top down in the 80F sunshine of the Nevada/Oregon desert! Glorious!! Got 32 mpg on its first two tanks of premium.
    When I put on the "show" for people by operating the top, they are amazed. There are fewer than ten Eos in SW Idaho, and I really like driving something so cool and so out-of-the-ordinary. And today, I found out just how nice heated seats are, as the temp today was in the low 40's. This is an amazing car!!
  • Hello all. Just rolled-over 10,000 trouble free miles in our 2.0T Base model, six-speed manual. No issues to report. Fuel economy average is 30.1 combined, 60% highway, 40% city. I alternate every other tank with Premium fuel. I also lube all roof seals every 3 months with Krytox grease. The car has never leaked. I hope all of you are as happy with your Eos' as are we.
  • izmirianizmirian Posts: 48
    Carman,

I've been shopping around for vw eos. Dealer is quoting 5K below msrp on their website on all eos models. Some lux versions are 6K lower than msrp. I want to do my homework before I go talk to the finance guy. Edmunds says there is 1500 cash to dealer incentive that can not be combined with other apr or lease offers. Even with that 5K right out of the bat is too aggressive. I'm assuming there is more to the incentives than I found on the internet. Does anybody know what's the real deal for 2009 models? I'm planning to pull the trigger soon so any quick help is much appreciated.

Based in Arlington, VA :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • tajqueentajqueen Posts: 8
    Prices have been falling at a rapid pace, but I still can't find a reasonably priced used MB convertible. Does anyone know of a website or dealer who is asking realistic prices for this car? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Carol :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,862
    Not likely to get an answer in a VW discussion, I don't think....

Try perusing these discussions.. Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Forums & Discussions

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs