Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12345679»

Comments

• tajqueentajqueen Posts: 8
    Thanks. I didn't realize I had posted it in the Eos category.
  • So, I decided that I want an Eos, and went to a dealer to test drive one today. They only had one left, a 2009 Komfort in that powderpuff blue that I don't care for. Also, it was an automatic. Here's the kicker...the first salesperson was a bit sarcastic when he said "good luck" finding a manual transmission. I have only owned manuals my entire life, and I have no intention of paying extra for something I don't want or need. This would be a dealbreaker. This car that we drove had around 700 miles on it. I was rather blunt as I told them that if I was buying a car in this price range, I had every intention of getting what I wanted. Then, I was told that dealers have limited amounts they an lay out for the Eos, and if they have already done that for the year, they won't want to special order a car. There was also mention of having been burned in the past by someone saying they wanted a car, it being ordered, and then the person not buying it. At some point, I was left to speak with a second salesperson, and told him clearly that I want a 2010 Eos, Thunder Blue, with grey interior, splash guards, mat kit, and ipod adaptor. NO OTHER EXTRAS. I am being led to believe that this will most certainly be a special order, and that I will have to wait MANY weeks for said car. Obviously, I am shopping around. My question is this (finally)....should it be this difficult to get what one wants? and does anyone have any thoughts on what kind of price I will be able to negotiate if I do have to special order the car? I don't really see where the economy has picked up and people are rushing out to buy a car in this price range, cash for clunkers notwithstanding...so I'd think that the people trying to sell them would be a little more accommodating. What gives? :(
  • so....did you end up buying an eos in northern va? if so, can you share the details?

Thanks
  • rahulgrahulg Posts: 25
    Hi Car Man

Can you pls let me know current money factor and residual for 2010 Komfort for 36 mth 12 k and 15 k lease.Also is VW offering 0% APR for 60 mth financing on 2010 models also as they are offering on 2009 models.

Pls also let me know if VW is providing any incentives or rebates on 2010 EOS. Planning to pick up car on 27th Feb if can work out a deal. Your response in a day or two would help me negotiate a good deal.

Thanks Rahul
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited March 2010
    Greetings Rahul. I just replied to the message that you posted over in the lease questions discussion for this model. Please click here to see my response: "Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I was wondering if anyone had any experience with buying a new Eos in the Virginia/DC area? I noticed there are 4-5 dealerships in the area offering 2010 Eos' at pretty discounted prices.
  • I am just starting to look for an Eos in West or Middle TN. Can anyone give me any advice? Any dealer you have dealt with? Any idea on what I can expect to pay? Just any ideas really, since I am just starting to look. I want a red one, and not sure about 2010 or 2011....

Thanks!
  • ppalonskyppalonsky Posts: 34
    Just bought a new (leftover) 2010 EOS Komfort with Nav. MSRP was $36.8k and dealer discounted it by $8k so I paid $28.8k plus taxes and $55 doc fee. Car had 35 miles when delivered.
  • petetheeospetetheeos Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased a new 2012 Eos Komfort? What kind of discounting is going on, if any.

I see they have 0% financing for 60 months. One dealership in Chicago is advertising 66 months 0% for $33,505 Komfort. Not sure if that means they are not discounting the car.
  • Hi All:

I cant seem to find the current money factor and residual for a 2012 EOS Lux or Executive. Would be interested in 36 month and both 12k and 15k. Any help in finding this information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • I just paid $29,000 for a 2012 VW Eos Komfort. It is September and the 2013 Eos is available so I'm assuming this was the reason for the discount. No trade in. I really like the car so far
  • Looking to buy a 2013 Eos Lux - MSRP $40700
    Anybody out there getting good deals on 2013 to buy? What should I be looking at as a reasonable number?