Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Entourage Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biggitybiggity Posts: 25
    Maybe. Probably. Can you even get the deal with another $1,000 off?

Anyway, to me a good deal depends more on who I am dealing with than the price.

A good person will only treat you so bad on price and other elements of the deal. And if they are not trying to screw you, how can you get a bad deal?
  • out 2 weeks and no news on this price yet. maybe wait till another month and see if can get better deal? heard the sale said that Entourage is not popular in MA at all. :P
  • Hope to get some suggestions from you guys for my first Minivan

Got a quote for Hyundai Entourage GLS 2007 (Galaxy Black, standard) from one dealer this afternoon in Pittsburgh, PA.

(23068 Invoice + 500 advertising fee + 700 Transportation)
    –750 holdback
    -1500 rebate
    +Tax
    - ~ 300-400 dealer discount

Outdoor price=23, 000

Is this price acceptable? Your comments will be really appreciated.
  • bigal38bigal38 Posts: 7
    Price is not bad. For comparison, I purchased a GLS, Gold with pin stripe, mud guards, and floor mats. Final price after taxes, registration, and tags was $22,477. Vehicle was purchased in Ocala Florida. The Manufacturer's window sticker price was $24,670. The dealer add-on sticker was $27,633.50 (seiously inflated). :D
  • I am gonna to be a father of twins. They are due on Nov 3rd. I am seriously considering Entourage but not sure when is best to buy a new car for both the price and my twin babies. Any idea about that???
  • Thanks for your information.

Finally got it.

23,000 outdoor with mud guards, floor mats and 0 APR for 3 years.
  • danf1danf1 Posts: 935
    Congratulations!! Boys or Girls? For your sake I hope boys, but so long as they are healthy right?

Anyway, I'd at least wait until next month to see what the rebates are. Right now its only $500. I don't know if i'd push it off until October as twins have a tendancy of showing up early.
  • bmags66bmags66 Posts: 2
    Hey jfjiang01, where did you get the offer from? Baierl, Wright, Cochran, etc.? I'm from Pittsburgh too and am curious as to who gave you the deal, what finance terms were, and if you thought it was a good deal, pass along the sales rep that you spoke with. Thanks!
  • Hi bmags66,I got the offer from Power of Bowser on Rd 51 near Centry III mall. Honestly, I am not sure whether it's a good deal, but I think they have better service. If you want, I can send you the sals rep's contact info by email. Good luck. jfjiang@gmail.com
  • I just picked one up on Labor Day. MSRP sticker was a bit over $30K. I paid just under $27,200.00. Stock SE except it came with carpeted floor mats and the $2900 premium entertainment package that included the DVD.

Didn't really want the PE package, wanted a stock SE. But this was on the lot and Dealer wanted to move it and I'm happy with the dealer discount and $500 rebate.

TMV price here indicates it should be over $29K and even more than I paid at the Invoice Price.

fwiw
  • Me too- I bought a Limited Entourage from Wright Hyundai in Wexford on Aug. 31. The MSRP was about $31K I think. I came well armed with all my invoice, rebate, and finance info, and they said basically they would give me $400 over invoice because I was a Costco member. I ended up getting a better deal than that because they had a floor model that they took $3K off the MSRP and they matched that deal on another model which I bought. It's a base Limited with just the floor mats added as the only "option." And I took the $500 rebate too over the special financing. Ended up getting 6.1%/60 mo. through the dealer.
  • Hi, it's my first time here, and also my first time buying a car! and I had a question for you all.

I live near Poughkeepsie, NY, and am looking into minivans (Entourage probably, possibly an Odyssey...). My nearest Hyundai dealership is about 30 minutes a way, unfortunately... and the Honda dealerships are also pretty spotty here... (so getting dealers to compete over my business seems like it might be hard...).

On CarsDirect, I can get the SE with PE for $27615, and $28115 with the 0% for 3 year deal (well more than $500 savings on interest...). (Unfortunately, this car is in NJ...).

I'm just wondering whether this is a good deal or not. I could drive to near NYC to a costco affiliated hyundai place, but I don't think I'd get a better price than this anyways.

So, my two questions are:

1. Is that a decent price?
    2. Odyssey, Sienna, or Entourage? I like the Entourage warranty and price (and it does drive well). I can get the DVD entertainment system without breaking the bank (not so with Honda or Toyota...). Why did most of you choose Entourage?

Thanks!
  • We just bought a Azera limented in Jun and now are looking at the Entourage Limted with every thing leather what is a good price . Has anyone bought one. Is the ultimate package give you all the options. We really like the leather in the liminted I don't really need the dvd though
  • 1) The price sounds pretty good to me. I just paid $28402 for an SE with PE and CF floor mats ($137). That worked out as follows:
    $27902 Invoice Price (including $700 destination charge)
    + $500 Advertising Fee (non-negotiable)
    - $500 Rebate
    + $500 Dealer markup
    -------
    $28402

According to Edmunds TMV, the typical customer has been paying $28398. I probably could have held out for a bit lower, since the salesman accepted my offer a little too quickly.

Anyway, that sounds like a pretty good price.

2) Why Hyundai? My finalists were the Kia Sedona, Hyundai Entourage, Toyota Sienna, and , in that order. I also looked at the Dodge Caravan, Mercury Monterey, Saturn Relay, and Nissan Quest.

Why Hyundai over the Kia, since they are both basically the same vehicle?
    a) I have bought 4 other cars from the Hyundai salesman and find him a pleasure to deal with. I didn't get a very good vibe from the Kia salesman.
    b) Hyundai allowed me to get the Infinity premium sound system without having to get $5000 worth of other features I didn't want.

Why Hyundai over Toyota? Hyundai/Kia looks like they shamelessly copied the best features from the Odyssey and Sienna, but improved on them a tiny bit. Little things like adjusting the seats, folding down tray tables, and removing the middle seats were all smoother and easier on the Korean models. Toyota has the reputation for outstanding fit and finish and quality, but those operations were rougher and clunkier on the Sienna.

I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the attention to detail on the interior features carries over into the important areas like the engine and transmission.

Why not Honda? Our local dealer doesn't have a real good reputation. Also, I think the Odyssey is a bit over-priced.
  • Today we purchased a Limited with sunroof and floor mats for $27,832.00.

Vehicle price $28,832.00 - $1,000.00 for competitive discount (Indiana). Also got 3.9% for 60 months.

Think we got a pretty good deal
  • I understand Entourage comes with 5 yr / 50K bumper to bumper warranty. There is an upgrade package for 10 yr/100k miles coverage as well. Do we need to buy it when buying vehicle or can we buy it later? Does anyone know what price are they being offered for?
  • billcfbillcf Posts: 1
    Van Limited
    Ultimate Pk
    Floor Mats,
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    Cargo Net.

M S P R $33,865
    Invoice $31,094

Payed $30,000

10-16-06
    Springfield,MO
  • afob3afob3 Posts: 17
    We leased our Entourage for 3 years / 36k miles so the extended waranty beyond the 5 years probably won't matter if we re-lease in 3 years. At the end of the 3 years we have the option to buy it so I inquired about your extended waranty question.

We were told that we had up to 1 year and 10k (I think) miles to come back and purchase the extended waranty. They gave us an astronomical IMHO price of $1000 so we didn't discuss it further. I know that you can also shop the waranty around between dealers for the best price.
  • "b) Hyundai allowed me to get the Infinity premium sound system without having to get $5000 worth of other features I didn't want."

I recommended to my parents to get the Kia because of the outstanding incentives.

They just bought a Sedona EX with Luxury/Leather package (my mother is short, so the power pedals and memory are very nice to have) and Power package, but without the Premium Entertainment (which doesn't matter to them) for $23,200 after the dealer discount (no mark up and no advertising fee) and a $1500 rebate and a $2000 Competitive Bonus (because they already owned a qualifying minivan).

If not for those advantages I probably would have recommended the Hyundai, because it is kind of the Mercury version of Kia.
  • For those considering a Hyundai Entourage, be sure to take a good look at the Kia Sedona. I've seen some of the gibberish about the Entourage being built to higher QC standards than Sedona, but these 2 are essentially the same vehicle out of the same plant. Right now the Sedona is much better deal.

I just bought a 2006 Sedona LX (delivered to my door!) for $17,550 before tax, title and license. The Sedona LX has a $3000 rebate and I also qualified for $1000 competitive rebate since I own a Chrysler Town and Country. Couldn't get any dealer below $20K on an Entourage.