Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Volkswagen Eos. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Prices Paid Forum

Comments

• Hi Car_man,

What leasing information is available for the new EOS.
  • Hi sabba7. The Eos is selling fairly well. As a result, Volkswagen is not providing much in the way of lease support on it right now. To give you an idea of what its current lease program is like I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Eos 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00312 and 62%. respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Ha. I wish this is the TRUE quote they would have gave me over the weekend when I was in the West Houston VW dealership.

The following was what they quoted for me and nonetheless, I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

For a MSRP $36,185 Eos 2.0T:

For Lease,
    $680/month for 48 months with first month as downpayment.

For Finance,
    $700/month for 72 months finance with $1K as downpayment.

All these quotes were excluding TT&L.

Yeah right, they are increasing the price over $10K on this vehicle. I don't think anyone should paid that price tag for a VW, no offense. And the Sales Asso. even suggested that I would consider to get a fake leather one instead. How insulting!!
  • jefhackjefhack Posts: 20
    Hi everyone,
    Could someone share the lease rate and residual on a Eos 2.0T, 12K miles (or 10K), 36 month term?

My wife is very hot for this car but I have a feeling there's no lease deals to be had right now. Thanks!
  • I had my EOS 2.0T with Sport Package leased since last Oct. My lease is $625/ month, 12K for 36 months with $2K down. I think I must have paid a little too much considering that now on VW website, they have a $405/month for the EOS base. I suppose you can try your local VW delaerships and see if they are offering that or not.
  • jefhackjefhack Posts: 20
    Thank you Houstontxmob. Just checked that offer on vw.com. Looks like a 62% resid is being used, and the lease factor is much higher than what i'm seeing for a 3 series, for example. Ouch...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jefhack. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease program is currently like (great car BTW :)). Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Eos 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00297 and 59%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    Why is it that you can go anywhere else and get a 30-40k car and get fairly low payments, but you go and get an EOS, even the 29k model, and your already in the $500's payment range, I have gotten 2 quotes, one for 31k $620month, $660month on the 35k, seriously, prices are so high right now, I have only seen 1 out on the road, people are not buying them, because the price is so high. If VW wanted to promote them and increase sales, then giving them a better lease or buying deal would help alot. When the dealership did give me that quote they told me that the car would be gone the next day, guess what, the car was there on the lot for 2 weeks.

I really want an EOS, but I have an 06 accord, and the 08 model is coming soon, so EOS or Honda??? both good cars, but not willing to get robbed with my EOS. You might as well drive a fully loaded BMW for that price. The salesmen had the nerve to tell me that I would have to put 5-7k down to get my payment to about $400 a month on an EOS. Hey why not, take all my money. Ill have my eos, but I'll have to live in it too.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    ??? are you referring to lease or purchase? I guess lease since this is a lease board.

The purchase of ANY $30k car will put you at $600/mo. If it doesn't then its either got a promotional interest rate or it ain't $30k.

Leases vary due to widely differing residuals and manufacturer-backed rates. You certainly won't find good rates on a new hot car. As far as EOS residuals, I don't know what they are or even what they would base them on. Might be based on Jetta residuals for now. Only time will dictate if those should be raised or lowered.

So its not that the price of the vehicle is high, its just that there are no incentives.

I had this same problem when i went to look at a new jetta diesel last year. salesman told me it would be cheaper to buy than to lease. I got a loaded V6 accord for about $150/mo less instead.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

If you look at other Car manufacturers, you will notice that you CAN get a 30k plus car for a MUCH better deal than this EOS. Your right the lack of lease deals and inflated pricing does effect your payments, there not offering any good residuals, or lease deals on this car, but I have noticed and if you look at other leasing questions in other car posts, they are getting like 35k cars for less than an EOS payments. It is because the EOS is such a hot car, but I have noticed the EOS stay on the lot for awhile, therefore they are not moving too fast. VW dealers are inflating the pricing high, and by going to multiple dealers, youll get a better deal. The EOS is a hot car, but not for 500-700payment. But going into the 30k's on price does not have to be in the 600's or even the 500's. Look at other leases, and even some 30k+ cars with no lease deals are not close to the payment of the EOS. I will not get the EOS, because of the pricing. You would be better off purchasing this car, Also you would be able to resell it, because it is so hot.

I have been calling local dealerships, and asking how much is would take to get into a non base model EOS for $400month, like how much down. I just get the run-around.
    well, since there are no lease deals to be had, you can figure it out using a bank's numbers.

For instance, leasecompare.com tells me that an EOS 2.0T sport (msrp $35,385) for 36 months at 12k miles per year has a $0 down payment of $617. I'd apparently need to put about $6000 down to get my payment to $435.

This particular bank is using about a 54% residual and .00258 money factor.

For comparison, that same bank is offering a 51.25% residual for the same term on a new 335i, 55% on a G35 coupe, and 53% on an S2000. Money factor doesn't change.

So without manufacturer support or discounts, I'm not sure what comparably priced car you'd find cheaper.

• eos3point2eos3point2 Posts: 3
    I've just got the EOs 3.2 very happy at first. Two weeks later, car suddenly stopped. Towed back to dealer, told electrical problem. Change battery. Got the car back, First car wash, water leaking through the roof. Car back to dealer for service. Got the car back, car stopped again, back to dealer, :sick: Got the car back, Water still leaking. What to do??? Leasing so expensive for this kind of product??? Be careful when consider buying this car. Never pay too much for it. won't worth the money. Lease should be: $400/month for 36 months + $2500 down for the 2.0
    $450/month for 36 months + $3000 down for the 2.T
    $500/month for 36 months + $3500 down for the 3.2
    (allowance: 36K miles and 20c per extra mile.)
    Can't come close to this kind of deal. Don't deal or will Regret like me. GOOD LUCK. REMEMBER DON'T BE FOOLED BY SELER. DO YOUR HOMEWORK ONLINE AT WWW.VW.COM OR SEARCH ONLINE.
    Was that the dealer quoting you all those figures? I have yet gotten anywhere close on those quotes you have.

thanks

sorry about your EOS, The EOS is a hot car, but really its not worth the amount of money every month. Plus, you have to remember that as soon as the warranty is up, its going to have a long list of potiential problems, with all the moving parts, Look at your car, it is already having problems, I am not sure the EOS is ready for the long Haul. Its like the BMW convertible, its sooo overpriced. You'd be better off getting another car.
    I was considering the EOS, but not anymore, its not worth the hassle of even getting one. 4-6k down to get what you want? no way!
  • Per your quotes,"...Lease should be: $400/month for 36 months + $2500 down for the 2.0; $450/month for 36 months + $3000 down for the 2.0T; $500/month for 36 months + $3500 down for the 3.2 (allowance: 36K miles and 20c per extra mile.)..."

the monthly payments will yield to the same amount as $525-$650 if there's no money down.
    That's not the dealer quotes. That's what it should be according to the "Special Offer" at www.vw.com
    Do a research, you'll see some dealers even sell it below MSRP since nobody are willing to pay more for the EOs. Its first year, problems will show up. I love the car honestly. It's a smart designed and it has the look :blush: too. It's just overpriced. If you love the car, try to find a good deal, you'll be happy. Don't pay to much for it though. Good Luck :)
    PS: 2T is the best choice. 3.2 too expensive,almost the same with 2T. And the 2.0 too weak. ;)
    PS: 2T is the best choice. 3.2 too expensive,almost the same with 2T. And the 2.0 too weak. ;)

??? wait, you think the 2.0 is too weak, but the 2.0T model is the best choice???

Am I misunderstanding what you mean by "weak"? I'm thinking you mean the engine, no?

I should'nt say that. Sorry!!! What I meant was, 2.0T will give you extra horse power if needed (When Turbo kits in)
    EOs's a hot sport car, more power more respect :shades:
    but did you know the base and the 2.0T have the same engine?

The T in this case, I don't believe, means Turbo ... because the 2.0 also has a turbo. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the T stands for Touring.

• nmkevnmkev Posts: 5
    I note on the VW web-site that there seems to be a special offer (see below). Now I realize this is a base model and additions are going to affect the overall lease cost. My question is this a fairly good deal. Hard to tell what the "magic" dealer negotiable numbers are.

From web-site:
    2007 Eos with Manual Transmission*
    $399/Month
    36-Month Lease
    $2,874.00 Due at Signing
    (excluding destination, taxes, title, options, and dealer charges)

Or, see your local VW dealer for one of the many other great lease deals available on Eos.
    ©2007 Volkswagen of America, Inc. *U.S. cars only. Based on MSRP of $28,110.00 for a 2007 Eos with manual transmission, excluding title, taxes, destination, options and dealer charges. Monthly payments total $14,364.00. Dealer contribution required, $413.29. Purchase option at lease end for $17,250.00. For all offers at lease end lessees responsible for $0.20/mile over 36,000 miles and for damage and excessive wear. Dealer sets actual prices. Lessee responsible for insurance. Closed-end lease offered to highest qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. Offers end May 31, 2007. Additional charges may apply at lease end. See your Volkswagen dealer for details or call 1-800-DRIVE-VW.
    well, just need to do some reverse math here. Its a bit of an odd number, but I come up with a 61.34% residual, which SHOULD apply to all models (but may even be higher on an automatic). Since it says "dealer contribution of $413.29," I assume that means they are selling it to you for $413.29 off sticker. You might be able to do better than that.

I could work out the money factor with edmunds lease calculator, but I'm sorry to say I can't do that right now. If you give it a shot and come up with the number, please post it.