Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,410
    rate can be marked up by the dealer, and it also depends on your credit.
    i would try another dealer, personally.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Car_man -

What is the residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW 2.0T Komfort with 10k miles a year? 12k?

THANKS!
  • Hi lamusic. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 60%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vwgrrrlvwgrrrl Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if VCI (Volkswagen Credit, Inc.) is extra tough to get a lease from? My sister tried once and got declined. If the dealer doesn't have any luck with VCI, can't they try another bank? Aren't they supposed to suggest it or do they normally let you walk out?
  • markw501markw501 Posts: 2
    Car Man:
    There is a dealer in MA that has the EOS for $249/mo. with $2K down.
    http://vw.quirkcars.com/specials/index.htm?category=2008%20EOS%20Lease
    I asked my local and regions to match it and they say it's a scam, because it cuts below cost. What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Mark
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,100
    Note: 24 months and 10,000 miles a year
    $1,999 down. Taxes and fees additional

Figure around $600 for acquisition fee, $499 for dealer fee, $299 for document fee, etc, etc, etc...

By the time you add it all up, plus the $1999 down, that adds about $150/mo. to the price... This looks like the stripper model... so, $399/mo. sounds about right..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ideadesignideadesign Posts: 4
    The deal you asked about is possible if it is the base model (below the Kumfort) and with a manual transmission (not noted in ad). If you were to eliminate the 2k down and figure dealer prep, taxes and other fees your vehicle would be close to $400/month.

What you need to consider of course is of course could you live with the stripped model with a manual transmission. You also need to be aware that there is no mention of whether it must be from currently inventory on site, that they even have any on site, and if so in what colors. Also, please note that the deal has "*" without explanation and that 2K required becomes an expensive down if you consider that the lease is only for 24 months.

For comparison, I have a 2008 EOS Kumfot with the 17 wheel upgrade option that I got in January. Lease payment is $435.00 for 48 months with nothing out of pocket.
  • mxracer965mxracer965 Posts: 3
    I think the dealer I'm working with is sticking it to me...

2008 Eos Lux 3 year 12K/year lease, trade in down ($4,400), quoted at $435/month. MSRP-$763 for the car, 1% interest. Looks like they calculated 52% residual. I see previously residual should be 60%? Can someone please confirm...payment by my calculation at 58% residual should be $376 (all payments including taxes). I question if the 52% is correct since this is technically nearly a year old soon and that is why the residual is relatively low or should it still be 60%?
    Oh, haven't signed anything binding yet, so I supposedly still have time to back out, which after hearing back on this I probably will end up doing...
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    That residual is from Feb and would not be correct at all now. Leasing residuals can change on a month to month basis. A dealer can't mess with the residual but can mark up the money factor.
    Got another quote from another dealer at $379. Long story short got a bit ticked off, went straight to the dealer I'm working with and got the actuals:

Black/Black Eos 2.0T Lux: $35017 (MSRP w/Dest. charges $35790)
    Residual 15K/year @ 57%: $20365
    Residual 12K/year @ 59%: $21080
    Money Factor: .00158 (3.79% APR)
    Acquisition Fee: $575
    Doc Fee: $150
    Plates/registration/etc: $168
    Taxes: $2463 (due up front and rolled into the lease, I live in IL...but also have a place in MI so I may use MI so this would be reduced considerably)
    Trade-in: -$4400
    $454/month 15K/year
    $435/month 12K/year

Sound right? I can't see where the math is wrong. When the taxes are removed, I see that the payment was $379/month so it sounds like that other dealer even though I asked about the taxes being rolled in (they said yes) they actually were not if you do the math. My figures were also off a bit because the sales guy mentioned 1% interest, when in fact the payment was calculated with a higher rate, causing me a bit of confusion.

At any rate, is there any way that the other dealer could be correct? $379 does seem a bit low for a $36K car, 57% residual, with $4,400 down and $2500 worth of taxes rolled into the lease....
  • chrishhchrishh Posts: 15
    Atlanta area, looking to do a three year, 15K, no money down lease on a 2008 EOS "Turbo" .. basically a base model, I want a stick shift but finding one is next to impossible. I

Did get one quote from a dealer on an 08 with heated seats/ipod for $526 which turned into $499 when I asked why it was so high. I still think that price is nuts. Residual on the form was .57. My tax rate is 7% and I am not doing a trade which would affect the lease (basically I am doing an equal trade - if I owe money then I would pay it out of pocket)

From what I can tell, at $499 per month it meant nothing off with 5% lease interest equivalent. Of course the locals have their "dealer doc fees" and "advertising fees".

I was aiming for something nearer 430, anyone gotten such a deal?
    I drove the 6 speed and it was awful! Doesn't shift anywhere near as nice as my Passat. The other problem with the stick shift is that Reverse is right next to 1st gear. You have push down the gearbox and then go left and up to get to it. Real pain in the a** in my opinion. Your better off with the tiptronic/auto (the tiptronic sucks too but the auto mode shifts pretty smoothly and it's quick). Good luck!
    Well after looking over the lease proposal from my local VW dealer and having it reviewed on this site I lost my desire for one. After that attempted rip off by my local I don't want to see a VW again.
  • aw57aw57 Posts: 12
    I am one week into driving my new 6 speed Eos and I am loving every minute so far. After one or two times, I got used to having to press down and go left to get to reverse. I find the shifting nice and easy - and my last car was a 6 speed BMW 330ci. If you love driving a stick, as I do, then get the Eos in a manual.
    After that attempted rip off by my local I don't want to see a VW again.

Huh.
    One dealer tries to "rip you off" and that swears you off a brand? In that case, odds are pretty damned good that you will be swearing off ALOT of brands!

I doubt it, this is actually the first time in twenty years I have had a dealer try to pull this stunt. Consider I visited one dealer and e-mailed three others I haven't found one reason to be impressed with VW sales. Which leads me to, why would I trust their service if their sales are either deceptive or not responsive.

I have purchased in order, Ford, Dodge, Mazda, Infiniti, Nissan, and Honda in that order. Never once did I have any dealer engineer a lease or sale that was so fraudulent.
    that was so fraudulent

Well, "so fraudulent" and "not fraudulent at all" are 2 very different things.

Besides, many people don't even catch that they are being ripped off in some way or form. I've had very few experiences where they didn't try to pull SOMETHING on me. I've just caught it most times and corrected it prior to purchase. I see it as part of the game.

Off topic warning:
    My personal favorite was the Dodge dealer who had the destination charge pre-printed at the bottom of all the sales contracts. They would then write in the price from the window sticker or ... in my case ... invoice price and add that destination line to it. It took a bit of explaining on my part that the invoice price we agreed to already INCLUDED destination and it can't be added again (of course, same would be for someone paying sticker price). They eventually took it off. Salesman told me he's never had anyone complain before. Makes me feel bad for all those who never caught this little tactic.

Actually, my own experience at VW hasn't been that great either. They used to have this great reputation for really wanting to help the customer. That seems to have changed now. Let's face it, all dealers are out to make money. You just gotta know what you're doing and watch your back. Good luck!
  • Hi I have bought all of my cars, but am thinking of leasing an 08 EOS komfort.
    I got a quote from the dealer of about $1500 out of pocket, price $500 over cost, residuals of 60%, with a monthly payment of $430. 36 month lease, 10k miles a year. 20c after

Is this good? I have heard of lease deals of like 329$ - is this a joke?
    I have heard of lease deals of like 329$ - is this a joke?

The thing about advertised lease deals is they often carry fine print that says things like "plus taxes, tags, and fees. $3985 due at signing." etc etc.

• Right off of their web page (vw.com)
    $329/Month. 36-Month Lease
    2008 Eos 2.0T with Manual Transmission
    $2,399 Due at Signing
    (excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees)

Or, see your local VW dealer for one of the many other great lease deals available on Eos
    ©2008 Volkswagen of America, Inc. *U.S. cars only. Based on MSRP of $29,680 for a 2008 Eos with Manual Transmission, excluding title, taxes, options and dealer charges. Monthly payments total $11,844. Dealer contribution required, $1,002.02. Purchase option at lease end for $17,511.20. For all offers at lease end lessees responsible for $0.20/mile over 36,000 miles and for damage and excessive wear. Dealer sets actual prices. Lessee responsible for insurance. Closed-end lease offered to highest qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. Offers end June 30th, 2008. Additional charges may apply at lease end. See your Volkswagen dealer for financing details or for general product information call 1-800-Driv

I missed the 'plus taxes, etc. etc.'
    so that is 2400 +1500 = 3900$, and it is only a manual Turbo?
    does this validate my $430 a month quote?
    hey, not bad on my part. I was just throwing out random numbers. :)

So, there ya go.

Have you plugged all your numbers into the Edmunds lease calculator? If your purchase price was good, and money factor in line with what is available, then you did fine (sorry, i can't run all the numbers right now). But my gut reaction to your numbers, based on the advertised lease deal you posted, is that you did just fine. Rule of thumb is that every $500 less you put down raises your lease payment (on a 3-year lease) about $15. You put down about $1k less than the ad, pushing the base payment to $359. You got a car with a higher pricetag than the ad deal. So each $1k more MSRP is another $30 on the payment. You did get less miles per year, however, but that woud only push you down maybe $20/mo. And, finally, depending on where you live, the taxes and fees can add quite a bit.

• Hi Car Man

Pls let me know the lease deal for 2009 and 2008 EOS Komfort for a 36 mth, 12000 miles per year.

Thanks, Rahul
  • Here you go, Rahul. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year .00160 and 58%, respectively.

At this point, I doubt if you would even be able to find a "new" 2008 Eos on dealers lots. Even if you were able to find one, you would not be able to lease it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car-Man:

Here in Nevada, dealer is quoting me a 36 month/12,000 per year residual of 53% on a 2009 EOS Komfort. Also, are their any rebates on these cars? Dealer tells me $2,500, but the web says $4,500. Which is correct?

Thanks Car_Man
  • Hi jeffreyb3. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00162 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 model are .00127 and 53%.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2010 version of this car, however it is providing cash on the 2009 model.

Its lease cash varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I would be happy to tell you how much cash there is on your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • gela1gela1 Posts: 2
    Hiya Car Man
    I'm in San Francisco and I'd love any info or tips you have on lease cash or leasing in general right now in my region.
    I'm aware of the VW ad running for 2009 Eos Leasing but I'm having a hard time getting numbers with the contact I've made so far with dealers.
    Cheers,
    G
  • Have you contacted VW in SF?
    I always provide detailed quotes...

Mico
  • gela1gela1 Posts: 2
    Hello Mico, I just heard back earlier today from someone. Thank you.