Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions

Comments

• nmkevnmkev Posts: 5
    Well I played with numbers and could not get them to match via the Edmunds calculator. The offer expires tomorrow so I think I'll wait until end-of-June anyway.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey nmkev. Volkswagen's current lease program for the 2007 Eos, which is a really cool car BTW, is not very good. Its buy rate lease money factor is currently .00305, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 7.32%. The best way to get a good deal on this model right now is to shop around with a few dealers for the lowest possible selling price and then have the one that gives you the most attractive price calculate your monthly payment using the above money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cambrocambro Posts: 18
    So I've decided to take the plunge and get a new car. I like the versatility of the Eos/Mini Cooper (both have sunroof/convertible option), but the prices are jaw-dropping (no pun intended). I like the Eos more for the hardtop feature and after driving the Mini Cooper the visibility is dangerous IMHO.

The Edmunds lease v. buy calculator tells me to buy the Eos since I can get a 60 month car loan for 5.5%, yet I'm concerned about purchasing the Eos. The forum posts seem to suggest that Eos' initial year quality has been hit/miss. That weighs in favor of leasing since I can then evaluate the car for 3 yrs before committing to buying. Not to mention that leasing should run me about $100-150 cheaper per month.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance!
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Posts: 98
    :) You have said them all...
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    I was all excited about the EOS and wanted to see if I could get into one, but their pricing is absolutely insane. Dealers say that they move out quickly, but if they really did, I would see more of them. The numbers for this car are unreasonable, considering it is a fun car, but really where do you draw the line when it comes to pricing. Leasing is a bad way to go in a way, you can finance and more than likely pay less a month, because lease numbers are so bad. But then again VW probably considers this car a major luxary, and not worried about volume, rather than they worry about the cost. I gave up on the EOS. I would lease this car, you never know what will happen after the warranty is up. They told me, that if I wanted a $350 payment, I would have to put down like 4-6k!! Uh, NO!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,895
    Dealers say that they move out quickly, but if they really did, I would see more of them.

Well, it goes both ways. Whether you see alot on the road depends also on manufacturer volume. The question is, are there alot sitting on the dealer's lot? If not, then he is apparently telling the truth.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    Car_Man,

I was offered $445 a month on a lease, 36mth ,12 with about 2k down. This is the automatic, the manual would be $399, I am really thinking that it is very possible to get in the $300's and be realistic, meaning the dealer is still making a profit. I told the dealer, the only way I would do the deal is if I am able to get into the $300's range, the internet manager said it was very possible, plus if I put down $3k, possibly 4k. Which I know its not suggested to put alot of money down, but it would be the only way to lease this car for me. I'll take the chance. Please let me know what you think. Money factor, and residuals bad on this car. You can get a 38,000 acura with 2,500k down in the $400's , so something is off a bit.

Thanks alot!
  • ALG lists this car as the 2008 residual value winner on its web site for the sports car category. I would expect that to translate into high residual values for leasing. Does anyone know if this bars out in reality? Also, does anyone know the current money factor on VW lease deals for the EOS?
  • Hi skinnydog. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW Eos 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00236 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan -

I notced above that you posted the December Money Factor for the 2008 EOS at .00236. That is good news for me, but I have a question.

I went into Santa Monica VW today hoping to lease a 2008 VM EOS. I have a friends & family certificate, which specifies that they will sell me the car at dealer invoice and with the most attractive lease terms. I was quoted a MF of .00301 for the car. I thought it was a bit high and I left. I don't know much about these certificates (I have a family member who just works on the marketing side). Do you know if they are required to honor the .00236 that you mentioned?

Also, I was quoted a 62% residual percentage for a 3 year 10k/mo lease - does that sound right to you?

Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,895
    rate can be marked up by the dealer, and it also depends on your credit.
    i would try another dealer, personally.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• Car_man -

What is the residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW 2.0T Komfort with 10k miles a year? 12k?

THANKS!
  • Hi lamusic. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 60%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vwgrrrlvwgrrrl Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if VCI (Volkswagen Credit, Inc.) is extra tough to get a lease from? My sister tried once and got declined. If the dealer doesn't have any luck with VCI, can't they try another bank? Aren't they supposed to suggest it or do they normally let you walk out?
  • markw501markw501 Posts: 2
    Car Man:
    There is a dealer in MA that has the EOS for $249/mo. with $2K down.
    http://vw.quirkcars.com/specials/index.htm?category=2008%20EOS%20Lease
    I asked my local and regions to match it and they say it's a scam, because it cuts below cost. What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Mark
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    Note: 24 months and 10,000 miles a year
    $1,999 down. Taxes and fees additional

Figure around $600 for acquisition fee, $499 for dealer fee, $299 for document fee, etc, etc, etc...

By the time you add it all up, plus the $1999 down, that adds about $150/mo. to the price... This looks like the stripper model... so, $399/mo. sounds about right..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ideadesignideadesign Posts: 4
    The deal you asked about is possible if it is the base model (below the Kumfort) and with a manual transmission (not noted in ad). If you were to eliminate the 2k down and figure dealer prep, taxes and other fees your vehicle would be close to $400/month.

What you need to consider of course is of course could you live with the stripped model with a manual transmission. You also need to be aware that there is no mention of whether it must be from currently inventory on site, that they even have any on site, and if so in what colors. Also, please note that the deal has "*" without explanation and that 2K required becomes an expensive down if you consider that the lease is only for 24 months.

For comparison, I have a 2008 EOS Kumfot with the 17 wheel upgrade option that I got in January. Lease payment is $435.00 for 48 months with nothing out of pocket.
  • mxracer965mxracer965 Posts: 3
    I think the dealer I'm working with is sticking it to me...

2008 Eos Lux 3 year 12K/year lease, trade in down ($4,400), quoted at $435/month. MSRP-$763 for the car, 1% interest. Looks like they calculated 52% residual. I see previously residual should be 60%? Can someone please confirm...payment by my calculation at 58% residual should be $376 (all payments including taxes). I question if the 52% is correct since this is technically nearly a year old soon and that is why the residual is relatively low or should it still be 60%?
  • mxracer965mxracer965 Posts: 3
    Oh, haven't signed anything binding yet, so I supposedly still have time to back out, which after hearing back on this I probably will end up doing...
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    That residual is from Feb and would not be correct at all now. Leasing residuals can change on a month to month basis. A dealer can't mess with the residual but can mark up the money factor.