Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi gela1. You're in the right part of the country if you want to lease a 2009 Eos right now. In the Western U.S. Volkswagen has pumped up its normal $250 lease cash on this car to a whopping four grand! Make sure to use this cash to negotiate an extremely attractive capitalized cost for the car that you are interested in. Also, make sure that the dealer that you lease from uses VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor of .00108 to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rahulgrahulg Posts: 25
    Hi Car Man

Can you pls let me know current money factor and residual for 2010 Komfort for 36 mth 12 k and 15 k lease. Also my dealer said that residual for Komfort and Luxury model are different. It looked odd to me since luxury just has some additional convenience options.

Also, let me know if VW is providing any incentives or rebates on 2010 EOS. Planning to pick up car on 27th Feb if can work out a deal. Your response in a day or two would help me negotiate a good deal.

Thanks Rahul
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey rahulg. Here's the information that you're looking for. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00057 and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The person who told you that the residual values for the Komfort and Luxury models are different was correct. The Lux model's resids are a painful 4% lower than the Komfort model's resids.

VW is providing a cash incentive on leases of this car in certain areas. I would be happy to let you know if there is any cash available in your area if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, Thanks a lot for this info. Dealer was quoting me 0.00087 for MF so this info would help. I am looking to buy the car either from my state NE or neighboring state of South Dakota or Illinois. Let me know what cash incentives I can expect in these state.

Thanks, Rahul
    Hi Car Man

Another small info that I need is if you can check changes in lease program of VW for month of March because one of the dealer called me today and told that VW has reduced MF and raised residuals. So wanted to check if the figures shared by you could change under the March program which came to dealers today on March 3.
    You're welcome, Rahul. Unfortunately, the last time that I checked there wasn't any cash incentives available on leases of this car in the states that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Rahul. I heard that VDub made a few unscheduled revisions to its programs yesterday but I haven't seen them yet. I'll make some calls and see what I can find out for you. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me in a day or two and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man
    Just a reminder if you can let me know on the new revisions made by VW to their EOS lease program. Also if there are any new incentives that have come along with this new program.

Thanks Rahul
    Hi Car Man

Let me know if you could find some info for me on the ercent changes by VW.

Thanks, Rahul
  • wiesmanwiesman Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man

Is the VW lease incentive based on the state that you live in or the state of the dealer where you are acquiring the car? If the former where are the best current incentives?
  • mininaminina Posts: 1
    Hi

I am planning to lease a 2010 Eos in Miami, FL withing the next 15 days

2010 Eos Konfort with Navi

10K Lease for 36 months

are there any incentives in my area? how much should I expect to pay? or be considered a good deal

I am pretty new to leasing so any pointers and help would be appreciated

Thank you
    Minina
    Hi wiesman. Unfortunately, manufacturers' incentives are based upon the state that you live in, not where you purchase. So it's not possible to travel to a different state to take advantage of a more attractive regional program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Minina. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the Eos. I would be happy to use Volkswagen's actual April lease program to work up a lease payment on the specific car that you are interested in for you. In order to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • dougwolfdougwolf Posts: 2
    I'm considering a single pay lease as I don't want monthly payments for a variety of reasons. The EOS I am looking at is right at $30,000 with a money factor of .002 so the payment on a 36 month lease is $407.89 (no cap reduction). Should I expect to pay just 36x$407.89 or is a single-pay lease calculated differently?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,456
    I'm not sure how VW does it, but most lease companies have a lower money factor for the one pay lease. So, they figure it with the lower MF, and add those payments together...

So, you should expect a lower amount than (term X payment)..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• CarMan (or anyone that is knowledgable here!)

I am looking to lease a 2010 or 2011 EOS LUX for 36 months, 10k miles a year. do you know the residual value % and money factor I should be using when determining what the lease payments should be? Thanks!
  • Hi lamusic. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Eos Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are .00124 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen isn't providing lease support any longer on the 2010 Eos.

This month, VW is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • chloetanchloetan Posts: 11
    Hi All,
    Does anyone knows if there's a 12 - 24 months short term lease offered on 2011 Volks Eos Convertible?

Thanks~
  • starks33starks33 Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

Can you please let me know what MF and residual value I should expect for a 2011 EOS Komfort? Looking for a 3 year with 12k miles.

Thanks for the awesome assistance as always!
    Hi starks33. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • We are going to leas a 2012 Eos Komfort in the next 2 weeks.
    Can somebody please post the latest residuals and money factors for a 36 month lease with 12,000 & 15,000 miles?
    Also, can the dealership bump the money factor to make back end money?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Scott
    Hi Scott. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Eos Komfort with 15,000 miles per year are .00027 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Dealerships are often allowed to mark up vehicles' money factors. I'm not sure if VW Credit permits markups on this specific model, but there's a good chance that it does. As long as you know what your car's money factor is you should be in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • marcr92marcr92 Posts: 9
    Hey Car_man,

Considering the release of the 2012s, do you think VW has room in the price to give a steeper discount? I would think if they have 2011s sitting in the lot they would want to move those out so they can get the 2012s in.

Any updates on residuals or MFs?

Thanks
  • Car_Man - Thanks for the reply. We were quoted the .000270 from the F&I person. We have good credit, with my wifes being very good. We currently have a 2010 Jetta TDI financed through VW Credit in my wifes name at 0% for 60 months. When the dealer contacted VW, they said our rate would be higher because of already having a car through VW Credit, and it would have to be in both names. Does this make sense to you. Are they thinking we are a higher risk by having two loans with them or something?
    Hey marcr92. You're right about dealers wanting to unload their leftover 2011 models now that the 2012 models have arrived. If I was in the market for a 2011 Eos, I personally would shoot for a selling price of fairly close to dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives.

I don't believe that this car's lease program has changed since I last mentioned it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi macrodarden. As long as you haven't missed ay payments on your current loan through Volkswagen Credit and you have the income to support two loans, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that the fact that you have one would make another loan through them more expensive.

Are you sure that the dealer didn't say .00027 and not .00270? That's a huge leap. I wonder if the dealer is trying to mark your car's money factor up and blaming it on VW Credit?

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, what are the latest residuals and money factors for the 2012 Eos Komfort with 10k miles and 12k miles at 36 months?

I was quoted today $469 a month for 10k miles with everything included in the payment. Seems a bit high and the dealer had room to play with the price. Is there a target price I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance
    Nevermind, was quoted under invoice today for $393 a month, everything in payments except bank fee up front. Residual was 56% and MF was .00024 at 10k miles with a $1000 rebate.
  • Hey Guys, is there currently lease cash on the 2012 Eos, how much?

-Brian
    Hi Brian. Volkswagen is currently only providing a cash incentive on leases of this car in the Central U.S., where there is $750.

Car_man
    Host