Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M Starting/Stalling problems

Comments

• I am having the exact same problem you described. Is yours still running ok?
  • My 99 is doing the same thing, no check engine light. Did you get it fixed? There is a post in this forum about replacing a cam sensor. My husband is a tech and when I described what was happening, that was the very first thing he said. Unfortunately, this one may take throwing some parts at it, but the other post here said that that sensor has so far fixed the problem. It can definitely be scary and dangerous!!
  • This one is probably the starter. I had exactly the same problem.
  • Have you seen the post about the cam sensor? Mine is a 99, but they didn't change much. I have the exact same thing going on with mine right now.
  • M husband decided to see if it would start a few days after I posted that message & it started 2 times just fine. I still don't feel safe enough to drive it somewhere & shut it off tho. So you really think it's the starter? I'll tell my husband about that, and hopefully it will do the trick. Thanks for your help!
  • Yes, mine did exactly the same thing, starting and not starting for several weeks. Sometimes I would go to start it and it would crank like it wanted to start, I would take the key out, put it back in (not that that would actually make a difference) and it would start. Other times it would start right up and then not at all. Fortunately, my husband is a technician and keeps my car going. I am having another problem with it now aside from the tapping/ticking from the engine and ongoing front end issues. I love my car but it has had many things go wrong with it including power windows that haven't worked right from day one, rear hubs, front hubs, starter, a broken spark plug, etc. It is such a beautiful car and I don't want to give it up, but I am not sure how safe it is anymore (107,000 miles).
  • Hi, have problems with my chrysler 2.5 tdi voyager stalling, wondering if this could be the solution to mine?
    Diognosis at Chrsyler couldn't pin point it and don't want to just keep throwing money at it .. . .
  • It has been running great...no more stalls at all. Just have them hook up with an diagnostic check even though your engine check light don't come on (mine didn't) it still might get a reading. My 300M has over 150,000 and is running like a champ at this point since the fix (knock on wood).
  • I NEED HELP, PLS. I have been periodically experiencing problems with my 300M. The car "dies" when I am driving it and it is extremely worrisome when this occurs. The engine light comes on after this happens. I live in Southern FL and have taken it to different dealers for repair. The last time it was fixed the cam sensor was replaced. The car has been working for about a year and the other day it had a relapse. I only have 26K miles on the car. Are there solutions to this problem? Is there a mechanic in the house?? HELPPP!

Thanks. :cry:
  • sunkaxsunkax Posts: 3
    Hi I have a 99 300m and it won't start when the engine is hot. it is a big problem in the summer cause i have to wait untill it cools down. sometimes it starts but the engine is shaking very bad, like he wants to jump out. if I push the gas pedal in park it doesnt help, but after I move and accelerate good, it stops and its running good. no check engine light...
    thanks for any help
  • dsiscodsisco Posts: 1
    Hi, I am experiencing the exact same issues with my 99 300M. Were you able to figure out the problem? We had to replace the engine (another problem), I thought this problem would go away, but it has not. ONLY happens during HOT weather. Any input would be much appreciated.
  • dgrams1dgrams1 Posts: 7
    my only running/start problems concerned the fuel pump relay. Nothing yet experiencing hot start probs with the 300. Only have 72k though and that may be the reason.

dg
  • I have a 99 300c with 33m miles and love the car but I do now have starting problems. I spend time out of the area and the car sits in my garage and upon return (after about 3 weeks) it will not start. Last year at this time they towed it in and I was told I needed a new battery. Has worked fine until now upon my return it again will not start. I did see the Autostick Input Circuit in the message center. What should I do next to get it started???
  • Sorry about the error in the previous post. My 300c is an 05; but I do have a 99 300 also with 83m and I keep it at my winter home. That is a great car as well!!
  • I now am up and running with another new battery. I was now informed that if I am going to be not using the car for a few weeks then I must pull the main circuit in the trunk of the car. Even when not being used lots of things are drawing on the battery and that could have a possiblity of draining the battery beyond recharge ability. With two new batterys in the last 1 year, I will be pulling that circuit the next time I go out of town for any period of time.
  • 2005 300M 101,500 milles stalling randomly. Going 10 - 60 mph it cuts off and I have to coast to the side of the road. Let it sit and it will restart sometimes after 5 - 10 minutes or hours. Very dangerous!!! Mechanic replaced fuel pump, sensors, updated computer firmware and it is still occuring. Car will crank like nothing is wrong sounds great just won't start till its ready. If anyone can help with this safety issue I would greatly appreciate it.
  • My car will sometimes stall as you attempt to start it, and then the check engine light comes on for a few days, but the car runs fine..Other times the light comes on and when the car attempts to shift gears it will sputter..If you shut off the car, the problem disappears and eventually the light will go off..I got the code checked, and I was told it was the crank sensor..I changed the sensor, but the problem still occurs..The other suggestions were faulty wiring or timing issue..Any help??
  • i have those problems with my 300m 99 and i try to replace cam and crank sensors nothing change i finaly replace the sparks plugs and since that time my car run like a new one . not espensive solution to try
  • need2no1need2no1 Posts: 1
    I am new to this place. I have also been having problems with my 2000 Chrysler 300m. I have around 145K mile on mine. I have had the car for about 2 years and have had no problems with it until all of the sudden I was driving to work and I pressed on the gas and the car just shut off. I got a couple people to look at it and they told me the fuel pump. So I got the fuel pump fixed and it still didnt start. Now they say it cold possibly be the Ignitin Control Module. Does anybody have any information of what exactly the problem might be and what else I could have checked before I go and spend the $800 to have the ICM fixed?
  • All the lights are flashing but it does nothing when I turn the key. It used to do this but would start after a while, now it wont start at all. Any ideas would be a God send, thank you in advance! :mad: