Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES Solving Rattles and Noises

2»

Comments

• prazpraz Posts: 163
    I had rattles from dash (not in summer) and rear (not in winter). From last month, I had rattles from dash and rear as it was cold and warm in Phoenix. Last week, I got my car from the dealer and have not heard a rattle from the dash but hear rear rattle only later in the day when the temperature is warm. There is a TSB to fix both the issues, will take my car back if the rear rattle becomes unbearable.
  • home123home123 Posts: 7
    My car started to have another rattling noise in the dashboard/passenger side, and I finally pin pointed the source: the big black Sirius Radio Box attched to the front windshield! It's making a metal vibrating sound whenever I change lane on the freeway or when the road is slightly bumpy. You can reproduced the rattling by simply tapping on the box. I took the car to Longo Lexus and pointed it out to them, and they were skeptical at first, but as soon as I demonstrated it to them, they finally agreed to replace the whole sirius radio box for me. Ever since then, the metal vibrating sound is gone! Hope this helps some of you guys who have suffered from this irratating rattleing noise.
  • I've had my 2008 ES350 for six months. I notice a rattle in the console area somewhere between the shifter and the NAV system. It is a heavy metal clunking sound when the car encounters moderately rough roads. I have not taken it to the dealer yet as I am quite far from one. Has anyone experienced anything similar, and know what it might be?
  • Sounds like something loose in dash. Most noticeable when cold, but also occurs once in a while when car is warm. Have taken back to dealer five times. Is anyone aware of a service bulletin in regard to this problem or better yet has anyone found a solution? If a service bulletin is available, how can I get a copy of it?
2»
This discussion has been closed.