Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am picking up a white one on Thursday, the car has the climate package, geartronic, premium package and the wind deflector. The price is $40,700.00.
    Ask them to include the wind deflector, the dealer charges $600.00 for it, you can buy it online for about $400.00. The incentives change month to month, I could have paid less last month but I waited to long to decide what to do.
    I am getting mine from Volvoville in Massapequa on Long Island, send me an e-mail at nclagnaz@optonline.net and I will give you the name of my salesman.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    $3000 off is a pretty good deal.
  • We got our '07 with 1600 miles with every option except Navigation and including the wind deflector for $38,500.
    Sold as a used car?
  • Yes, it had been traded in on a Porsche.
    Yes, it had been traded in on a Porsche.

thats what I thought.

I believe the poster was talking about a new C70,not a used one.
  • clarkuclarku Posts: 14
    I'm seeing '08 C70s in the Boston area advertised for $4,400 below MSRP. Not bad.
  • deyshdeysh Posts: 1
    I found a c70 ht coupe with 60k miles in what appears to be in good shape for $9800. Thats seems like a good deal? Right?
    Sounds pretty good to me.
    Make sure to check the maintenance records.
  • phuocphuoc Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm closing on a 2009 OSD for $40,612 includes the followings
    - Automatic
    - Premium Package
    - Climate Package
    - Convenience Package
    - Blind Spot Infos
    - Re-seat covers
    - Metallic color
    - Integrated Bluetooth (Standard for 09)

All for $40,612 + Tax and Tittle.

Please let me know if it a good deal.

Thanks,

Phuoc
  • Best buying experience for me. Every option but BLIS. I would have liked the retractable mirrors but I can live without them. Great deal and I was so glad to find an awesome salesman (Charles Mechura) at Volvo of Orange County in Santa Ana, CA that it made everything worth it to me. Celestial Blue/Calcite Cream interior. Had it shipped to Staten Island, NY in perfect condition, no damage, everything works, and I'm thrilled. I'd deal with these guys again in a heartbeat. Purchased and bought a 7yr warranty too.

I truly tried to deal with a few places in nearby NJ and no one wanted to go the distance to find what I wanted fully loaded. They kept trying to talk me out of packages that I knew I wanted. I didn't want to settle so I started searching the internet for what I wanted. So glad I did.
  • hummushummus Posts: 8
    2008 Black on Black C70
    Climate Package
    Bi-Xenon
    Dynaudio
    Sirius
    Premium Package
    Auto
    18 Mirzam Wheels
    MSRP 46,437

Lease Deal:
    0 Drive Off
    558 per month with tax already included
    36 months/12k per year

Negotiations done via email. One of the easiest transactions yet.
  • lknslkns Posts: 8
    I am considering a C70. I understand that the navigation system is not voice activated (a big drawback, I think), but I cannot find anything that says whether it is touch screen or not. Also, I have heard that you cannot get the nav system and the IPod adapter. Anyone know more about these issues? Thanks.

KR-JS
    Nav isn't touch screen.
    There are controls on the steering wheel and a remote.
    Nav is only programmable when the car is stopped.
    The USB interface is compatible w/ the Nav system.
  • Lovely. I have my C70 3 weeks now and the last thing I need to learn how to use is the NAV system. I would not have bothered adding it if I knew it was not voice activated. That's awful. I have voice activated NAV on my Touareg and I can tell you I never ever look at the map to see where I am. The voice just guides me along. I also program it as I'm driving. Aren't both systems by NavTeq? I know the Touareg is. I think I truly wasted my money on this feature. Should have gotten the Garmin portable. Live and learn. I thought I did my homework too.
    Voice activated means that YOU can give verbal commands to the unit.

The C70 Nav system has a voice, and can give you voice instructions.
    Why didn't your salesperson go over the Nav system with you? :confuse:
  • bobparisbobparis Posts: 28
    I am able to operate the nav system while moving. Other cars I have had do not allow this (for safety reasons) and I was surprised that Volvo would. I will admit that the $230 Garmin portable we have for another car is touch-screen and much easier to program and offers more functionality. The crazy thing with the Volvo system is that the ENTER and BACK buttons are in reversed positions on the steering wheel and remote control, respectively. Makes it tough since you memorize the button possition for the steering wheel but have to mentally reverse for the remote. Where is the focus group when you need one???
  • Oooooh! Thanks. The salesman is 3000 miles away and obviously couldn't show me anything. I live in NY and purchased in CA. He did go over a few things while I was in the car on my cell but thanks to AT&T's "wonderful" service in my area, it kept cutting us off so we decided to go over the car when I was at a better location. I guess there are things I'll have to discover on my own, the nav being one of them. I also don't understand the best settings for the dynaudio system.
  • redbuzzredbuzz Posts: 57
    I am also able to program the nav system while moving. Usually my wife does it with the remote since I get confused with the buttons on the wheel. It's probably a good thing that the controls are on the back of the wheel and can't be seen, because I would probably take my eyes of the road while trying to navigate the navigation system!
    I was at Costco yesterday and they had a poster promoting the Volvo C70 to be purchased through their auto buying program. In addition to their "discount" price (quoted by a participating dealer) Costco is throwing in a $500 gift card. Worth checking out since dealers must be motivated during these tough times.
  • Now I feel stupid. What good would the NAV system be without it speaking to you! I think it's time to do some reading.

Costco had this offer just as I paid for my new car. However, if I had to use the dealers in my area, only one participated with Costco and it's the same dealer who refused to do more than an areawide search for what I wanted. He said he''d do a northeast regional search but no further, but if I really wanted a car from CA, I'd have to pay for the shipping. This same dealer's salesman took me out for a test drive and basically told me all I need is a stripped down car with possibly one or two options at most. I told him what I wanted and I said, "If you're paying for it, then I'll take anything. But since you're not, I want what I want and I'll find it myself if you can't." And I did.
  • onconc Posts: 26
    I had this offer today through Costco program:
    C70 2008, MSRP 43,000. Selling price 35,400.
    Total down: 2,035 (which includes 1st month)
    36 months lease with monthly payment of 535.

Is this good? I am thinking I can do better.

You also get $500 cash card from Costco.
    Costco is as good as it gets.
    I thought Costco had an auto-BUYING program and was not aware that you could lease. How many miles per year are you allowed? Over the course of the 3-year lease, with tax, you'll end up paying over half of the MSRP and then have to return the car. Doesn't sound too great to me. And you will have also used up the $500 worth of Costco paper towels, cranberry juice and stuffed grape leaves!
  • hummushummus Posts: 8
    It's not that good a deal especially if it is 535 + tax. Volvo of Calabassas has been running an add for the last month for a 43.1 k 2008 c70. O drive off, 499+ tax for 39 months. I was able to get a similar deal to that for a 46.3 k car without costco. Volvo sales are down 12% from a year ago, it's model year end time, and the economy is pretty shaky so it's 100% a buyers market. You can definitely do better. Good luck.
  • gsimangsiman Posts: 4
    I am new to this. Just got a C70 convetable. Is the spare tire supposed to be in a "bag" in the trunk and no cover on top of it. How are you supposed to use the trunk,the stuf you put in falls along the sides of the spare.
    Is the backseat armrest supposed to come out of the car when you pull it down.
    Is my dealer giving me the runaround.
    Thanks for any help
  • Wish I could help you. I opened the trunk today for the first time myself. I have the car for a month and didn't know what to expect. I found an empty very large zippered bag. I'm assuming mine was from the windblocker?? I don't really know what it is. I don't have a spare tire either but if the little space that I see had a tire in it, then I don't know where I'd store anything, except on the back seats! What's the deal with the backseat armrest? I haven't looked back there yet either. The windblocker is in my way and I don't know how to fold it down yet. I haven't really tried either. I do have a rattling roof that is driving me to insanity and I'm not happy to hear noise at 200 miles already!
  • onconc Posts: 26
    Thanks for replying.
    I am also looking at S80, I am just not getting good lease deals on either. Even calling Autoflex does not help. The best I get as selling price on 2008 S80 is invoice minus 4250 minus 1000 (costco) which I think is a fair price. I may end up purchasing the thing.
    I have never leased a car but got some good advice from someone who has. He warned me that you want the term of the lease to be multiples of 12 months so that you have the car for the full year that you paid registration fees for. In the case of a 39-month lease, you will pay full registration for the 4th year, but only have the car for three of the twelve months.
  • Hello! Could you share the selling price with me so I have a hint at how low I should try to negotiate a price? Also, can you list the name of the dealership where you purchased your car so perhaps I can shop there too (long distance).