Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    There is a certain amount of wiggle room usually.
    However, Volvo did recently increase the cost of the tire warranty. Apparently by quite a bit.
  • bobparisbobparis Posts: 28
    Purchased my Celestial Blue 2007 C70 on May 15, 2007. Car was fully-loaded with an MSRP of $49,377. Being in Los Angeles, I have the luxury of having about a dozen Volvo dealers within reasonable driving distance. For a $50,000 purchase, I don't mind driving an hour. Checked the dealer websites and found 4 that had the exact car I wanted. Emailed the Sales Manager at each store with a "song & dance" that my wife mentioned to her boss at [fill-in name of big company] that I was looking to buy a Volvo. The boss told her to have me call their vehicle department manager who said he could get me a quote since their maintenance fleet and outside sales autos are sold & serviced by a certain huge Ford dealer that also has a Volvo franchise. Quoted a C70 in Flint Grey w/ an MSRP of $49,377 for an out-the-door [including tax & license etc.] price of $50,789. Then related that I would prefer to have Celestial Blue and asked if they could they match this deal. Three of the dealers replied that I should buy the car in Flint Grey since they couldn't match the price. The fourth one to reply asked if I was ready to do the deal that day and when I replied "yes," he said he would start prepping the car and asked what time I would arrive. The process of sending the emails took about 15 minutes and doing the deal at the car lot took about an hour and a half. Price of the vehicle before fees was $46,500 which represents a discount off sticker of $2,877. I was very happy and got to exercise my creative writing skills.
  • BobParis - very clever use of a reverse "bait and switch" tactic! (Getting a price on a Flint Grey car - probably the least in-demand color - and then getting it matched on the car you really want!)

I would assume that there are some OK-to-good deals to be had on remaining 2007's - I also think that there is more negotation room on C70's ever since the new BMW 3-series convertibles came out.

In my case, I got a good deal by accident, due to a dealer with integrity. I had ordered a car in late November or early December (2006, but a 2007 model), and was expecting it to arrive in early-to-mid February. In mid-January I get a call from the dealer telling me my car order didn't get placed properly. He tells me that he can get me an identical car, with everything I ordered, plus two things I didn't order: Dynaudio and the 18" wheels package. I am smelling bait and switch at hearing this, but after I argue about not wanting to pay for things I didn't really want (at least not at that price), he tells me he will honor the original price (which had been MSRP for what I originally ordered). I was still expecting some sort of other shoe to drop when I went to pick up the car, but there was no attempt to change the price on me. So I paid MSRP for the original order configuration, and basically got Dynaudio and the 18" wheels package thrown in for free. (Note that this was still a bit more than the new car's invoice, but a very good deal at the time.)
  • deskmandeskman Posts: 485
    needed 36 month 10.5k res% and money factor with volvo financial services.820 to 850 beacon.

osd pick up in may/june/july.

Thanks
    Deskman
  • I am on Long Island and am in the process of negotiating for a 2008 Ice White w/ the premium package and climate package.
    I am trading in a 2007 Civic EX Sedan w/ 8,200 miles on it.
    The dealer wants to give me $14,500.00 for the Civic, the price of the C70 is $39,300.
    I plan on trying to negotiate another $1,000.00 off of the price either through getting more for the trade in or lowering the price of the C70 or a combination of both.
    Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,
  • What is the MSRP of the C70 you selected?
  • According to Edmunds the MSRP is $43,405 and the Invoice is $40,606.
    The salesperson did mention that there is a rebate available now but I do not know how much it is for, I assume it is a dealer rebate and that the dealership can pass the rebate on to the customer if they need to.
    Thanks,
    Incentive is $1500, so you don't have much room in the new car.

You MIGHT have another $500 in the Civic.
  • Thanks for the information, I will let you know how I do.
  • Glad to hear about the incentive. I am also negotiating for a C70. I'm looking at a car with the climate package, geartronic, and premium package. Dealer quoted $46k with $1500 off and said I could probably get another $1500 off because its winter. Does that sound reasonable?
  • I am picking up a white one on Thursday, the car has the climate package, geartronic, premium package and the wind deflector. The price is $40,700.00.
    Ask them to include the wind deflector, the dealer charges $600.00 for it, you can buy it online for about $400.00. The incentives change month to month, I could have paid less last month but I waited to long to decide what to do.
    I am getting mine from Volvoville in Massapequa on Long Island, send me an e-mail at nclagnaz@optonline.net and I will give you the name of my salesman.
    $3000 off is a pretty good deal.
  • We got our '07 with 1600 miles with every option except Navigation and including the wind deflector for $38,500.
    Sold as a used car?
  • Yes, it had been traded in on a Porsche.
    Yes, it had been traded in on a Porsche.

thats what I thought.

I believe the poster was talking about a new C70,not a used one.
  • clarkuclarku Posts: 14
    I'm seeing '08 C70s in the Boston area advertised for $4,400 below MSRP. Not bad.
  • deyshdeysh Posts: 1
    I found a c70 ht coupe with 60k miles in what appears to be in good shape for $9800. Thats seems like a good deal? Right?
    Sounds pretty good to me.
    Make sure to check the maintenance records.
  • phuocphuoc Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm closing on a 2009 OSD for $40,612 includes the followings
    - Automatic
    - Premium Package
    - Climate Package
    - Convenience Package
    - Blind Spot Infos
    - Re-seat covers
    - Metallic color
    - Integrated Bluetooth (Standard for 09)

All for $40,612 + Tax and Tittle.

Please let me know if it a good deal.

Thanks,

Phuoc